Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

An open letter to Traxxas

Old 10-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: An open letter to Traxxas

Hooray! The nasty word "Hellfire" has been removed from their language filter. That is a small step for men, but a big leap for mankind!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:47 PM
crunchNmunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It makes no sense whatsoever for a manufacturer to support a discussion forum both financially and from a strategic standpoint in which other manufacturer's products are allowed to be pimped. That would be bad business. Nobody else does it, and what makes Traxxas any different?
I've never owned a Traxxas product and likely never will, but I totally understand their point.

ORIGINAL: dubd

Sounds like Traxxas doesn't get this "Internet" think. I suggest their management read "The Cluetrain Manefesto". It talks about the draconian policies of companies and the web... back in 1999. www.cluetrain.com
Literally nothing that was said in the early days of the Worldwide Web is relevant today, nor much of what's proposed in your little Manifesto.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:31 PM
moe7404

yep i stoped going to 4 other forums cause of kids. if kids cause trouble here ill quit this one to. in my old age stupid stuff bothers me more. i have nothing against the people that run this site, i think they do a good job. and i understand that rules are needed, iam good with that.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:25 PM
mufflerbearing

Hmmm.... currently their site is down and I get this message when I go to their fourms:
vBulletin Message

Thank you for participating in our forum and note that we are in the process of upgrading our environment. Some threads will not carry over to the new forum once updates are complete. Be sure to check out our new site and forum environment soon. Traxxas Support

Wonder what they are changing?
Old 10-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Freezetron

Sure as hell won't be the quality of their products
Old 10-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Freezetron

Pfffft, wow. Nothing has changed in the last three years since I visited and was banned from the forum. I got a nice perma ban as a result of general posting in the Slash 4x4 about concerns of the Slash's equipment for cleaning off with water and the leaky diffs that I was still nervous about ever since my Revo 3.3 and asked the mods to refrain from silencing peeps opinions on the matter before I wanted to commit spending money on buying a Slash 4x4 Ultimate

Now I don't know if I really want to give them my money at all for a Slash 4x4. Good company rep points mods!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 AM
RobbieP
Banned

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

Pfffft, wow. Nothing has changed in the last three years since I visited and was banned from the forum. I got a nice perma ban as a result of general posting in the Slash 4x4 about concerns of the Slash's equipment for cleaning off with water and the leaky diffs that I was still nervous about ever since my Revo 3.3 and asked the mods to refrain from silencing peeps opinions on the matter before I wanted to commit spending money on buying a Slash 4x4 Ultimate

Now I don't know if I really want to give them my money at all for a Slash 4x4. Good company rep points mods!
Why on earth would you think any RC should be cleaned with water?
Old 10-30-2010, 01:01 PM
moe7404

traxxas=big brother