Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Southern MD boaters?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Southern MD boaters?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:40 AM
TrEsPaSS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern MD boaters?

Hey all, I just recently moved to the Waldorf area of southern MD. I am trying to find some boaters in the area, I am having a hard time finding water to drop my rides in.. thanks..
Todd

Old 04-24-2010, 11:44 AM
pete 29

Default RE: Southern MD boaters?

Hi my name is Mark I live in hunt valley i run up in carroll co. Looking for someone to with this summer let me know.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:43 PM
nothinbetr2do

if either of you guys make up north, i have a mid sized pond we can run in
Old 04-24-2010, 01:34 PM
TrEsPaSS

Sounds great, looks like an hour or two to both areas. Would be great, I am planning on scouting out some lakes down here with google earth. Glad to meet both of you, what do you run. I run a stock miss vegas .18, a modded miss vegas deuce .32, and a tc31 that is still in the works for mods. Pretty much just going for precision and speed right now, no racing yet. Thanks for the responses. I will get in touch with you via pm.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:24 PM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: TrEsPaSS

Sounds great, looks like an hour or two to both areas. Would be great, I am planning on scouting out some lakes down here with google earth. Glad to meet both of you, what do you run. I run a stock miss vegas .18, a modded miss vegas deuce .32, and a tc31 that is still in the works for mods. Pretty much just going for precision and speed right now, no racing yet. Thanks for the responses. I will get in touch with you via pm.
nice meeting you to. yes it would be a hike to come up, but i thought i would offer. google earth is how i found my pond, only bad part it ended up being at a park[:@] i called the parks dept. here to ask if i could first, and they said no problem i've been running there for almost 3 years now. as for boats, i have 3 running right now. a tc 31, a nemesis, and a pi fountain. the last 2 are gassers. i don't race either, just like to run my boats. come up anytime, i would love to have somebody else to run with
Old 04-25-2010, 08:30 AM
pete 29

What is the name of the park. I have a pro boat miss budweiser and two bby boats.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:34 AM
nothinbetr2do

it's called howard's pond park
here's a video i made of me running my nemesis there, so you get an idea of the size
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKImqXyLKis
Old 04-25-2010, 09:59 AM
pete 29

Can you tell me where the pond is.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:08 AM
nothinbetr2do

yup. if you go out of elkton on main st, it's right before main st turns into old baltimore pike going into delaware
Old 04-25-2010, 06:24 PM
pete 29

This is 2 hrs away from where i live hoping to find a pond to run closer now run in hampstead in carroll co md.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:37 PM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: muzz1966

This is 2 hrs away from where i live hoping to find a pond to run closer now run in hampstead in carroll co md.
no doubt, i hope you do find a pond closer. so you can run. just go around and check things out.
but if you ever come up my way, check me out.
you can spend the day of it, we can grill or what ever. it's right next to the town
Old 04-26-2010, 08:40 PM
tropheus29

Hey fellas....I live in Baltimore

Old 04-27-2010, 08:18 AM
TrEsPaSS

ORIGINAL: tropheus29

Hey fellas....I live in Hunt Valley too. There are a couple great spots to go to.

1. If you want to run with the club (Baltimore Modelers) we run in Columbia, MD. There was a tune up for the Green Brier Race (Scale Masters-Cancelled) a couple weeks ago. PM me for directions.

2. Lakeside Dr. in Bel Air, MDCorporate Industrial Park with 3 big fountains and a lot of geese crap. You can get real close to the edge and throwing in is a sinch. PM me for directions.

3. There is a long stretch of water by the Walmart in Frederick MD (Monocacy Blvd). It's worth the drive because it is a long drag strip. If you can get it on a calm day, it is sick for high speed passes.

Shoot me an email ([email protected]) if anyone would like to meet up to run. I will be out this Saturday. I run gassers but it makes know difference to me what you run as long as you have fun.
That sounds great tropheus! I was in Frederick yesterday and I believe it is only about 50 min away. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:13 PM
nothinbetr2do

great, it sounds like you might have found a few places to run and a buddy to run with. if you guys ever do come up my way, look me up
Old 04-27-2010, 06:17 PM
pete 29

I would like to run on saturday . Would like to meet in hunt valley after work we can talk. I run brushless and nitro.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:34 PM
tropheus29

I was going to run this Saturday too. It is supposed to be a great day. Anyone up for it? Pick a lake and I am in. I would even be willing to ride up to Elkton. From the looks of the video, that seems like a good spot.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:38 AM
pete 29

Belair would be great.Can i get a ride dont know the area very well Mark
Old 04-28-2010, 07:25 PM
tropheus29

I think I am going to go to Frederick. I jut don't feel like dodging fountains at 60mph. I can meet you there.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:36 AM
pete 29

Lets do belair one sarurday or sunday does anyone else run up there.I need directions how to get up there from hunt valley.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 AM
pete 29

Hey guys can yo give the right directions to get to the pond in belair i cant find it on mapquest i think it might be on a another street. Thanks Mark
Old 05-20-2010, 06:53 PM
weathervane

Hey guys, I live in Catonsville. (south west corner of Baltimore county) I run on the pond in Columbia. i95 and rt 175 Columbia and Jessup area. The only down side is, we are limited on the times we can run there. Something to do with the college that is there.
-Andrew
Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 PM
tropheus29

The boat club has been running in Columbia for 30 years. Long before the corporate industrial park surrounding it was even an idea. We are grandfathered and the lake is insured. Please make sure to get your IMPBA Card before running at that lake. For insurance purposes and to show if any questions are asked. The hours are all weekend and after 5:30pm on weekdays out of respect for the people working. Muzz I am going to shoot you a PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:09 AM
weathervane

A few of the members of the boat club have let me run there before. I have my insureance through the AMA with my airplanes. I don't run there very often, only when friends will be there.
-Andrew
Old 05-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Tropheus30

Oh no, don't take it the wrong way. No one would ever deny you the right to run....Not a member, non member, play boater....nothing like that. They couldn't, the lake doesn't belong to anyone. (Parks and Recreation maybe) It just helps to have that card, that's all. They have this little corporate industrial park security guard that takes his job REALLY SERIOUSLY. Just nice, to flash the card every once in a while when he comes poking around.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:00 PM
nothinbetr2do

guys, you can "run what you brung" at my pond. i would love to have you. i just got 2 boats ready, a nitro and a gasser. i will be going sunday, if you guys want to come. the pond is ok. pm me and i will hook you up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.