Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

How to clean out your tank and fuel filters

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How to clean out your tank and fuel filters

Old 04-05-2002, 02:08 AM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to clean out your tank and fuel filters

One thing that we cannot overlook is the fuel filter used in many tanks. Some of us even run an extra in-line filter (right?). After a lot of bashing, dirt will get in. It may come from the refueling process or the pipe. So how do we clean it?

First, put some fuel in the tank, slosh it around , then dump it. This will get the loose dirt out and maybe free up some crud in the filter.

I bought a Sullivan Fuel Bulb from a LHS. It was just a few bucks. First, make sure it is clean! Then fill it with your fuel. Pull the fuel line from the carb, put the bulb it the end of the line and squeeze! This will flush out the filters, although you might want to clean out an inline filter separate from the tank. Just make sure that the tank is upside down with the lid open when you flush out the tank filter.

A little preventative maintenance will go a long way! If your filter is clogged, you could run lean and blow an engine.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:25 PM
StickZ

If you run some white spirit around your tank, fuel lines and carb, it cleans them up real good too.
(Take the carb off of the engine before filling it with spirit!)
Old 04-11-2002, 05:50 PM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

StickZ,

I think that most of us here don't know what White Spirit is. I don't. Do you mean mineral spirits? Just a language barrier thing, I guess!

Elwood
Old 04-12-2002, 07:02 AM
StickZ

Oh my god! You guys don't have white spirit?
You've never lived if you haven't gotten WS on your hands and stripped all the grease from them! (Turns hands white!)
Well, white spirit here in England is a kind of paint thinner. (Basically it's got a high alcohol content)
You clean brushes and, well, thin paint with it!
You probably have your own name for it.