Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What is your dream RC ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Hack u 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your dream RC ????

Man ever since I was at the track a few wks back I can't get the D8T out of my head. I realize there are bigger, better, faster & more expensive rides but this car can't get out of my head. The last thing I need is another car to add to the stable, but I watch the Youtube track videos of the D8T and I get to thinking what if....??? Anyone else dream of cars??? I have a wife and family and a great job and I'm sure I should be dreaming of college for kids and there best interests....but this car......( I realize it's a truggy ). Whats on your mind...what do you like???
Old 04-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Karontu

Default RE: What is your dream RC ????

for me i'm dying for the losi XXX-SCB to release so i can get my sidewinder SCT combo and some sand paddles on it for the dunes

i wish i had the budget for a HPI 1/5 baja 5SC
Old 04-14-2011, 05:53 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i wanna see nitro's with a spark plug. no more messing with tuning, just fire it up and go! such an ignition system would be too large and bulky tho.

wouldnt mind seeing a axial with a 2 speed tranny that is RTR either. something that can crawl at 3-4mph and then still do 15-20mph in second gear.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:09 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one that never ran out of fuel....... and the tires lasted forever.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:14 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Hack u 2

Man ever since I was at the track a few wks back I can't get the D8T out of my head. I realize there are bigger, better, faster & more expensive rides but this car can't get out of my head. The last thing I need is another car to add to the stable, but I watch the Youtube track videos of the D8T and I get to thinking what if....??? Anyone else dream of cars??? I have a wife and family and a great job and I'm sure I should be dreaming of college for kids and there best interests....but this car......( I realize it's a truggy ). Whats on your mind...what do you like???

Truggies rock, and the D8T is a solid machine ! I have the most fun running a truggy with a killer engine like a mod OS 25...its a total hoot.....0-50 MPH nearly instantly and the handling to turn lock to lock at full speed !
Old 04-14-2011, 08:18 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

one that never ran out of fuel....... and the tires lasted forever.
You need a crawler[&:]

With a 10,000 mah battery pack
Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Hack u 2

With Brushless power and esc technoligy they should be able to make 5,10,15,20,25-100 % power etc. That would allow you to go from 1mph to 20mph...Who knows maybe I just invented something....If I decide to spring for the D8T I don't think I will be able to put the controler down and I would miss a whole summer due to playing! I also would like to see more companies go with remote starting systems for the nitro's. And the Baja line is the cream of the crop but I have never really wanted one like I want the D8T...Can you guys tell I like the D8T...lol.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Hack u 2

I saw a kid with a 3 c lipo 8000mah on a crawler and that thing never died. I am sure it would take a wk to drain...lol Overkill for sure but if you got the $$ play hard!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:43 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Hack u 2

With Brushless power and esc technoligy they should be able to make 5,10,15,20,25-100 % power etc. That would allow you to go from 1mph to 20mph...Who knows maybe I just invented something....If I decide to spring for the D8T I don't think I will be able to put the controler down and I would miss a whole summer due to playing! I also would like to see more companies go with remote starting systems for the nitro's. And the Baja line is the cream of the crop but I have never really wanted one like I want the D8T...Can you guys tell I like the D8T...lol.

Starter box ! once you dial in a starter box yo will never want to run nitro any other way ! remote starter requires a OWB and more specifically a OWB shaft which runs thru the backplate...which usually ends up being a major source of a vacuum leak ..Engines that use a sealed backplate perform much better...... Personally till someone runs a quality bumpstart engine they have not really experienced nitro as it should be !

D8T is a rocking Truggy.....definitely the best value in the Truggy market today
Old 04-14-2011, 09:11 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want a Baja 5B/5T with this engine:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY4vdtSXBbY[/youtube]

No, I don't care if it's slower than other engines. IT'S A FRIGGIN V8! [X(]
Old 04-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Hack u 2

That is Awesome. I have never seen a motor like that and run that nice for so small. Dream motor for sure.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:22 PM

Conley offers their engines for sale...assuming you can afford them. The Stinger 609 is still in development but when released I imagine they will sell quite a few...if they know what's good for 'em they'll make a 5B install kit to bolt one up to the existing gearbox. I know I'm not the only one that would love to have one of those things with a genuine V8 in it.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:36 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

Something without any slop whatsoever. No play in the drive train or steering, decked out in functional upgrades. Something like the TRF417..

On 3s lipo. [X(]
Old 04-14-2011, 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: supertib

Starter box ! once you dial in a starter box yo will never want to run nitro any other way ! remote starter requires a OWB and more specifically a OWB shaft which runs thru the backplate...which usually ends up being a major source of a vacuum leak ..Engines that use a sealed backplate perform much better...... Personally till someone runs a quality bumpstart engine they have not really experienced nitro as it should be !

Yes, let's tie our cars to a box full of batteries that never work when you actually want to start the engine. BRILLIANT!

Sorry bro I'll stick to my pull starts. Takes me less time to get my engines started anyways, just two or three pulls, and unless you're paying 50 bucks for a brand new .28 you're not going to get any significant leaks around the start shaft bearing.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Um, ThunderbirdJunkie has never had an issue with a starter box. Just sayin'.

push
vroom
drive

Way better than a silly pullstart. If ThunderbirdJunkie could bumpstart his Savage he would.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: 378

Yes, let's tie our cars to a box full of batteries that never work when you actually want to start the engine. BRILLIANT!

Sorry bro I'll stick to my pull starts. Takes me less time to get my engines started anyways, just two or three pulls, and unless you're paying 50 bucks for a brand new .28 you're not going to get any significant leaks around the start shaft bearing.

