Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Building an rc bus

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 AM
tom330122

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building an rc bus

Hi everyone, over the next two months I intend to design build and finish a remote control bus.
this is the rough design that I have found www.quality3dmodels.net/viewmodel.php?id=133
the scale will be 1/10 in theory however because I am new to rcmodellingI will use electronics out of another rc car.
i am not having windows therefore I do not need to worry about the interior
my main concern is the chassis for the busbecauseI wont be able to find anything with the same sort of size (ie length and width) as a bus so I will have to make that from scratch. not sure how yet,anyway. I thought I would create this thread to help get ideas and log my progress.

I wouldappreciateany help given

Tom
Old 10-12-2010, 11:58 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Building an rc bus

for a bus that style, i would take a basic 1/10 on-road car and stretch the chassis to the needed length. then just find wheels that look the right scale that have 12mm hex, and lastly fab up some tall body mounts
Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM
13BT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building an rc bus

but if you want to do a good job, ask the guys who made this video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJBFhayo8as&playnext=0&videos=_wiYuu07VCQ&feature=mfu_in_order[/youtube]