Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 05:07 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas SUCKS

ORIGINAL: Shabbernigdo

Mabey its not the product but the user that is the problem? ive hadE maxx /T maxx /S maxx / Revo and have never had any major problems with any of them.
People are always quick to blame the product for the problem but are never willing to concider that mabey they are the one a faut. Improper carbneedle setting /slipper settings for the surface there running on etc etc.

If you are gonna say the vehicle sucks show some manfacturing defects or somthing that proves its the RC at fault and not YOUR lack of skills.
+1 on that. Nitro seems much tougher to start out with than something electric. Maybe the OPshould have got something like a stampede or rustler for his first truck. Probably would have had better luck.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:48 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a nitro sport? they still sell those? agreed that those are the worst r/c traxxas has ever spawned, you get what you pay for.

however traxxas is making leaps in quality, except for a couple cars, they are not built to be top performers, but are built to be user friendly and rugged. you really shouldve bought a t-maxx, stampede, rustler or a slash Short course.

bottom line is everyone makes stinkers, you bought the worst

lessen learned? do your homework.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:51 AM
LewAshby
Banned

End users who never follow instructions are not to blame!!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:11 AM
maddmatt02

first traxxas was a rustler, pre xl1, I was harder on this thing than any other RC before or since and only ever broke a castor block 2 or 3 times, and finally stripped an idler when I put way too much power to it... then a .15 pro maxx, had some problems with tuning but I did buy it used, then a 2.5 Tmaxx and it was awesome and ran great with tons of power, then the first EVX E maxx. again it was awesome and very strong, I drove it off cliffs all the time, even though it was landing in sand i was a 10 foot cliff and didnt always land on its wheels... I did have RPM arms and shock towers all around as well as skid plates.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Dr0
My Feedback: (7)

Traxxas is TRASH!!They put the same rigs out with little to no change's minus bodies..HOW MANY 1/16 EREVO MOCKS CAN YOU PUT OUT?The slash the great slash if it was so great why does everyone upgrade to non traxxas parts hmmm?Or better yet convert to a 1/8 buggy?IM NOT A FAN OF ANY ONE COMPANY JUST OWNED MANY,MANY RC'S AND TRAXXAS ARE CRAP IN MY MIND!!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Dr0
My Feedback: (7)

Emaxx STRONG???Really?Must of Got a diiferent model than the other ones...
ORIGINAL: maddmatt02

first traxxas was a rustler, pre xl1, I was harder on this thing than any other RC before or since and only ever broke a castor block 2 or 3 times, and finally stripped an idler when I put way too much power to it... then a .15 pro maxx, had some problems with tuning but I did buy it used, then a 2.5 Tmaxx and it was awesome and ran great with tons of power, then the first EVX E maxx. again it was awesome and very strong, I drove it off cliffs all the time, even though it was landing in sand i was a 10 foot cliff and didnt always land on its wheels... I did have RPM arms and shock towers all around as well as skid plates.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:34 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dr0

Emaxx STRONG???Really?Must of Got a diiferent model than the other ones...[img][/img]
ORIGINAL: maddmatt02

did you read the last line he wrote or just stopped where he wrote it was strong. "I did have RPM arms and shock towers all around as well as skid plates." I'm sure that's what made it strong in his case
Old 12-09-2010, 09:33 AM
carprigger38
My Feedback: (6)

I NEVER EVER had a problem with any thing I bought from Traxxis,1,2,3,gen T-maxxs,nitro Rustler and a few sport boats for the kids.Well I have been doing this since to mid 80s,but some people just dont have the patients that these little nitro motors need. Good luck with your NEXT adventure into nitrodum!!! You'll find that sweet spot keep on keepin on!!!

Tim
Old 12-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Nitro777

I had a traxxas nitro rustler about 4 years ago.  I beat the crap outta that thing, replaced a few parts here and there and beat the crap out of it even harder.  Engine was great...if you knew what you were doing.  I actually got that thing up to full speed and jumped it over my moms silverado.  Amazingly, it was stil in one piece.  I would buy another one right now if I had the money.  That truck was fun.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:34 AM
cswtornado

Rage forum.... Well I do see lots more traxxas hater posts then, say, HPI haters.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:39 AM
carprigger38
My Feedback: (6)

HPI makes some great stuff too,...Savage is a beast,..."FUN" to work on !!! Verry tunable for the masses.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: cswtornado

Rage forum.... Well I do see lots more traxxas hater posts then, say, HPI haters.
traxxas sells more RTR rc's than anyone. so, naturally there are gonna be more haters who either got a dud, or who dont know how to run/maintain a rc.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM
trax de max

can you say you cleaned the car after every run or was it just filled up and ran in all conditions with no care for it.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:36 PM
cooldriver385

My friend had an old Nitro Rustler, same exact thing as the Nitro Sport, just an engine that's way worse than what's in yours. We got that sucker to come to life again after years of no operation, good job Traxxas
Old 12-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Gasboatman

I love traxxas, see my models for proof
If I have a problem, just a phone call
and they take care of it
Old 12-09-2010, 01:29 PM
rc awesome

To everyone,
Would you absolutely love Traxxas after you had a horibble experiance with one of their RCs? Well i don't, and i took care of the RC; cleaned it and all.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:31 PM
rc awesome

To everyone,
Would you absolutely love Traxxas after you had a horibble experiance with one of their RCs? Well i don't, and i took care of the RC; cleaned it and all.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:39 PM
hasek1616

next time just do a little research before you buy a car, heck, you couldve saved yourself quite a bit of trouble if you just wouldve done a background check on the car. if you still have the car and you havent beat the crap out of it you could call up traxxas and if it wasnt your fault the car is broken they could probably replace it for free. A case like this is definitely not unique to traxxas vehicles, you wouldve been on here saying the same thing if you bought an hpi brama 10b or losi strike.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:53 PM
trax de max

how olds the r/c and your just complaining now because of wear and tear
Old 12-09-2010, 01:54 PM
trax de max

how olds the r/c and your just complaining now because of wear and tear
Old 12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
hitechrisb
My Feedback: (3)

Wait a minute RC AWESOME....You are basing the opinions of a company on a vehicle designed 15 years ago with an engine that is very very antiquated. I guess BMW sucks because they make the Smart car huh? Yes, like most companies they have a base model for price conscious people (read also as cheap *******s like you) to get into the hobby without spending a fortune. BUT, they also have some of the best vehicles for die hard bashers and weekend backyard racers. Would I take a Traxxas to the track? Nope, that would be where i take my tried and true Kanai Edition buggy but I also have a T-Maxx and Slayer Pro which are a ton of fun and strong as hell. I have sold Traxxas for years and they have the best customer service and hold up just as well, if not better, than the competition.

BTW, just because you "broke it in" for 6 tanks instead of 4 does not mean it was done properly.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Kalani938

I've had a Slash 4x4 now for about 8 months and LOVE it!!  I've got the new CC SCT motor/esc, lipo, pro-line powerstroke shock set and some pro-line caliber tires and it freakin hauls!  Traxxas rules!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 03:00 PM
traxxas slash
My Feedback: (8)

traxxas is not that bad. yes they are not durable what so ever. yes they break down fast. but have u tries traxxas support. they are very nice people.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Dangerous_Toys
My Feedback: (37)

Here is some pics of my T-Maxx. I myself have never had a problem with Traxxas.......

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93159.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1532297  
Old 12-09-2010, 03:14 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dangerous_Toys

Here is some pics of my T-Maxx. I myself have never had a problem with Traxxas.......[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

can it even move with all that aluminum on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.