Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

beware of owls

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:18 AM
9five9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beware of owls

I don't know if anyone else has had this happen, but I *had* a micro T for the last 6 years or so. I never really took it out much, but last night, I made a little snow course in my alley and was having some fun running the Micro T on the course, and out of nowhere.......a freaking owl swooped down and snatched it. Honestly, it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:22 AM
electricrc68
Banned

Default RE: beware of owls

omg that must have been awesome!!!! i should get a micro t and do that.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 AM
ejc34710

Well, im at a loss for words. Thats freakin crazy. Wish you would of had a video of it. Hmmm, maybe i could train an owl..... nahhh....
Old 03-19-2011, 09:11 AM
tommygun32

Did you get it back?? Follow where the owl went? Or is it gone?

ORIGINAL: INSIDEout

I don't know if anyone else has had this happen, but I *had* a micro T for the last 6 years or so. I never really took it out much, but last night, I made a little snow course in my alley and was having some fun running the Micro T on the course, and out of nowhere.......a freaking owl swooped down and snatched it. Honestly, it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:34 AM
rc awesome

Thats awesome! But poor micro T did you ever find it. I would have floored it and hoped that the owl let it go
Old 03-19-2011, 01:42 PM
doug702
My Feedback: (1)

sorry for your loss but thats freakin hilarious
Old 03-19-2011, 02:14 PM
nitroholic

Wow,that would of been an awesome youtube flick,never happens when filming though.Even with our pets,it's like man i could have won that if i had it on cam.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:49 PM
johndavis

if you could have got that on video it probally would have made #1.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:00 PM
ejc34710

Yea, go get another one. Mount an on-board camera, an "owl cam" and film it from your view too. Glue a small stuffed animal on top of it. Hehe
Old 03-19-2011, 03:33 PM
9five9

looking back, I wish I would have done a lot of things, like turn the wheels back and forth, floor it, and try to freak the thing into dropping it, but I had no idea what was going on. It was dark, and this thing came down and my truck was gone. I looked all over to see if it got dropped, but I'm pretty sure that thing is gone forever. some kid will end up finding it in his backyard though I'm sure. Never thought that would have happened.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:48 PM
rc awesome

I would drive around and look for it. Maybe the owl realised that Micro T doesn't taste very good and dropped it. If it would have been on a camera though It would be one of those viral vids. Hopefully you find it, but ya got to admit, it would be pretty cool to find that in your backyard.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:27 PM
electricrc68
Banned

should start carrying a camera everywhere i go now
Old 03-19-2011, 10:19 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

This is awesome. ThunderbirdJunkie wishes he would've seen it.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:34 AM
siberianhusky

Thats just plain cool! except for losing the car! I was climbing in back of Lake Louise years ago, was on Wicked Gravity (5.11a) and had a pair of sunglasses taken right off my face by a Canadian Jay AKA Camp Robber.
No where near as cool as an owl stealing your car though!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Gex_61

You have to find it now!
How cool would it be to have a Micro with owl battle wounds?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:19 PM
punchritch

I thought I was the only one to ever see somthing like that,but last summer I had a hawk do the same thing to one of my electric trucks.My wife has it on vid,if I can find it I'll post it for you to check out!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:23 PM
nitroholic

I'm gonna beware of bats when i take my r/c boat out,cause them little son of mother ______'_ get stuck in your hair and stuff around dusk on a lake/pond.Hec for that matter even r/c anything,at dusk,it's very rural up here.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27348.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1581897  
Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 PM
lez1troubles

Seen a buzzard attack an RC plane before and a dog jump up and grab a plane coming in to land. Animals, love em or hate em, there cool as hell.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:24 AM
nitroholic

The dogs probably look at it as like a game of fetch,sorta like a frisbee.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:02 PM
lez1troubles

Yes it was some thing like that, Troubles (my dog) is a bit of a nut-case mix between boxer and pit bull. I was over at the football fields with some friends watching a couple of guys fly there airoplanes, Troubles sitting next to me peeping away every time one of the planes flys by. Well along comes a new guy with a glider, throws it in the air and Troubles starts to run like the guys thrown a stick, I managed to get him to come back and sit his silly ass back down but did'nt notice that his eyes are almost glued to the plane, wel the guy comes in to land and the silly dog starts running, I did'nt even notice that he was gone until it was to late, he just jumped in the air about 2 meters from the ground and grabbed the plane by the nose, brought it down and shook his head until there was litteraly nothing left but small tooth pick sized pieces of balsa wood over. The guy starts screaming at me like I'm the one eating his plane[:@] He even called the cops who arived 30 minutes later, 2 young agents around the 20ish years old. I explained what had happened and that I was sorry for the damage done and that I would be happy to replace the guys flying stick, cops just stood having a laugh at the insident and patting Troubles on his head. Cost me 69euro to get a new plane (Graupner UHU).
The cops even told me not to bother getting the guy a new plane as your not allowed to fly model planes or whirly-birds on the football fields but I did any way.
Still see the guy flying in the weekends but he keeps up high when Troubles is around.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:56 AM
ejc34710

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Yes it was some thing like that, Troubles (my dog) is a bit of a nut-case mix between boxer and pit bull. I was over at the football fields with some friends watching a couple of guys fly there airoplanes, Troubles sitting next to me peeping away every time one of the planes flys by. Well along comes a new guy with a glider, throws it in the air and Troubles starts to run like the guys thrown a stick, I managed to get him to come back and sit his silly ass back down but did'nt notice that his eyes are almost glued to the plane, wel the guy comes in to land and the silly dog starts running, I did'nt even notice that he was gone until it was to late, he just jumped in the air about 2 meters from the ground and grabbed the plane by the nose, brought it down and shook his head until there was litteraly nothing left but small tooth pick sized pieces of balsa wood over. The guy starts screaming at me like I'm the one eating his plane[:@] He even called the cops who arived 30 minutes later, 2 young agents around the 20ish years old. I explained what had happened and that I was sorry for the damage done and that I would be happy to replace the guys flying stick, cops just stood having a laugh at the insident and patting Troubles on his head. Cost me 69euro to get a new plane (Graupner UHU).
The cops even told me not to bother getting the guy a new plane as your not allowed to fly model planes or whirly-birds on the football fields but I did any way.
Still see the guy flying in the weekends but he keeps up high when Troubles is around.
lol, i would have loved to have seen that.