Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

need help on buying a nitro rc car

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 06:36 AM
zerofate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on buying a nitro rc car

hi guys wanted to buy a rc gas for my son wanna surprise him for his birthday. can any give some help max is 450 i go for him. it his first gas power one i know he like to race and jump home made ramps and other stuff.any adivce will be great before i buy something he doesnt like.

1.traxxas nitro4tec3.3 is the 2.4 radio the best to get?
2. truck or truggy

Old 10-23-2010, 06:49 AM
kenazzo2000

Default RE: need help on buying a nitro rc car

i would get a truggy 4x4 dont buy 2wd or something on road
Old 10-23-2010, 06:57 AM
rc person 577

For around the house I would agree with ^^. Either a truggy or a MT would be great. It might be hard to find a worthy truggy for $450.

I would say get a Savage X 4.6 RTR.  
Old 10-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Bolink funnycar 69r

Hi, i have just started this hobby up. So I do not know much at all. I purchased a 1.10 pacesetter nitro car, So i am still learning to drive it. As I am hook already. I also purchased a Bo-Link 13 inch Funny Car. So I was wondering if anyone could advise me, on what engine to get! + box. Radio controller,servo's etc My goal is to reach a speed of 90-100 MPH As this is the record over here in Aus. and been there since 2008. This record was done with a funny car aswell Please help cheers Bolink Funnycar 69R

Old 10-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Xmoto16

why do you even want nitro?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:38 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rc person 577

For around the house I would agree with ^^. Either a truggy or a MT would be great. It might be hard to find a worthy truggy for $450.

I would say get a Savage X 4.6 RTR.
Agree on savage X tough ass truck, and if a part breaks they are VERY plentiful.

Only nitro truggy I know of that is under $450 would be the 1/12th scale Jammin .5crt(RTR's are $150ish new) only issue with those is parts availability is not the best seeing they weren't extremely popular. Good truggy but PITA for parts, and all hop-ups are like $70 a piece from ofna seeing no one made aftermarkets due to its lack of popularity
Old 10-23-2010, 05:28 PM
zerofate

what wrong with the cars?
Old 10-23-2010, 06:45 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: zerofate

what wrong with the cars?
Well onroad cars are not made for jumping so if he likes to jump em they will break VERY quick due to how they are designed
They also need a flat surface to be run on (main reason I don't own one personally).

Jumping would be for off-road vehicles.

For jumping Savage X is a beast and is currently $400 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXRYP0**&P=ML
If you become a tower member you can get free shipping, and then use a code to knock $25-$50 off(forgot which) the price. AND you can get an additional $25 off if you get it before october 31st from HPI via a mail in rebate which will bring it down to $350ish shipped http://www.hpiracing.com/rebate
Parts support is great for the Savage. Actually HPI will warranty most parts that break within a few months of owning it.

If he wants to race maybe a 1/8th buggy
Jammin X1x CR is a good nitro buggy, can take a royal beating, and is raceable. Parts have to be ordered but they usually can be had in a few days
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-4WD-RTR-Buggy (currently on back order again)
Old 10-23-2010, 08:37 PM
zerofate

anything else
Old 10-24-2010, 08:02 AM
zerofate

savage x look nice but i think he want something that can ride on cement and go on grass too. good some information from him last night he would like it to be big.