Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Brushed ESC question help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 10:10 PM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushed ESC question help!

Hi, I dont usually post over here in the car forums but I have a question about brushed ESC's. We are buiding a robot for a school project and I am in need of some speed controls to run it. We are using power wheels gearboxes and motors so the motors we are running are brushed and there for I need a brushed ESC. the battery that we are going to use on our robot to power every thing is a regualr 12 volt wheelchair type battery. So I am looking for a brushed esc that can handle a 12 volt input. I dont think those power wheels motors draw a lot of amperage, someone told me 1.6 amps at 12 volts, so the amp rating doesent half to be too high. I need a forward and reverse on it and I am not sure about a break but I would assume I need it as well.

If anyone has any recomendations for some relatively inexpensive speed controls, I will probably half to pay for them out of pocket, I would appreciate any input. I have been looking on hobby king but im not sure if the ones I have found will run on 12 volts.

David
Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 AM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushed ESC question help!

Well, I decided to go with some esc from robot market place that can handle 12v and are reversable so I think they will work out just fine.