Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What is your dream RC ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your dream RC ????

I got a headache from reading all this crap...
Old 04-15-2011, 01:25 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Eman77

ORIGINAL: dracy69

I've always eyed 1/8 buggies. The only type of car I have yet to own. If I have the time to start racing at LI Raceway this summer I may pick one up.

I haven't raced since my more local track, South Shore Hobby, closed 2 years ago give or take.

Being an HPI nut I would probably stick to an HB buggy but, what would you guys recommend?
Not sure what to recommend for HPI 1/8 buggies, but the Hot Bodies truggy D8T is pretty nice I hear. (HPI owns Hot Bodies, or is the same, or something....I forget)

I'm new to 1/8 myself - just a basher, but I love my 801XT. A 1/8 tie rod compared to a 1/10 is quite a difference. I lined them up in my 801xt build thread for a pic....

But then, cost goes up with 1/8. For everything (tires, wheels, electronics if you go electric). It sure adds up. [&:]
I was saying, being an HPI guy, I would lean towards a Hot Bodies buggy. HPI owns Hot Bodies.
I would only bring it to the track, I would have trouble having fun bashing a 1/8 buggy when I have my Baja 5B and 5T and my Savages. I mean I'm sure I could but they are superior bashers, especially the 1/5 cars.

I'm not interested in a truggy, I'm more interested in an actual Buggy.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Eman77

My bad, missed your HB comment. HB makes the D8 too, that could be fun. Unlike the D8 buggy, the Tamiya TRF 801x was build after the truggy version (801xt) - HB build the D8T after the D8 I think. Anyway, this means some design improvements were incorporated into the 801x buggy. Pretty nice chassis - not cheap though.

I got my 801xt on a great deal, otherwise the price is unobtainable to me.

Sorry, can't offer any 1/8 buggy advice based on experience.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:30 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

oh it's all good man. I don't need the best of the best anyway, god knows I'd be lucky if I could get a full season in with my current schedule.

That is my new designated dream vehicle. any brand new r/c car fresh out of the box is amazing. the smell, the shiny plastic, cutting the parts open, a brand new body. Best feeling.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:24 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I bought a bump box for my last buggy. It worked pretty well, but in the end I felt for a basher it was more trouble than it was worth. I rarely have a problem with pull starts and they work well. Overall I prefer a pull start over anything, but id say both have their positives and negatives.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

While supertib may come across as a know-it-all elitist to you guys, once you get a little more experience under your belt, you'll understand one thing.

He is right.

ThunderbirdJunkie and supertib butted heads quite a bit (mostly over the RTR-quality engines vs Piccos and Novarossis and such), and after running a GOOD engine, ThunderbirdJunkie completely agrees with 99.999999999% of the stuff supertib says.

There are guys out there that have been running nitro for longer than supertib has been alive and know nothing. And there are guys that have been running nitro for 3 months that have an understanding of what goes on in these little engines far beyond the guys that have been running nitro for three decades or more.

It's all about UNDERSTANDING, it has nothing to do with actual KNOWLEDGE. supertib has both on his side.

Do you guys seriously, honestly believe some silly brass bushing on a backplate can seal an engine as well as an O-ringed solid chunk of aluminum? Bumpstart engines ARE, without a doubt, superior in every way.

This was proven to ThunderbirdJunkie many years ago when he put a bumpstart backplate on the OS .12CV-R on his RC10GT. The engine was more consistent, more reliable, and made more power. And that difference in all of those things was VERY tangible.

If you do not believe this, you have not run a bumpstart engine. Seriously, RC10GTs and XXX-NTs go for dirt cheap on ebay. Buy one with a pullstart, and buy one with a bumpstart engine. It's easy enough to find a gas truck with any engine situation on ebay. any of them that are currently listed were likely owned by racers that know what they're doing.

Well, that's not entirely correct. If that was the case, they'd all be bumpstarts...but, ThunderbirdJunkie digresses.

Realistically, if you are arguing with supertib, you have no idea what he's saying, and should therefore shut your piehole and LEARN. You were born with two ears and one mouth for a reason. You need to listen TWICE AS OFTEN as you TALK. No matter who you are, no matter what, you have more to contribute if you shut the hell up and listen instead of talking.

That is not to say that none of you guys know anything...but supertib is far more knowledgeable than you guys. He's not only been doing this longer than us, he's got a far better understanding of what goes on inside a glow engine than any of us.

And cue purenitro33 and his fanboy cronies to come in and say some stupid bullcrap about ThunderbirdJunkie worshiping supertib just like what happened on S-C
Old 04-15-2011, 11:13 PM
NOVAMEGA

I would have to say a new serpent 1/8 scale onroad racer with the baddest .21 money can buy , And a havoc heli lol
Old 04-15-2011, 11:37 PM
pritch

For me it's an enormous crawler. Speed has been taken care of, my 4s revo is as fast as I want to go really, I'm only a humble basher at the end of the day.

