Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Roger Newton passed away

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Roger Newton passed away

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 08:25 PM
chief3452

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roger Newton passed away

Hello Everyone,

Roger Newton passed earlier today. I copied his son David's post from Internationa Waters. He will be missed as he was a giant in this hobby. Godspeed Roger.

I regret to inform everyone that my father passed away this morning at 10:44. He developed may complications after his surgery due to the severity of the heart attack. He passed quietly and quickly without any pain or discomfort. In lieu of any flowers please send donations to the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum or Medic 1. I will get more detail on that later. Everyone can take comfort in knowing that he is up there now racing with my mother, Troy and all of the other fellow hydroplane brethren that has been taken from us. Thank you for everyone’s support throughout the entire process for my dad. I know it meant the world to him to know before he passed that so many people loved and cared for him. It is my hopes to continue the plan business as I know how important it was for him to continue the growth and development of model hydroplane racing. For now Newton Marine is on hold, after the dust settles I will make announcements to fill the backlog of orders and info everyone of the future of its direction. God bless you dad you are now at peace.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Roger Newton passed away

I've been following the threads on other sites since I found out yesterday. He had some very good Cardiologists working on him and they had Roger hooked up to 2 artificial heart pumps hoping to give him a transplant ASAP. His kidney's and other organs were failing on him as they weren't getting enough blood flow.

For those that don't know who Roger Newton is and there shouldn't be many of you, "The Czar" as he was affectionately known by drew up plans for the 1/8 scale hydroplanes that almost everyone in the industry has used.

RIP Roger. You will be missed. This is indeed a sad day in our hobby/sport.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:43 AM
wave waker

may u rest in peace...
Old 08-10-2008, 01:09 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I've only been in this great hobby for less than two years,The name Roger Newton was very familiar to me from the start,His name synonymous with 1/8 scale hydro's has left his mark on us,and on the work he will leave behind,and a standard for all of us to follow.... He most certainly will be missed.... R.C. Lazo
Old 08-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Spetz

R.I.P
Old 08-10-2008, 07:34 AM
schnipster

i did not know this man however i have lost my father...my heart goes out to hi son. i will pray for you ans your family.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:07 AM
webdr

Rest in Peace Roger[]
Old 08-10-2008, 12:35 PM
misshydro

My deepest condolences to you&your family. Never met Roger,but talk to him a few times threw emails about building the T-5 hull. Very nice guy to talk too. Roger may you R.I.P .Heaven just got a great hydroplane builder and racer now.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:54 AM
TCHedOff

I give my thoughts & prayers for his family too.