Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
9.09%
8.18%
11.82%
10.00%
10.00%
4.55%
1.82%
4.55%
0%
10+
40.00%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

how many cars do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:01 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: how much cars do you have?

100+ in my collection.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Never Enough Toys
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am close to 100 cars.Mostly Tamiya TA02's,some TA01'sand Tl01's.Two original Blackfoot's,Two Super Blackfoots,And a King Blackfoot.The Frog.A Tamiya TB01 rally.A CC01 and two Traxxas 4tec's(the only traxxas products that have yet to piss me off).I'm sure I'm missing some,but hey you only live once.You might as well enjoy it!

Oh forgot about the Tamiya FF01's ,have about ten of those.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:33 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Three and a half. Only one is useable.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:47 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

More than you can justify spending, pal.

In all seriousness, it's funny how many of the people are just put off by the expense. If you're so worried about it being expensive, go take up a cheap hobby. It's pretty awesome rolling up to the bash spot with 3 Savages, a Revo, an Aftershock, and a 1/8 buggy in the Jeep, and bashing them until they're broken beyond running, then going back to the Jeep, throwing the broken one in, pulling a fresh one out, and repeating the cycle.

Such reckless things are not for everybody. But things like this are for ThunderbirdJunkie.

He used to do it with real 4x4s...and believe him, it is FAR CHEAPER to do it with RC cars. Driving the Montero to go wheeling, taking the Trooper on a tow dolly, and when the Montero puked its transmission or transfer case or a CV axle or whatever, getting the Montero towed back to the trailhead, unloading the Trooper and loading the Montero onto the dolly...wheel the Trooper the rest of the day.

Ever had to pay to have two vehicles towed home? Did that once.

Yeah, RC's cheaper.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:18 PM
bhughes89

Associated B4 Stealth
Associated TC4/3 (not really sure which one it is... i bought about 1.5 times worth of parts from this guy and put what I could together with it)
HPI Cup Racer (on its way actually, should be here Wednesday!)

i plan on expanding this with helis, planes, and most likely an HPI Savage of some kind
Old 04-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Haddi Taha

Tamiya TT01E
Tamiya TB03
Tamiya DF02
Thats all i need for the moment, plan on getting a 1/8 bl buggy one day, not sure which one.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:35 AM
supertib

I have a few rides

AE RC 12 5.1
Top Team Photon
Mugen MBX6T X 2
Hyper 9 2.0 X 2
OFNA DM-1 X 2
Jammin X2 CRT
Jammin CRT .5
Serpent 811 Truggy
Serpent 811 Buggy
A few Savages
Sportworks Turmoil Buggy
A couple helicopters

oh I forgot also have a Hyper 10 SC Big Block Nitro and a Hyper 10 SC electric.....
Old 04-12-2011, 05:01 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

thunderbird it's all relative, isn't it?; rc cars are inexpensive compared to another grownup hobby, such as high end audioor gun collecting. i think that, when you are talking about adult hobbies (assuming this is one) the cost is on the lower end.that is one of the things i like! i'm not taking about all rc, e.g., high end jets or giant planes, butrather monster trucking and like that....

Old 04-12-2011, 05:02 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

More than you can justify spending, pal.

In all seriousness, it's funny how many of the people are just put off by the expense. If you're so worried about it being expensive, go take up a cheap hobby. It's pretty awesome rolling up to the bash spot with 3 Savages, a Revo, an Aftershock, and a 1/8 buggy in the Jeep, and bashing them until they're broken beyond running, then going back to the Jeep, throwing the broken one in, pulling a fresh one out, and repeating the cycle.

Such reckless things are not for everybody. But things like this are for ThunderbirdJunkie.

He used to do it with real 4x4s...and believe him, it is FAR CHEAPER to do it with RC cars. Driving the Montero to go wheeling, taking the Trooper on a tow dolly, and when the Montero puked its transmission or transfer case or a CV axle or whatever, getting the Montero towed back to the trailhead, unloading the Trooper and loading the Montero onto the dolly...wheel the Trooper the rest of the day.

Ever had to pay to have two vehicles towed home? Did that once.

Yeah, RC's cheaper.
Kinda what got me down the multi RC path.
Drove out when I had my MT1 only, 5 mins in the dog-bone took off (arm fell off), I was like dammit 20 mins of driving for 5 mins of run time I need more RC's...