I would love something like RC4WD's 1/5 or even their 1/4 scale crawler. The 1/5 is on sale here in the UK, which is dangerous. In my dream world I would put ~55t motors on it, I'm not sure of the gearing but I'd like to find a 6 or 7t pinion for it, an esc with drag brake that could hack a 3s lipo, the biggest 23mm wheels and tyres possible, radio gear with a tx where you can set constant throttle like my tower hobbies 4ch but a 2.4ghz this time, then a whopper of a steering servo with a seriously high kg rating, or 2 of them if it can do 4 wheel steer (but I don't think that kit can). Add the appropriate weight to the axles.

Then I'd push that stick forward a few clicks and watch the sucker slowly climb a mountain
Old 04-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me wants a Tamiya TRF417 with a Hobbywing XERUN 120AMP ESC with a LRP X12 Motor
Old 04-16-2011, 03:27 AM
Klunke_dk

Personally i like my scale models, so i would say i wouldnt mind a fully working underground loader in a large scale something like a 1/10 scale. Or one of thoose massive RC tanks 1/6 scale.... Yeah that would be awesome to have. But i dont think ill ever get any of thoose.....
Old 04-16-2011, 05:34 AM
supertib

here is this years dream

with this engine

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gmoLFTkWMo[/youtube]

Old 04-16-2011, 12:23 PM
jmwright75

Well my dream RC was the Baja 5Bss and I got that now its the RC8T which I am just finishing up.

john
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74663.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1594720  
Old 04-16-2011, 12:23 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

While supertib may come across as a know-it-all elitist to you guys, once you get a little more experience under your belt, you'll understand one thing.

He is right.

ThunderbirdJunkie and supertib butted heads quite a bit (mostly over the RTR-quality engines vs Piccos and Novarossis and such), and after running a GOOD engine, ThunderbirdJunkie completely agrees with 99.999999999% of the stuff supertib says.

There are guys out there that have been running nitro for longer than supertib has been alive and know nothing. And there are guys that have been running nitro for 3 months that have an understanding of what goes on in these little engines far beyond the guys that have been running nitro for three decades or more.

It's all about UNDERSTANDING, it has nothing to do with actual KNOWLEDGE. supertib has both on his side.

Do you guys seriously, honestly believe some silly brass bushing on a backplate can seal an engine as well as an O-ringed solid chunk of aluminum? Bumpstart engines ARE, without a doubt, superior in every way.

This was proven to ThunderbirdJunkie many years ago when he put a bumpstart backplate on the OS .12CV-R on his RC10GT. The engine was more consistent, more reliable, and made more power. And that difference in all of those things was VERY tangible.

If you do not believe this, you have not run a bumpstart engine. Seriously, RC10GTs and XXX-NTs go for dirt cheap on ebay. Buy one with a pullstart, and buy one with a bumpstart engine. It's easy enough to find a gas truck with any engine situation on ebay. any of them that are currently listed were likely owned by racers that know what they're doing.

Well, that's not entirely correct. If that was the case, they'd all be bumpstarts...but, ThunderbirdJunkie digresses.

Realistically, if you are arguing with supertib, you have no idea what he's saying, and should therefore shut your piehole and LEARN. You were born with two ears and one mouth for a reason. You need to listen TWICE AS OFTEN as you TALK. No matter who you are, no matter what, you have more to contribute if you shut the hell up and listen instead of talking.

That is not to say that none of you guys know anything...but supertib is far more knowledgeable than you guys. He's not only been doing this longer than us, he's got a far better understanding of what goes on inside a glow engine than any of us.

And cue purenitro33 and his fanboy cronies to come in and say some stupid bullcrap about ThunderbirdJunkie worshiping supertib just like what happened on S-C
you need a emmy

yeah, pull vs. bump= no contest, rtr engine vs. quality= no contest supertib has alot of good to say. anyone who mods engines for income and needs nitro by the barrel knows whats going on.

oh yeah, i ported a RTR engine for the heck of it, and prior to working on it, it looked like a 5year old milled it, open up a jammin engine and its like night and day, and im sure my jammin is modest compaired to some ultra high tech motors.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Hack u 2

I was on the fence with the RC8T as well. Since I still have not bought one yet it could happen....but the D8T still catches my eye the most. Your RC8T should be a blast and good luck with it!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:07 PM
cummins driver

I guess one thing id like to try sometime in the future is possibly a brushless truggy. It'd be nice to have something that will fly and still handle really well. Id go nitro, but it seems truggies are kind of numb on the throttle response unless they have a real good engine, and are also harder on clutches. The brushless would take care of that[8D]
Old 04-16-2011, 06:37 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

I guess one thing id like to try sometime in the future is possibly a brushless truggy. It'd be nice to have something that will fly and still handle really well. Id go nitro, but it seems truggies are kind of numb on the throttle response unless they have a real good engine, and are also harder on clutches. The brushless would take care of that[8D]

