Notices
RC Car Engines Talk about rc car nitro engines and gas engines

Clutch issues, HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:40 AM
Xenon Paradox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Clutch issues, HELP!!

Hello friends, i currently am having an issue with my Kyosho Inferno ST RR's Clutch. at a race last weekend my shoes finally decided they had enough, so i just changed them this morning! as i pulled the old shoes off i noticed the fly wheel nut had backed out abit. so i re- tightened it and installed the new shoes. upon re installing the engine into the car everything seemed okay BUT, when i went to spin my wheels and see if the gearing lined up, i noticed that neither the clutch bell or the drive wheel moved. i proceeded to start the car. and at idle the wheels kept spinning (off the ground) as soon as the wheels hit the ground the engine died... it also dies when i apply the brakes. and when the car is off, it doesnt roll, the wheels stay locked! PLEASE HELP!
(it seems that Neutral doesnt exist anymore)
thanks!

Dan
Old 07-29-2016, 10:42 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Your clutch spring isn't installed correctly or broken most likely. Remove the clutchbell and check to ensure the shoes are installed correctly and the spring(s) is/are attached correctly. Reinstall the clutchbell and give it a spin. It should spin freely. If it doesn't, then there is still an issue with the clutch. Also, when you tightened the flywheel but - did you ensure the collet was installed fight against the front bearing and the crankshaft was pulled forward (towards the front of the engine)?
Old 07-29-2016, 11:49 AM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by Xenon Paradox
Hello friends, i currently am having an issue with my Kyosho Inferno ST RR's Clutch. at a race last weekend my shoes finally decided they had enough, so i just changed them this morning! as i pulled the old shoes off i noticed the fly wheel nut had backed out abit. so i re- tightened it and installed the new shoes. upon re installing the engine into the car everything seemed okay BUT, when i went to spin my wheels and see if the gearing lined up, i noticed that neither the clutch bell or the drive wheel moved. i proceeded to start the car. and at idle the wheels kept spinning (off the ground) as soon as the wheels hit the ground the engine died... it also dies when i apply the brakes. and when the car is off, it doesnt roll, the wheels stay locked! PLEASE HELP!
(it seems that Neutral doesnt exist anymore)
thanks!

Dan
You've probably tighten the nut up against the clutch bell bearing ,you may need to buy a clutch bell bearing thrust washer kit
which is only acouple bucks.

Those are shims so the clutch nut doesn't tighten up on the bearing!...
Old 07-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Xenon Paradox

i checked it out and it turns out that the rear bearing closest to the shoes wasnt shimmed correctly. 7.99$ fix =)
thanks for the tips!
Old 08-24-2018, 11:13 AM
Rcjunky81

Check if your springs are good