Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

repair for rio 51 boat hull

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

repair for rio 51 boat hull

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:53 PM
jonesed65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default repair for rio 51 boat hull

ive had some problems with the rio 51 but hobby services 100 percent took care of the problem,hit a piece of wood in the water...chipped off a few places off the boat hull...i guess the gel coat..down to the fiberglass,what do you use to repair this,if so were do i get the stuff..thanks for any info....ed
Old 03-19-2008, 07:52 PM
misshydro

Default RE: repair for rio 51 boat hull

If theres no holes in the fiberglass? Just regelcoat it then use some two part spot puddy called ICING made by USC. you can get this stuff at your local autobody paint stores. It's used for autos&marines use. The resin you can get it at advance or autozones orNAPA or you autobody paint stores. If you need help and tips to repaire your boat,you can PM me or tell me on this post.[8D] I do autobody&paint for aliving.[8D] Here what you can do. Sand that area with 80-100 grit sand paper. Then apply the resin on that area.Sand it again and apply another coat of resin.Sand it with 80-100 get it smooth. then apply a coat of ICING and sand with block with 120-180 grit sand paper.You might have to apply another coat? If not? then your ready to prime it. Sand that area with 180-220. Prime it twise.Then you should be ready to paint. I use automotive paints that you use a spray gun with,Urothanes. But I done in rattle/spray paint,But I use automotive clears urothanse to clear it because Nitro wont harm them.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:57 PM
dirtysouth31

where at in virginia
Old 03-19-2008, 11:01 PM
jonesed65

thanks were do i get the gel coat,do i feel it in the places were gel coat is chipped out first,no damage to fiber glass underneath,then puddy,resin,paint..in that order...with sanding between...ed