You are for once correct about Truggies ! they separate the men from the boys when it comes to engines ! if you really want to see what a engine has or doesn't have run it in a Truggy ! a engine can seem like an animal in a MT but be absolutely pathetic in a Truggy.....Truggies can suck back about as much HP as you can throw at them, and the more power you throw at them, the more fun they become...
Old 04-16-2011, 07:11 PM
DarkFire989

A 1/5 scale MT I can easily afford.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Hack u 2

Don't hate but I am so into 1/8 scale now I just opened up a Redcat aftershock to hold me over until I get the D8T. I know this is a temporary fix but I actually like this truck better than the Traxxas Slayer... Just my lame opinion so don't flame me to hard boyz! I havent used an 1/8th scale in over 2 years...forgot how much fun they are to 1/10 scale. I did the RTR to satisfy a need for speed without having to build... I have been busy trying to get racing season started with all my 1/10th scales. I have settled on my factory GT2 for dirt. Ntc3 stock .15 & TC4 modified for this season. I will be helping the kids do short coarse racing with a traxxas slash stock (daughter) and son with SC10 modified. They can run dirt and asphalt with these. Our on road track is pretty much open to anything and everything....I have seen days where races are completely whacked and more for fun than compitition.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Hack u 2

As of the last 2 years I have not been a die hard like I used to be...What is the Serpent line cobra? It looks like they are big enough and world wide... I guess I could have googled but I am unfamiliar and when I quickly looked I could not find kit price... I imagine this is probably upper 10% in compitition and quality..Can you indulge me with some quick info and features?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Hack, you guys are still racing gas truck in CO?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:27 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Hack u 2

Don't hate but I am so into 1/8 scale now I just opened up a Redcat aftershock to hold me over until I get the D8T. I know this is a temporary fix but I actually like this truck better than the Traxxas Slayer... Just my lame opinion so don't flame me to hard boyz! I havent used an 1/8th scale in over 2 years...forgot how much fun they are to 1/10 scale. I did the RTR to satisfy a need for speed without having to build... I have been busy trying to get racing season started with all my 1/10th scales. I have settled on my factory GT2 for dirt. Ntc3 stock .15 & TC4 modified for this season. I will be helping the kids do short coarse racing with a traxxas slash stock (daughter) and son with SC10 modified. They can run dirt and asphalt with these. Our on road track is pretty much open to anything and everything....I have seen days where races are completely whacked and more for fun than compitition.

the Serpent retails for $624.00 at A-Main...its a very high end kit....i won't say its any better then anything else, but its something different I have not had yet....... I do know the Serpent has excellent quality parts and is known to be very durable...1/8th scale is a blast ! definitely my favorites of all the RC's...I just can't find anywhere near the same driving intensity with anything else....
Old 04-16-2011, 10:11 PM
cummins driver

ORIGINAL: supertib

You are for once correct about Truggies ! they separate the men from the boys when it comes to engines ! if you really want to see what a engine has or doesn't have run it in a Truggy ! a engine can seem like an animal in a MT but be absolutely pathetic in a Truggy.....Truggies can suck back about as much HP as you can throw at them, and the more power you throw at them, the more fun they become...
Yeah, you can tell by watching one that they will suck the power right out of a budget mill. However, 4s lipo on a decent brushless system throws one around like a rag doll

I dont deny a truggies capabilities, just like the MT's pretty well. Ill own a truggy one of these days. I know they have to be fun to drive if nothing else. [8D]
Old 04-16-2011, 10:26 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

ORIGINAL: supertib

Yeah, you can tell by watching one that they will suck the power right out of a budget mill. However, 4s lipo on a decent brushless system throws one around like a rag doll

I dont deny a truggies capabilities, just like the MT's pretty well. Ill own a truggy one of these days. I know they have to be fun to drive if nothing else. [8D]

4S on a truggy wasn't enough..even on 5S they can barely go toe to toe with my Nitro's..usually the Nitro pulls from the 5S setups we have run...A 6s however is is pretty intense....
Old 04-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Hack u 2

Colorado is changing right now with economy.....Numerious Hobby stores have closed their doors. I live in North Denver area and the only local track left is Ratraceway. Check out their site rateraceway.com. Gas races are far North (Longmont Hobby town) or far South...and one far east ( Burlington)...so I would say gas it alive but with travel. We are getting revived with Westminster Hobby Town doing out door parking lot race track on Sundays. With the array of hobbiest, classes they are made but you can't count on a season do to racer attendence. We have a ROAR race facility at Mhor indoor track in Aurora that is most popolar for 1/10th scale electric. We have about 10-12 tracks in colorado for on road off road etc, but they are all a minium of 1/2 hr from each other with fewer and fewer stores to supply parts. With Traxxas being retail king at every hobby shop and Pepboys if you break a hobby grade brand 50/50 on getting part to continue running.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:37 PM
MiamizFinest

Serpent f-180 shelf queen, most of the cars mentioned I've had at one point and sold at another my ace in the hole is the f1 and as I stated shelf queen status only since they drove like crap anyways but where a masterpiece to look at

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.