Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

NEW! Traxxas Rally VXL

Old 09-30-2010, 11:03 AM
fathead431
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW! Traxxas Rally VXL

posted in the mini's section, but here it is again!
http://traxxas.com/products/electric..._rally7307.htm
Old 09-30-2010, 12:06 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: NEW! Traxxas Rally VXL

Looks nice, seems like a fun casual on road to terrorize the neighborhood with.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:51 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$300 according to tower.
Kinda high IMO
Old 09-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Redvanmafia

Haha, traxxas is great, nice rally i wont buy it, but it looks pretty cool
Old 09-30-2010, 12:55 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should have done that to my Slash VXL.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:06 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

Reminds me of Ken Blocks newest video..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLIgcoc4EXo&feature=related[/youtube]
Old 09-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Redvanmafia

Does that thing ever rip,
Old 09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
stampedevxl

cool, but not functional or exciting... Would've liked to see a MT version
Old 09-30-2010, 04:06 PM
fathead431

the mini revo is the MT version, but i would like to see a 1/16th maxx with dual brushed motors just like the 1/10, or a big 1/5 electric car, like a giant e-maxx.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:16 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i really like the aggressive looking body.

but, i it looks like they used a micro serov[:'(]

and, those tires dont look good for rally driving at all[:'(][:'(]
they should have fitted some block style rally tires, would have looked much better.

i agree that $300 is a lot for a 1/16 car. but then, its RTR with batt-brushless and 2.4ghz. so that takes care of alot of the upgrading that gets done to most mini sized RC's
Old 09-30-2010, 04:22 PM
ThEoNeS911

I don't know what it is, but it doesn't look like it's gonna perform well, or have much use outside of bashing.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:57 PM
PeterTRAXXAS

The tires are the best possible for paved rally runningthey're officially licensed versions of BFGoodrich's rally tire!

Rally racing is done on pavement, not just dirt roads. Our Rally is set up as a pavement car. It's also for Gymkhana (see Ken Block video above), which is always on pavement.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:59 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm guessing this is just the beginning of what we're going to see out of traxxas. If the last couple of years have been any indication I think we're gonna see at least one more car between now and IHobby. I'm been saying it was gonna be an 1/8 scale buggy but looking at this I wouldn't be surprised if we see an 1/10 scale rally car. Maybe even carrying the 4TEC name. Either way I'm sticking with it being on the Slash 4x4 chassis.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:04 PM
fathead431

not only does a slash 4x4 based rally car sound fuding awesome, but also very reasonable. i think youre on with a winner there. wouldnt be surprised to see something like that in the next few weeks.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 PM
mufflerbearing

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

$300 according to tower.
Kinda high IMO
Yeah, but considering it come out of the box wiht 2.4Ghz and brushless, it's not bad.

It's cool, but not for me. Looks like it could be a lot of fun drifting around though.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:48 PM
stampedevxl

There is going to be a small crowd of people that this product will apply to. Mainly new-comers... I have to say that I am dissapointed, if there was a new feature that made people say wow, it wold be a lot more succesfull, but I think this will most likely end up as the "bandit in this line of mini's.I am usually extatic when a new product comes out, even if it's not the right car for me, I will be day-dreaming about it all day, and then over the next 2-3 days, I will realize that it's not a good car once you really look into it, I have not had this feeling for the first second i saw this on your product page. I have come to expect more from traxxas.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: mufflerbearing

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

$300 according to tower.
Kinda high IMO
Yeah, but considering it come out of the box wiht 2.4Ghz and brushless, it's not bad.

It's cool, but not for me. Looks like it could be a lot of fun drifting around though.
true they do tack on alot for their 2.4ghz radio, and ESC.
Wish they would sell it as a roller though... Oh no I joined that crowd [:@]

This looks bigger than 1/16th though with the way those batteries sit. Its probably how the revo was closer to 1/8th when they classified it as 1/10th.
I kind of want a rally car but I'll probably give this a pass unless I find a roller cheap
Old 09-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

We're all very excited here to have this new model hit the streets. Its driving experience is quite different than the typical drift scene is familiar with. It's something both veterans and newcomers alike can appreciate. Gymkhana is super hot right now and since nobody has brought a vehicle quite like this to the public yet, Traxxas will be the one to break that ground. Just another way to expand the hobby to the mainstream and make it grow. It's what we do! Pricing will be similar to the other Traxxas 1/16 VXL models.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:16 PM
jatoracing33

Eh...I really don't have a strong opinion on it. It's not making me jump up and down screaming "I want one." I kind of like the push rod suspension, but I don't know. Just not that spectacular.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:19 PM
redfisher1974

Whats new? it looks like a slash or revo 1/16 with street tires.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:27 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Whats new? it looks like a slash or revo 1/16 with street tires.
hmm you gave me an idea
Get revo 1/16th roller for $120ish off ebay
than get new arms, front bumper and body mounts for probably under $30 and have the rally car roller for under $150
Old 09-30-2010, 06:39 PM
redfisher1974

They should offer a kit for people to convert all those turd 1/16 slash's....
Old 09-30-2010, 06:48 PM
stampedevxl

Don't get me wrong, I love Traxxas, but this product is not your best. As you can see, others agree with me
Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

They should offer a kit for people to convert all those turd 1/16 slash's....
you know looked at the slash all you need to do is get a front bumper, tires, and body mount. Its looks even easier, and cheaper than converting the revo(revo rollers are more common, I can find hardly anything on the 1/16th slash on ebay) the arms look identical (judging from pics) to the slash's too
Old 09-30-2010, 07:40 PM
FahrtAutoRC

As a guy obsessed with drifting, andoff-the-beaten-path racing in general,Im very suprised that Ive never heard of this Gymkhana driving. That was INCREDIBLE. Thx Dirty for bein the first to show me this whole "new" world.

As for the RC, Im not thrilled but Im not entirely appalled. Drifting RC;s was mentioned, and after the research Ive done Im not impressed with those at all. Great concept, but everyone seems to be talking about using ABS and PVC for tires, PLASTIC? That kinda eliminates the purpose. If this car is meant to be good for drift AND rally i dont think it will be a strong performer in either just because they are completely different situations. Unless the car is meant to put so much power to the ground to keep rubber tires broken free on pavement in rear wheel drive then switch over to 4WD for rally and grip as well as slide, I dont feel it would be a champion. I mention drive trains because in the world of drift, 4WD cars are powersliders, not drifters. In the world of Rally, rear wheel drive is pitiful and makes as much sense as running a front wheel drive CORR truck. And while rally driving IS done partially on tarmac it is also done partially in the dirt, sand, snow, etc. A vehicle that does well here will NEVER do well on pavement alone. Part of the rally driving experience is the transition from the smooth pavement to the rough off-road, where sometimes the only "road" is little more than a woodland trail. Point being, if youre gonna make a car and call it rally, great. Make it the best at doing just that. If youre going to make a car for Drift, good, make one with enough balls to break rubber from pavement without making the compound plastic-hard. Same things could be said for this Gymkhana.

This being said, the car looks like it would be good for burning up your local culdesac or ripping thru some rougher parking lots. It might also be good to slap some ABS on and, ugh, "drift". It could also be useful for noobs of all species to cut their teeth on the pavement ina mini that might be a little more forgiving than a purpose built anything.

This said, as I see Traxxas has been frequenting this thread, I must say GREAT work on the VXL Slash 4X4 (1/10). Ive never imagined I would grab up a RTR RC and set it right on the track and not only be competitive in bone stock form but also display the kind of durability that an old school German like me demands. Kudos

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.