jman214

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Sh.28 engine

I need a good replacement carb for my engine. What will be a better one to replace it with besides the stock one? Will any size one fit or it has to be a certain one?I just want another carb that tunes better.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:27 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by jman214 View Post
I need a good replacement carb for my engine. What will be a better one to replace it with besides the stock one? Will any size one fit or it has to be a certain one?I just want another carb that tunes better.
Find a used Novarossi .28 or Picco P3 carb. They're an alloy/composite design that doesn't heat soak as bad and tune quite nicely. If you can find one with removable inserts, use an 8mm or 9mm insert. SH carb's mostly work fine, but if the engine is tuned lean and the carb heats up, it will cause the engine to lean out further because the fuel will boil in the carb. Running a good quality fuel and cooler glow plugs usually give better results and better performance when the needle is set a bit richer. However there is only so much that can be done to a cheap Taiwanese engine though. If you want to broaden your horizons, sell the SH engine and get a Novarossi Legend .28. Novarossidirect.com
Old 01-20-2017, 02:11 AM
Nitrovein

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not all engines have the same size on the neck of the carb. Measure it first, is my recommendation.