Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas SUCKS

That is the most blinged out Maxx I have ever seen!

Traxxas products are good products. They are a great innovative company that does a ton for the hobby. Our 3906 E-maxx is still one of my favorites. People just get frustrated when the fruits of this hobby aren't just provided to them and they have to work for a little gratification. I used to get super frustrated with my first nitro truck (Traxxas Sportmaxx)! It happened to all of us, but if you stay at it, and learn as you go, it becomes a very rewarding hobby.

I guess kits do help weed out hobbyists from non-hobbyists. Before you had to spend a night or two building a kit before you could even run it so at least you appreciated how complex these really are. Now folks just slip AA batteries in, put some fuel in, hit a small snag and then go rant on the forums how crappy the product is.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:03 PM
ZeroKelvin
Banned

Traxxas is alright. I've owned them since their first nitros back in early 90's (had a nitro hawk, nitro buggy). Currently have a nitro stampede and slash. I've owned a jato and my brother has 2 nitro sports. We beat the heck out of these trucks and they hold up just fine.Sure you break something occasionally but it happens. Overall I'd say they make a decent product.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Dr0
My Feedback: (7)

THAT PAINT SCHEME IS VERY GREEN(WINK WINK)
ORIGINAL: Dangerous_Toys

Here is some pics of my T-Maxx. I myself have never had a problem with Traxxas.......

Old 12-09-2010, 05:40 PM
ELK

i like the tmaxx, the only thing with mine i am the 4th owner so mine is beaten up, i bought a traxxxas rustler about 3 years ago only broke once but electronic wise it sucks but other than that theyr decent. not the worst not the best.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:47 PM
keithbradley
My Feedback: (38)

ORIGINAL: moe7404

traxxas is like microsoft and intel. they make such junk it keeps LOTS of tech guys working. just remember a new jato is $360. not $600. sometimes you get what you pay for. dont get me wrong i have a t-maxx, 16 mo old, and a jato 12 mo old, and a jato 6 days old my sons. but if i was to go racing, or jump 6 ft jumps i would NOT have a traxxas. also traxxas thinks they can tell you to not do drugs, alcohol, tobacco, just check there forum rules. note i said they are TELLING you. thank you i just turned 62 and i already have a momy
Hey-
Dont do drugs, alcohol, or tobacco. Your 62...you should be doing benefiber and centrum silver.

To the OP, who asked someone to name a lousy RC from another company...In my experience, almost every 1/10 scale nitro RC I've had has been of poor quality. The losi speed t is probably my LEASTfavorite out there. Ive had 2 and they last me about 5 minutes before breaking. I've had a few Losi 8ight-T's and have had amost zero problems with them, and Im pretty tough to beat at teh track.

The reality is its not really the company, its the price range you are in. To produce an internal combustion engine driven vehicle for a couple hundred dollars is crazy. I would expect just about every corner that could be cut to be cut.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:58 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats why i buy used, you might have to fix something off the bat, but atleast you get a better model.

favorite 1/10 truck HPI RS4 MT, romped on it, ran int a manhole cover and put no money in parts in it, sold it for a helie (stupid)
favorite 1/10 car, OFNA CD3 Pro, TOP of the line tech and gear, awsome car, sold it (very stupid)

1/8 are very tough models, much more so than most all 1/10
Old 12-09-2010, 06:06 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I am stupid, but me and the 2.5's never got along tuning wise. I do understand though that the sport has the .15 and not the 2.5 though. It has been goofy for me though, I get along well with big blocks of most varieties but me and the 2.5's don't get along. I think maybe it is me. As far a 1/10 starter trucks go hpi rush was a great little truck to learn on, they had a fixed low spd needle setting. They were also very durable. I won't flame traxxas though, as they are inovaters in the hobby and have made it great. I still believe my revo is an incredible design.

they all can break and they can all give you fits. Walk away and come back later to revaluate the situation you might be surprised.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: hitechrisb

Wait a minute RC AWESOME....You are basing the opinions of a company on a vehicle designed 15 years ago with an engine that is very very antiquated. I guess BMW sucks because they make the Smart car huh? Yes, like most companies they have a base model for price conscious people (read also as cheap *******s like you) to get into the hobby without spending a fortune. BUT, they also have some of the best vehicles for die hard bashers and weekend backyard racers. Would I take a Traxxas to the track? Nope, that would be where i take my tried and true Kanai Edition buggy but I also have a T-Maxx and Slayer Pro which are a ton of fun and strong as hell. I have sold Traxxas for years and they have the best customer service and hold up just as well, if not better, than the competition.

