krokodyl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Throttle arm question.

Hello, I have a redcat caldera (nitro of course), and was wondering if the throttle arm is something partially universal, that fits more than one car? If so, is there any nice heavy duty ones? The stock one is absolutely horrible IMO. The little screws holding everything together are so untrustworthy, made out of soft metal since they are partially stripped, and don't seem like something I would trust my throttle on. On top of that, the pushrod is bent, no idea why, but as far as I know, it takes quite a bit of force to bend a quality pushrod, especially like mine is, in a ark. To me, with that setup buying a nice servo is pointless.

I have some pushrod material from my planes, as well as clevises and fast-links. I will try to tinker around, and see if I can make my own (doubtful). I also have servo arms for JR hitec, futaba, spektrum etc, so maybe they would fit the stock servo. The main complication is to avoid engaging the brake when you throttle up...

Thanks for any help, I'll try to get a picture tonight.

Hubert

EDIT: by thottle arm, I mean the whole pushrod assemble thing, AKA the stuff that is inbetwwen the carb and the servo.

Last edited by krokodyl; 12-15-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:25 PM
Big Alice

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you mean the throttle linkage, It's pretty universal. To me the throttle arm is on the carb.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:45 PM
krokodyl

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah, that is what I meant. I just ordered a new one along with some parts, no Idea if it will fit or not, looked to be Okay. Thanks for the info.

Hubert
Old 12-18-2016, 05:15 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by krokodyl View Post
Yeah, that is what I meant. I just ordered a new one along with some parts, no Idea if it will fit or not, looked to be Okay. Thanks for the info.

Hubert
Most if not all slide carb's in a given crankcase size will have the same size slide valve - so a throttle arm from one .21 for example, should fit another .21 of a different brand. It's too bad I didn't catch this sooner - I have a few throttle arms in my spares box.