RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-engines-272/)
-   -   Clutch issues, HELP!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-engines-272/11631415-clutch-issues-help.html)

Xenon Paradox 07-29-2016 09:40 AM

Clutch issues, HELP!!

Hello friends, i currently am having an issue with my Kyosho Inferno ST RR's Clutch. at a race last weekend my shoes finally decided they had enough, so i just changed them this morning! as i pulled the old shoes off i noticed the fly wheel nut had backed out abit. so i re- tightened it and installed the new shoes. upon re installing the engine into the car everything seemed okay BUT, when i went to spin my wheels and see if the gearing lined up, i noticed that neither the clutch bell or the drive wheel moved. i proceeded to start the car. and at idle the wheels kept spinning (off the ground) as soon as the wheels hit the ground the engine died... it also dies when i apply the brakes. and when the car is off, it doesnt roll, the wheels stay locked! PLEASE HELP!
(it seems that Neutral doesnt exist anymore)
thanks!

Dan

1QwkSport2.5r 07-29-2016 10:42 AM

Your clutch spring isn't installed correctly or broken most likely. Remove the clutchbell and check to ensure the shoes are installed correctly and the spring(s) is/are attached correctly. Reinstall the clutchbell and give it a spin. It should spin freely. If it doesn't, then there is still an issue with the clutch. Also, when you tightened the flywheel but - did you ensure the collet was installed fight against the front bearing and the crankshaft was pulled forward (towards the front of the engine)?

cbaker65 07-29-2016 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Xenon Paradox (Post 12240455)
Hello friends, i currently am having an issue with my Kyosho Inferno ST RR's Clutch. at a race last weekend my shoes finally decided they had enough, so i just changed them this morning! as i pulled the old shoes off i noticed the fly wheel nut had backed out abit. so i re- tightened it and installed the new shoes. upon re installing the engine into the car everything seemed okay BUT, when i went to spin my wheels and see if the gearing lined up, i noticed that neither the clutch bell or the drive wheel moved. i proceeded to start the car. and at idle the wheels kept spinning (off the ground) as soon as the wheels hit the ground the engine died... it also dies when i apply the brakes. and when the car is off, it doesnt roll, the wheels stay locked! PLEASE HELP!
(it seems that Neutral doesnt exist anymore)
thanks!

Dan

You've probably tighten the nut up against the clutch bell bearing ,you may need to buy a clutch bell bearing thrust washer kit
which is only acouple bucks.

Those are shims so the clutch nut doesn't tighten up on the bearing!...:cool:

Xenon Paradox 07-29-2016 12:39 PM

i checked it out and it turns out that the rear bearing closest to the shoes wasnt shimmed correctly. 7.99$ fix =)
thanks for the tips!

Rcjunky81 08-24-2018 11:13 AM

Check if your springs are good