BTW, just because you "broke it in" for 6 tanks instead of 4 does not mean it was done properly.
OK i get i was mad when i wrote this. I sould have said Nitro sports suck. Ok, i also don't go out and spend a ton of money on something that i don't know that i'll like.i don't have a ton of money to spent on things. Thats like going out andbuying a 20,000 dollar harley davidson, and not knowing if you like riding motor cyclesat all.calling me a "cheap *******" is inmature and ingorant . Calm down and post somewhere else.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:44 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: trax de max

how olds the r/c and your just complaining now because of wear and tear
2 months old.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:59 PM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

Buy used, upgrade, save money, have fun my .02
Old 12-09-2010, 07:03 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: revo_sbs

You are right on that one!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:17 PM
rcslsafut

i had a ford truck once that was the biggest piece i have ever owned ....... that meen i am never going to buy a ford again ?????
i dont think so , sometimes poeple need to realize when a company mass produces ANY THING a lemon is bound to arise !!
there are a lot of poeple in this hobby that dont like one brand or another , if you dont like traxxas DONT BUY TRAXXAS !!
it's that easy, there are a lot of poeple that dont like ford , they buy another brand ! there is no difference !
maybe you would have better luck with a hpi or associated or maybe losi ????
i have all the brands mentioned and i have not had issues with ANY OF THEM !!!
i have to agree with sheo, though there are good and bad with all brands !!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:20 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I think it is wrong to base one's opinion on only one experience. I also think people have to keep in mind - Traxxas sells LOTS of RTR cars/trucks - WHY? Because they have a crazy marketing campaign. If they truly were junk, nobody would buy them. Yes, there are many cons to some Traxxas models but there are many pros also. My first nitro (first RC period) was a nitro sport with the old "sport .15" which was a pro .15 with a silver head and single needle carb. I bought it 14 years ago, within 2 weeks had a pro .15 in it and ran that same pro .15 for 10 years or so.. (maybe 9, cant recall). I put a lot of parts into it (broke a lot of things jumping stuff and hitting curbs...) but it was a fun car. After 2 other engines, a chassis conversion to a Rustler chassis and more abuse, it was a fun fast car. Some dink stole it from me, but I did like the car. I had good luck with it and had fun with it. I missed it so much I bought a N.Rusty and 2.5 Jato for $40 as rollers with 5 junk 2.5's and put a pair of used 3.3's in 'em. The Rusty runs and drives, the jato needs a few parts but is pretty much RTR minus tires. <shrug> I'm not gonna bash anyone, but obviously some people that I've seen posting with TRX problems aren't the most experienced people in the world. NOTE: there is nothing wrong with this. LEARN. The only way to ever know what you are doing is to learn from your mistakes. I made mistakes with my nitro sport and learned from it. You can't expect Cadillac quality from China - if you do you will be very unhappy.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:45 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

ORIGINAL: revo_sbs

You are right on that one!
all but two of my hobby grade cars have been used and often discontinued, i have had great luck and saved tons of money this way.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:12 PM
sputnikwood

I wonder if this is the same person I saw over at traxxas's forum:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...rt-breaks-alot

"Nitro sport breaks alot

Well what is there to stay first my slipper cluch broke, the my ez start stoped working. This thing had never run right, even the manager at the hobbie shop didn't know why it didn't work. I was hoping that i would be able to have fun with this thing, but all it has brought me is anger and frustration. The truck is going in the trash."
Old 12-09-2010, 11:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sputnikwood

I wonder if this is the same person I saw over at traxxas's forum:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...rt-breaks-alot

''Nitro sport breaks alot

Well what is there to stay first my slipper cluch broke, the my ez start stoped working. This thing had never run right, even the manager at the hobbie shop didn't know why it didn't work. I was hoping that i would be able to have fun with this thing, but all it has brought me is anger and frustration. The truck is going in the trash.''
lol manager at a hobby shop
1st hobby shop I ever went to took my RC I got. The manager couldn't tell me anything in all truth(he might have been the owner). He was 100% dumbfounded (it was a HPI, and they had a large banner we sell HPI)
Turns out he never cared at all for on-road, and only stocked 2 on-road RC's and didn't support them. Now airplanes he has a ton of, and knows alot about those.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:16 AM
lez1troubles

TRASH-ASS SUCKS.lol.
Even if you spend a ton of money on any trash-ass you'll still be tons behind a real company like KYOSHO or TAMIYA who both do nitro 1/10 and 1/8 scale buggies and cars.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:16 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