BTW on my list there are reasons its so long. For some reason the Nitro RC's I picked up the 3 made me happy where electric I kind of had a problems finding one that, makes me truly happy, and lives up to my expectations
Old 04-12-2011, 05:49 AM
Voodoo Steve

I have 10 at the present time, also a boat and 2 blade mcx heli's, I'll be getting rid of the heli's though as I've just built another track and may add another rc18t or vendetta to the garage.......I also spent some time rock crawling and off roading, had a waggoneer and a toyota that I drove to and from the badlands and haspin acres here in Indiana,and not once did they fail to bring me home in 4 years, I learned pretty quick not to bring junk to the quarry, seen a lot of it there though,it wasvery suprising at what some would choose to risk their life with, so after a few close callsbecause ofsome of these Einsteins, I quit and traded off my trucks.............
Old 04-12-2011, 09:12 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: silvermansteve

thunderbird it's all relative, isn't it?; rc cars are inexpensive compared to another grownup hobby, such as high end audio or gun collecting. i think that, when you are talking about adult hobbies (assuming this is one) the cost is on the lower end. that is one of the things i like! i'm not taking about all rc, e.g., high end jets or giant planes, but rather monster trucking and like that....

Right, Steve. When ThunderbirdJunkie was 15...the costs were huge. $150 for a car, $30 for a decent motor, $130 for a speed control...it took quite a bit of scrimping and saving. However, back then, with a 4.15/hr or whatever it was job at 10 hours a week, that's when he learned that if you buy cheap you buy twice. When you're poor you can't afford to do that[&:]
Old 04-12-2011, 09:56 AM
SLAYERDUDE

21 or something like that..
Lots of RC10's of different varieties, RC12L, couple Savages, Tmaxx, MGT 8.0, etc...

Can't afford to build a 1:1 drag car so R/C is where it's at for me.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been selling off some of the more common stuff lately and I've pretty much stopped buying new cars except Tamiya Re-Re's as I pretty much have everything I want. Last time I counted the number was in the upper 60's. I've added afew and sold a few so I'd say mid 60's is a good close number.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:39 AM
The Hedgehog

24 by my last count
Old 04-12-2011, 12:10 PM
electricrc68
Banned

man. you guys have a lot. i could never maintain that much.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:19 PM
supertib

what is the average value of your rides ? would you rather buy 10 $150 rides...or buy 1 high end $1500.00 ride ?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:03 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: supertib

what is the average value of your rides ? would you rather buy 10 $150 rides...or buy 1 high end $1500.00 ride ?
Plenty of 1/8 nitro racers + 5th scale so it's up there
Old 04-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Haddi Taha

how do you have time to drive 100 cars, and how do you decide, 1 for each day of the year?

Old 04-12-2011, 02:11 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

man. you guys have a lot. i could never maintain that much.
You can't drive more than one at once (well, you COULD, but that's beside the point), so you don't maintain more than one at a time driving-time wise.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:24 PM
electricrc68
Banned

yeah but what i mean is one day you break something on this, then that, then the next week another couple of cars are down. its a constant expense.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:20 PM
supertib

I have 2 complete radio systems..a Futaba 3Pk with 2 receivers, and a Airtronics M11X with 3 receivers....I have 3 of my 1/8th scales operational at one time, as that is all the servos I have to use....if i want to run some of my other rides I have to switch the electronics over..my business partner John also has several radios and multiple servo sets... So when we go to bash or race ots not uncommon for us to have 6 machines fully outfitted with 4 different radios...We have duplicates of some machines so we can do head to head engine testing.... We have our test vehicles and our race vehicles..we put too many hard miles on our test mules to use them for racing...... I have had many RC's and my personal favorite is a Truggy with some sort of high powered engine like a Mod OS 25.....As a rule we usually put far more miles on the Truggies then we do the other machines......We keep several brands because we are dealers for OFNA,Mugen and Serpent...so we like to represent each of the brands we carry.......
Old 04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

yeah but what i mean is one day you break something on this, then that, then the next week another couple of cars are down. its a constant expense.
But on the other hand you should always have one operational
Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

So stop breaking **** [&:]
Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

electric 68,you sound surprised at our collections, and skeptical based onthe costs involved. but itjust boils down to one's taste, budget and level of interest. i've been doing this for a little over 2 years, and havebuilt upa varied fleet. certainlymost of themare working at any given time! it is neither a burden nor overwhelmingfor me to keep a multi-vehicle fleet runningit's my pleasure. and if you can't afford 20 or 50rc's right away, it's no big deal: enjoy what you have! if you dostay interested, and eventually build a collection over time, you will see it's quite possible and enjoyableto run a bunch of these fantastic toys.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:12 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

"How much cars do I have"?   Does anyone else get driven as crazy as I do over the lack of literacy witnessed on postings these days?  Just think, as we are planning retirement and having the future of our existence in the hands of this generation, these fine folks will be running our country.   Let's pray to God that they have incredibly talented and educated aides to assist with their written obligations, as well as all others.  Maybe I should start a forum over grammar?  Nothing personal to this particular posting.  I see evidence of  illiteracy throughout postings here and C/L, blogs, and whether it is due to the new age of computer assisted communication or maybe just too much time working on RC toys and not enough time dusting off the old Webster's book?  I'm betting this post will last a total of five minutes but at least I got to rant and rave and hopefully I have spelled everything correct?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.