Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Redcat Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:55 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing?

ORIGINAL: poprocker17

i really hate redcat. they are a big knock off of chinese garbage, they look like garbage, and they don't last. my redcat lasted me 2 weeks before i gave up on it because things kept breaking. whatever you do, do not get redcat racing products. you will be stuck in a money pit and won't have any run time out of them. nitrosportsandrunner, you are very biased toward these redcats arent you? search redcat anywhere and you will see the reviews calling them garbage. do not fall for this joke called Redcat Racing. (or in other words, Redgarbage racingrags).
it wasnt long ago that i thought redcats were junk, and not a brand worth buying. the 1st one i got my hands on used. it was cheap, and ran very well. i will say that i have had more success with their electric models.
all i can say is that the redcats i own(5 currently) all perform well. my opinion of redcat can only be based on how they have worked for me.
if you didnt have luck with your redcat model, i am sorry to hear that. but you can have problems with any RC.
its not really fair to judge a brand on 1 model you owned.
i have owned one tamiya model that sucked. kept breaking and chewing up gears. but other tamiyas i have owned were awsome!

you can read RCU reviews of several redcat models here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/index.cfm just type in redcat racing in the filter.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:01 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the guy has only 4 posts, see what i mean? noobies just sign up to complain about how they dont get it.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:03 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

the guy has only 4 posts, see what i mean? noobies just sign up to complain about how they dont get it.
how much you want to bet the redcat was his 1st nitro?
my 1st nitro was a traxxas and i didnt have much luck with it. not the trucks fualt. there is alot to learn with nitros.
heck, just do the motor breakin wrong and the things will never run right!

but still, the guy is entitled to his opinion. im just saying he should try not to base it on one bad experience.
if i had done that, i never would have onwed many great traxxas models(my 1st nitro was a traxxas)
Old 01-15-2011, 08:07 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: poprocker17

i really hate redcat. they are a big knock off of chinese garbage, they look like garbage, and they don't last. my redcat lasted me 2 weeks before i gave up on it because things kept breaking. whatever you do, do not get redcat racing products. you will be stuck in a money pit and won't have any run time out of them. nitrosportsandrunner, you are very biased toward these redcats arent you? search redcat anywhere and you will see the reviews calling them garbage. do not fall for this joke called Redcat Racing. (or in other words, Redgarbage racingrags).
You will be stuck in a money pit with any brand my friend; that's why they make replacement parts and hopups.
They (rc's) are not not indestructible; regardless of the brand.
Sounds like you were newbie at the time when you purchased a Redcat.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:08 PM
electricrc68
Banned

im really starting to think i shouldn't have started this thread.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:18 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

im really starting to think i shouldn't have started this thread.

you are gonna hear lovers and haters of any RC brand my friend. its all part of the hobby.
any time i mention redcat to one of the guys that works at the LHS he looks at me like im crazy!
but i know what kinda stuff he drives. he has the cash to buy and model/brand/upgrade he wants. so naturally he looks down on a "low cost RTR" brand like redcat.
i really dont care. when i take my rs10 on the indoor rock course i have a blast! i dont care if it is cheap, or if the axial is more popular. i dont even care that i had to upgrade the servos. it is still good value for my money.

having a variety of brand choices is part of what makes the RC hobby great! i like my redcats, but i still own other models. i will never get rid of my traxxas emaxx. she is a beast! and my losi strike is great fun jumping at the skate park. my dynam plane is a great 4ch flyer.
having brand favs, dislikes and options if part of the fun.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:29 PM
electricrc68
Banned

yeah i guess. i mean im still a newb at rc, and its a lot harder for me since im only 13 years old. idk much about gearing, and servos, and motors and all the other good stuff that goes into rc. but i guess i will learn with time. and im just used to taking peoples opinions which i really hate.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:13 AM
jroecycle

I just started in RC and my first two vehicals are a used Traxxas Rustler XL-5 and a New Redcat Aftershock 3.5.... While learning how to really manuver my rustler I hit a curb and busted the steering control (spindle) area of plastic. Not to big of a deal my local shop had one new for 3 bucks.... While I was at the shop buying parts I was introduced to Redcat and on an impulse, I purchased my Aftershock ($219 with a qrt of 20% nitro and a starter kit included). Aftre following the break in period rules (which seemed like forever) I finaly got to see what it could do, and for a beginer I was really impressed with its speed and power. It's my first and only nitro and I like it. Funny thing though, I hit the same curb and broke the same plastic area on the redcat that I did my rustler... If I don't learn quick this could get to be an expensive hobby, lol.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Haddi Taha

the thing is once you get a good tamiya/hpi/associated/losi ect kits you wouldn't want rtr again. What pleases me most about rc is looking at a well engineered high end kit, and staring at the complexity of a car, i can spend an hour just looking at a fully upgraded tamiya ta05 IFS system. The feeling you get when driving these cars are amazing, everything down to the screw locations has been designed for superior handling. These high end kits are going to end up as classics, they are the ferrari lamborghini of rc which makes redcat like the cheaper high performance cars, you get excellent car and fun but not the sense of luxury when in the presence of a high end kit. with that said i'm going to fiddle with the IFS on my tamiya tb03
Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 AM
The_Shark

i like to buy used ARTR's as most the time i have my own gear and engine, and will go through the whole thing tweaking settings, oils ect.

ive only got 2 new RTR's a bandit and knock off rc18, however i ran through the whole thing adjusting and such.

for a beginner- RTR is the best, however you get some experience and will want to build the stuff from the ground up.

i also wish they would do more bind and drive.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:18 AM
electricrc68
Banned

i don't know i like rtr's because i like to just get going instead of spending time on building one. just my interest.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Nik.

