Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Paint jobs help and advice

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Paint jobs help and advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 02:46 PM
wholehog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Paint jobs help and advice

An ideal I was just real successful,and satisfied with. If you would like to custom your theme,and use decals on you base paint job,this is a great ideal. I found a local print shop that would work with me on my ideal for doing something trick on my boat. I had an ideal of what I wanted,so we went from there. They took digital pic's of the boat as it was with stock decals,and down loaded it to a computer. The graphics designer then started overlaying my ideal onto the boat. We tried different colors,tweaked the sizes,positions,and bada-bing. This took about thirty minuets,and the decals were done the next day. I cut some of the excess off the edges(I liked the look better) and applied them at home. The boat looks awesome! Another plus is,if I get tired of it as it is,I just go through the same process again (peal&stick). I'am still old school and use a 35mm camera. When I get the pictures of the boat developed,I'll post some pic's. Hope this helped. Frantz
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 AM
wholehog
My Feedback: (1)

An ideal I was just real successful,and satisfied with. If you would like to custom your theme,and use decals on you base paint job,this is a great ideal. I found a local print shop that would work with me on my ideal for doing something trick on my boat. I had an ideal of what I wanted,so we went from there. They took digital pic's of the boat as it was with stock decals,and down loaded it to a computer. The graphics designer then started overlaying my ideal onto the boat. We tried different colors,tweaked the sizes,positions,and bada-bing. This took about thirty minuets,and the decals were done the next day. I cut some of the excess off the edges(I liked the look better) and applied them at home. The boat looks awesome! Another plus is,if I get tired of it as it is,I just go through the same process again (peal&stick). I'am still old school and use a 35mm camera. When I get the pictures of the boat developed,I'll post some pic's. Hope this helped. Frantz
Old 03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
thebossman

hi i just put a wooden kit together.does the clear coat from a can seal the boat too about 5 coats rick
Old 10-07-2014, 04:52 PM
JUSTMECAT

17 years painting everything for a living. Pre pack propellants are fine if clear coated with laquer. 2 coat minimum.I suggest 4-5 coats. Then when the methane does dull or occasionally impart pink hue. You can easily rub it out with a quality polishing compound in a couple minutes. Also the newer synthetic automotive waxes are almost impervious to fuel for moderate amounts of time. Spent a few years removing diesel fuel stains from new heavy equipment parts until management accepted laquer clear coat. Then no more rework. Off road diesel is more corrosive than watered down nitro.