TRASH-ASS SUCKS.lol.
Even if you spend a ton of money on any trash-ass you'll still be tons behind a real company like KYOSHO or TAMIYA who both do nitro 1/10 and 1/8 scale buggies and cars.
We get the idea you don't like Traxxas. Fine. You don't need to remind us in every post. I think there is a classier way of making your point than you've presented thus far.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:58 AM
The_Shark

TRASH-ASS SUCKS.lol.
oh i thought those where K-mart brands[&:]
Old 12-10-2010, 08:18 AM
maddmatt02

omly problem with kyosho is availability. hobby shop here is pretty cool, Ive taked to the guys a few times and they seem to know whats going on and they are all into the hobby as well. they will price match also so I was going to go with them, but when I asked if they could get the kyosho mad force kruiser VE, he said he cant get it into the store. he said he can get me parts for it if the warehouse has em, but the only way I would be getting the truck itself is from somewhere like A main or Stormer...

I wish tower would just start carrying their stuff again.

but I also have to add one thing about all companies producing crap, as well as some good stuff. I have only had 2 duratrax vehicles. one was a nitro evader bx. it was pretty dang fast (O.S. .18 stock) and was durable enough that I never broke anything on it after the first couple days. I dotn know if they use a different batch of parts initially compared to replacements or what, but I broke the front shock tower and a front a arm first day, replaced em and never broke them again. only other problem I had was with the ball diff but it was all user error Im sure.

anyways, before that I had a overdrive ST, big POS. same thing with plastic though, I broke ALL 4 a arms within 2 days, then didnt break them any more. I had this truck so long ago I dont even remember all my problems, but I do remember every time I took it out I spent no less than a few times trying to fix something/solve some problem. I am pretty sure I do remember it not being anything with the engine though, so the velocity 17 might have been a fine engine, not sure.

I think the toughest nitro I have had was the MGT 4.60 and the toughest electric was the rustler(really the only electric Ive had besides an old 4x4 pede).
Old 12-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Every time I read the title of this thread I think your face sucks! jk

I own a traxxas and have used several others with no problem.. Just my experience
Old 12-10-2010, 11:04 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: keithbradley
To the OP, who asked someone to name a lousy RC from another company...In my experience, almost every 1/10 scale nitro RC I've had has been of poor quality. The losi speed t is probably my LEAST favorite out there. Ive had 2 and they last me about 5 minutes before breaking. I've had a few Losi 8ight-T's and have had amost zero problems with them, and Im pretty tough to beat at teh track.
HPI Brama 10b worst RC I've seen yet
Even the guys at the LHS said its one of the worst they have seen after they tried one out after I said how bad mine was
They took em off the shelves after that (not like any sold in the 1st place)
I don't think you could get much worst than the brama 10b, and still be considered hobby grade in all truth. My new 1/24th scale redcat I picked up for $50(shipped) is built better than that sucker was, and has more hop-ups available.

Got 2 HPI RS4 MT's well ones a MT2. There decent, only weak spot is the front arms where it connects to the chassis. If RPM woulda made a-arms for it (or if HPI made the arm a litle thicker) the truck would have been way better. I've snapped probably 3 a-arms in total in between the 2 trucks. The price they charge is killing them seeing you can buy a RTR Ofna 1/8th buggy for less cash which is more durable, has the same ground clearance, and is about the same size. Hell people have slapped k5.9's in the MT2 and its survived, which I find is pretty impressive
Only thing my MT2 is great at is its fuel cost to run. I get around 20 minutes off a 75cc tank (I run a .15)vs 15 mins off a 150cc tank on my ofna(or savage).
Old 12-10-2010, 11:21 AM
MrBlargMan

I am going to have to defend Traxxas here. So you are frustrated with a nitro truck that maybe is not running correctly. That is a common issue for nitro rc beginners regardless of vehicle manufacturer. I have a Traxxas Nitro Rustler Pro .15. It is basicly a slightly higher quality Nitro Sport. Out of all of my RC's, my Rustler Pro .15 is by far the most consistant running and most reliable off-road basher in my fleet! Sure EZ-start is not so much the bee's knees of starting systems, but a $15 pull start fixed that right up for me. There is GOBS of information out there on tuning nitro engines. Traxxas also has great customer support. Try giving them a call. You might be supprised at the lengths they will go to keep a happy customer.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Redvanmafia

Traxxas kicks ass, only the clowns of the world waste time on forums going on about how there car wont run properly. its not traxxas its YOU, your retarded
Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 AM
kaiser01

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

TRASH-ASS SUCKS.lol.
We get the idea you don't like Traxxas. Fine. You don't need to remind us in every post. I think there is a classier way of making your point than you've presented thus far.
+1

see my sig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.