You cant compare a redcat to accociated or losi RTRs or race kits for example, but you can't compare prices either.

You might not always get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:49 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Nik.

You cant compare a redcat to accociated or losi RTRs or race kits for example, but you can't compare prices either.

You might not always get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get.
so true
Old 01-16-2011, 01:02 PM
electricrc68
Banned

i know i wasn't saying anything about redcats rtr's, i was just saying in general that i like rtr better than kits.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:27 PM
cswtornado

I wouldn't get any of the 1/10 scales other than the Caldera. They are all HSP and the same car and my Tornado is a fail on the durability front. However I hear the 1/8 s are pretty good in that respect. I wouldn't get another Redcat, not because of slowness or anything but just cuz of durability. For example me and my buddie (total noobie to RC) bashed with my Savage and the Tornado, and to make a long story short we had to ditch the Tornado half way through because of broken parts duct tape can't fix. The Savage, however, endured his learning to drive (actually he did kill my body and rollbar but w/e...) without a hitch, and we ended up running it all day the next day too. Great fun.

But since the 1/10s (again, not the Caldera) are all the same and the 1/8 are completely different they might be better.... I still say go Savage if you're looking for something that you can spend the money pit on upgrades instead of spare parts.

I'm NOT a hater.... I just like the Savage more. I run my Redcat like an OnRoad now.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:31 PM
electricrc68
Banned

yeah idk. im now thinking traxxas slash or hpi e-firestorm 10ht. i have nothing against redcat, i just dont know what to get. its a hard decision.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:17 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

i don't know i like rtr's because i like to just get going instead of spending time on building one. just my interest.
Once you got a pile of surplus electronics, and junk sitting around you would probably change your mind. That is how I felt when I 1st started
I got like 6 RTR radios just sitting around gathering dust.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Haddi Taha

the only thing that confuses me is when people go that thier redcat is just as good as your ta05 or savage or whatever, redcats arethe best value but not inleague with the higher end brands. i think redcat can have some good carsif theyupdate thier design, they all look the same
Old 04-18-2015, 06:14 AM
Stryker48

I LOVE my Redcat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMyKISYcrNc
Old 04-18-2015, 03:44 PM
DieHarder

4 year resurrection, yo!
Old 04-19-2015, 02:57 AM
Stryker48

Originally Posted by DieHarder
4 year resurrection, yo!
Why not? after all Redcat is not dead ..... not by a long shot
Old 04-19-2015, 03:15 AM
Stryker48

QUOTE=Haddi Taha;10266840]the thing is once you get a good tamiya/hpi/associated/losi ect kits you wouldn't want rtr again. What pleases me most about rc is looking at a well engineered high end kit, and staring at the complexity of a car, i can spend an hour just looking at a fully upgraded tamiya ta05 IFS system. The feeling you get when driving these cars are amazing, everything down to the screw locations has been designed for superior handling. These high end kits are going to end up as classics, they are the ferrari lamborghini of rc which makes redcat like the cheaper high performance cars, you get excellent car and fun but not the sense of luxury when in the presence of a high end kit. with that said i'm going to fiddle with the IFS on my tamiya tb03
[/QUOTE]

Again you are comparing apples with oranges here! ...GET REAL!!!! Comparing Redcats with Team Associated etc lol. (BTW, FYI, Team associated, HPI, ALL make rtr as well
Just because something is rtr, doesn't mean it's 'junk' ... it's aimed at a different market which all the manufacturers are doing to gain market share.

So yes, the high end models from the more reputable manufactures like Team Associated are intrinsically better than Redcats, however they do come at a MUCH higher price point and should never be compared. (NOT THE SAME TARGET MARKET!)

As far as "sense of luxury" (your words not mine!) .... it only proves there are still brand wh*res out there with more money to burn & trying to impress .... than common sense lol

"Luxury" doesn't come to mind at all (at least for me) when talking about ANY rc vehicles ... regardless of brand. lol

Last edited by Stryker48; 04-19-2015 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:17 AM
xghfgh

yeah its a hard decision though. the caldera 10E seems like an awesome truck, but i still have 2 months more to decide till my birthday! idk i will think about which one to get: the caldera 10E or hpi e-firestorm 10HT.

Last edited by xghfgh; 04-20-2015 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stryker48
Why not? after all Redcat is not dead ..... not by a long shot
But most of the people that talked in its accounts are dead so its pointless.
Hell Nitro(haven't seen him in awhile), and me are like the only 2 that posted in this thread prior to its resurrection that are not dead accounts(an he hasn't even posted in over a month).

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Thread_Necromancy_3038.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	2090610  

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 04-20-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:37 PM
hjnbffc

i haven't heard much about this company, but in some cases i heard it is a good company. does anyone else know anything about Redcat Racing or have had experience with them and their vehicles?

Last edited by hjnbffc; 04-21-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.