Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ran the tc3 today :)

Old 08-10-2003, 03:44 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ran the tc3 today :)

finally i got a good day of driving out of this pig. it only took 5 weeks for me to have some fun.
heres a list of what i can remember that went wrong and caused my sunday driving to be cut short. maybe some of you guys can use it to prepare.

#1 broke front bumper post. i figured it was ok as long as i didnt crash again, which i did, and broke a lower front arm.
#2 zero skills to drive with a front one/solid rear. i got fed up and left early that day. its for skilled drivers only !!
#3 lh sone had one diff assembly, so i took out the one-way and attempted to drive with a solid rear. its like driving a mustang in the snow.slip....slide......slip.
#4 still waiting on the rear diff, so i go out and give it another sho for the heck of it. eat up the spur gear like it was made of cheese. i think a rock got caught in there.
#5 still waiting on rear diff. go out to drive and blow the rear diff.

a few weeks of very bad luck came to an end today when i was out ripping up the joint. i did crack my gas tank when someone broad sided me, but thats a "normal" incident. all those other ones were very frustrating.
this is my list of parts i carry with me now when i go to drive the tc3.

1 extra spur gears.( forget which either 48/52 or 50/54)
----also extra clutch bell with different gears 1 for top end 1 for bottom. now i just change the bell...real quick.
2 extra diff case
3 extra diff rebuild kit
4 extra carbon graphite set (arms,towers,etc)
5 extra dogbones (i put in steel but keep alum as back up)

i think thats it, but that small list should keep you on the track for a while.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:50 PM
Celly013

For those diff cases, get the fix. I know you'll have 100 people tell you to get it, but trust me, it really does work. I have the fix for the front and rear, and have taken some major hits, with no snaps (knock on wood).

Also, with the fuel tank, JB weld a piece or shoe goo a piece of fuel tubing to the side of your tank, so that if your pipe takes a stiff hit, the tubing will absorb it. Also use a stiffer piece of pipe wire to mount your pipe..
Old 08-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Smalls

Pack,

Do you have a bumpstart motor and box? If so get the K-Factory fuel tank don't wast your money on the stock style. I love my K-factory tank. But it will not work with a pull start motor. ( its longer but lower, as you can tell it lowers your CG nicely)

Another thing Pack, is you don't have to stick to the 48-52 or 50-54 combos, you can shake it up a bit. I use 52-54 There is no problem with gear mesh if you don't skip a size, trust me I run them all day long.

One ways and diffs are for people who have been wheeling cars for a little while. But do yourself a favor, spend a practice day with the one way in your car. If your radio has abs then use it and just make sure you dial allot of brakes out, or if you don't have abs do the same and dial the brakes almost completely out. ( you shouldn't get use to brakes anyway, I run with almost 0 breaks.)
If you do need to brake witht he oneway just make sure you brake in a straight line, never in turns only when you are dead straight. and get use to powering through turns. if you have sweepers at your track you will pick it up quickly.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:19 AM
packfan88

we have a tight course cause we dont have private land to run on. its a parking lot so where limited. no sweeping turns, so it was tough when i tried for the first day or two that i had the tc3.
i dont have abs, which would have helped.

a lot of guys i drive with have the k-factory tank, but at $40 im not sure if i like it.

i emailed that guy with the fix and he said he is waiting on a shipment of screws so they are out of stock right now.thanks for the email for him though.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Celly013

Originally posted by packfan88
we have a tight course cause we dont have private land to run on. its a parking lot so where limited. no sweeping turns, so it was tough when i tried for the first day or two that i had the tc3.
i dont have abs, which would have helped.

a lot of guys i drive with have the k-factory tank, but at $40 im not sure if i like it.

i emailed that guy with the fix and he said he is waiting on a shipment of screws so they are out of stock right now.thanks for the email for him though.
The Kfactory is cool, but, I have asked a few people, and they all say they haven't seen any difference with the new tank installed.

You might want to look at the Kfactory side brace. It braces the driver side of your tc3, and will also help protect your tank.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:02 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I can imagine. The only time you'll notice this, if at all, is during hard cornering. The car with a lower CG will have less shifting and flippy.

But the tank is just killer! Looks so much cooler than the factory tank! And ya gotta like the low profile look!

ram
Old 08-11-2003, 11:50 PM
Smalls

Yeah lower CG, Much easier to tune a motor with out pesky air bubbles. (the new tc3 tank withthe ait through the lid still has issues. The baffle system in the tank is useless. The K-Factory tank has a tripple baffle system which works flawlessly. I get every drop out of my tank, not like with the old one where I would have about 5 cc or more ( percentage wise that is allot)

The moveable pressure fitting and movable handle are really a nice luxury.

I love it, In my opinion this is a must have and it is not bling bling.

Don't forget though if you have a pull start this tank will not work for you.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:27 PM
packfan88

i might get one if i check into that side brace a little more but who knows.
i noticed a lot more bubbles when the pipe was touching the tank (duh me) but i made my own pipe hanger which allows for more space between the tank and the pipe so i have few bubbles now.

i just dont want to get t-boned and break a $40 tank when i coulda broke a $14 tank.