Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Novak quality?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:30 PM
ludeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novak quality?!?!?!?!

Hi, My buddy and I both bought the Novak Havoc Pro with the 4.5 motor.

I have a Hyper 10sc and he has the Jammin SCRT10., kinda similar setups.

On the very first run my buddys motor rotor shatterd. After a week of running mine at the track my ESC just quit working. I have also seen a guy at the track that lost his Novak Pro ESC as well. What the heck is going on with Novak stuff. Novak will replace dammaged items after I mail it back to them and they take a look but what a hassle.
Have any of you experienced premature Novak failures?
Old 09-21-2010, 11:36 PM
nitroade

Default RE: Novak quality?!?!?!?!

My Novak HV ESC died during programming, never even got the system running. I didn't even bother to send it back to Novak.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A few year back I had a number of Novak brushless ESC's die for no good reason. After 10 or so failures within a couple of years I stopped using them and switched over to CC and the good old VXL ESC. I'm not going to knock Novak as I haven't heard many complaints over the last couple of years but my experiences with them is enough to keep me from going back.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM
stampedevxl

Yeah, i personally have never owned novak, but at the track, all the guys have their products frying, and not o mention a lot of guys on the forums say the same, plus, even their product reviews. Kind of off-subject, but which of those 4x4 SC's do you like more?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I have had problems with 2 Novak HV-Maxx brushless systems.... Novak is a pioneer, but their quality and/or designs are severely lacking right now.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:43 AM
ludeman

ORIGINAL: stampedevxl

Yeah, i personally have never owned novak, but at the track, all the guys have their products frying, and not o mention a lot of guys on the forums say the same, plus, even their product reviews. Kind of off-subject, but which of those 4x4 SC's do you like more?
Hyper 10sc[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-23-2010, 04:57 PM
OvalRacer99

I have run Novak products for 20 plus years without any problems. I did have one go up in smoke but that was my fault.
With that said, though I have never owned one, but I have read and herd of several problems with the Havoc line of esc's.
I currently use a GTB, several XBR Sport esc's and just ordered the new Kinetis 1s for my carpet oval car.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:57 PM
stampedevxl

i was hoping you woujld say the jammin, i had my mind set on that one....[]
Old 09-23-2010, 10:21 PM
ludeman

ORIGINAL: stampedevxl

i was hoping you woujld say the jammin, i had my mind set on that one....[]

Dont get me wrong, the Jammin is sweet as well! I just prefer the Hyper, to me it handles better out the box where the Jammin needs a bit of tweaking to make it perform and the stock tires that come with it suck!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

I just got a Havoc 3S BL system with an 8.5 motor. Bought it for the TC6 I'm getting. Has anyone had trouble with those? I've run Novak for 20 years and never had a problem, unless exposed to water(duh), with any of my ESC's. I've got some that I've gotten in parts lots that are probably 25+ years old that work!!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:54 PM
OvalRacer99

ORIGINAL: Barber420

I just got a Havoc 3S BL system with an 8.5 motor. Bought it for the TC6 I'm getting. Has anyone had trouble with those? I've run Novak for 20 years and never had a problem, unless exposed to water(duh), with any of my ESC's. I've got some that I've gotten in parts lots that are probably 25+ years old that work!!

All the problems I have herd about have been with the Havoc line of esc's. Lets just hope you don't have any problems.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:33 AM
kent_man

That's just great, I just ordered the Novak Havoc 3S/Ballistic 17.5T Brushless System for my SC10. I hope I don't have any problems.

I think that it doesn't really matter the brand you buy. It seems one minute everyone is dogging one brand and everyone and their brother had problems with that brand, the next minute it's a different brand. There is currently another post talking of all the problems with castle creations (the flux esc fried post). So to me it seems that it doesn't matter what major brand you get with this type of product there's a chance of failure.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:56 AM
MMGT

Man, you guys have freaked me out, I just bought a Novak HV Pro 7.5t Maxx Combo for my Mini MGT E-conversion and now I'm scared that my ESC is gonna give me trouble, the thing is, if my conversion doesnt go well: eg. the ESC fails, I'm probably gonna have to quit the hobby 'cause my dad says that I've spent way too much money on these things and it always ends up with " Let me get this part and it will be all good" and then I buy that and that thing fails and so I say it again, which is kinda true cause I've payed about $1000 AUD so far and I only have one car which I'm converting to electric.[X(]
Old 09-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Justin B
My Feedback: (8)

I've seen, heard and read about problems with all systems from the cheap ones to the high dollar stuff. I have 2 Havocs that developed glitching and after watching a friends go up in flames after still running his, I decided to switch to a different brand. I've seen 2 Tekin esc's go up in flames, Vxl's that went poof and some Chinese esc that let out a cool purple colored smoke. They all suck when they have problems and you never really know if the one you're getting will be a good one or a bad one till it's too late.