Just goes to show how bush league you really my friend ! seriously you should zip up the lips and let those who actually know something speak for a change...pullstarts suck, plain and simple....... bumpbox is by far the most reliable method to start a nitro engine, and yes nitro engines run much better with a sealed backplate.......Why is it every single serious race machine runs bumpbox engines ? if pullstarts were so good wouldn't you think they would dominate racing...... When guys show up at a track with pullstart engines all it does is scream newbie...the only reason to run a pullstart is if you don't know any better...... till you have run a quality bumpstart engine you really have no clue what these engines are really capable of, plain and simple !
Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

378 why did you show me that? How will I save my money with you posting these things?
Old 04-15-2011, 04:10 AM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Um, ThunderbirdJunkie has never had an issue with a starter box. Just sayin'.

push
vroom
drive

Way better than a silly pullstart. If ThunderbirdJunkie could bumpstart his Savage he would.
It's just like a flash light. The batteries are only charged when you don't need them.

Just goes to show how bush league you really my friend ! seriously you should zip up the lips and let those who actually know something speak for a change...
So I guess running these things for six or seven years doesn't count?

Oh, right. I forgot. You're a know-it-all.

pullstarts suck, plain and simple
I've been running nitro for seven years now. Only had a problem with a pull start three times in those seven years. If that "sucks", then I don't mind them sucking.

bumpbox is by far the most reliable method to start a nitro engine
I can't imagine a complex system of belts, pulleys, motors, wires, batteries and switches is any more reliable than a string wrapped around a drum, bub. Maybe if your only experience with pull starts is off-brands I could somewhat see it, I can somewhat understand considering how lean you have your low-end set, but even when I had an off-brand engine it still wasn't that bad.

, and yes nitro engines run much better with a sealed backplate
Well hell..my pull start OS would embarrass full-scale cars in reliability and ease of starting. I can't imagine you can get one that runs better. I suppose a placebo effect is present, because a 0.0947873HP gain isn't going to be enough to feel.

Why is it every single serious race machine runs bumpbox engines
Same reason Formula 1 cars don't have onboard starters. Racers are a silly lot that spazz out over a few grams. I guarantee you if ROAR/FIA mandated onboard starters everyone on the track would have one fitted before you could pull an innuendo-laden one liner out.

Including you.

if pullstarts were so good wouldn't you think they would dominate racing
You need to get away from the track for a few minutes. there's more to RC than competition.

When guys show up at a track with pullstart engines all it does is scream newbie
Maybe to the rude elitists like you. When I see someone at the track with a pull starter I just see a guy who's out to have a little fun on the track with his daily driver.

the only reason to run a pullstart is if you don't know any better
Look up convenience in the dictionary. You'll see a pull start engine sitting there. Bump boxes are anything but convenient. Okay, say you're bumbling around in the yard about 100 yards away...and it flames out. We'll assume the flameout is just a well-worn glow plug making it's presence known. Now with a pull start engine all you have to do is walk up to it, pop the ignitor on, yank once, and it's alive again. But with a bump box you have to lug either the car back to the box or the box over to the car. If you think the second option is more convenient then you've been lobotomized.

till you have run a quality bumpstart engine you really have no clue what these engines are really capable of, plain and simple !
Oh boy, 0.009347589734HP! I'm soooooo jealous.

NOT!

Sarcasm aside, seriously, pull starts do not sap an appreciable amount of power. The difference on my engine would be nil anyways, because I keep my engines slightly rich of perfect. I trade off outright performance for a carb I don't have to adjust but twice a year, and with such a tune the difference between a pull start and non-pull start engine is null. Zip. Zero. Nada. So if it has no performance loss, is more convenient, easier to use, and just as reliable, I would be an idiot not to use it.

I can see why you like them though. You have your low end so damn lean the engines barely run, and with a tune like that a starter box probably is the only way to get one started...

ORIGINAL: dracy69

378 why did you show me that? How will I save my money with you posting these things?

Be broke all the time. It helps keep me from buying five thousand dollar V8s []
Old 04-15-2011, 04:47 AM
supertib

378 yours posts show how ignorant you really are, and how fond of yourself you seem to be.....If you came running nitro with me I would take you to school in a serious way........ my bottoms are not lean, you just have never seen a quality engine run before......If all you have run is pullstart sport engines you wouldn't know what a race engine is supposed to run like.........Geez dude if you had any clue whatsoever you would realize your talking way out of your league when you talk down to me LOL ! seriously you have not gone beyond running RTR junk and your going to act like some big expert ? like get serious kid ! 7 years ? woohoooo............I have been running nitro for 28 years.....last year alone we burnt thru 4 54 gallon drums, and competed in top racing events all over North America........Yet here you are still sporting RTR pullstart engines and your going to talk the trash you do ? I guess ignorance is bliss, and your obviously quite blissful !
Old 04-15-2011, 04:52 AM

...Better a blissful RTR guy having fun than a rude, know-it-all jerk who takes toy cars far too seriously.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Hack u 2

Another example of a RCU post gone south! This is about what is your dream rc?...For all you tools that wanna argue take it to off topic. We would have so many more posts if people wouldnt flame each other. Now Im off topic...but the D8T is still in my head with or without a back plate?????? Tools!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Eman77

Mine was the Tamiya TRF 801XT, brushless conversion. I have that now, and love it.

Now my dream RC is ever changing depending on what new and shiny comes out, or how my tastes change. Not necessarily the best/greatest racer either - could be that old Tamiya F-150, HotShot, other assorted kits. I'm weird that way.

Anything Schumacher always catches my eye too. I have a soft spot for purple bling, and that brand.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:01 AM
kaiser01

i too have lusted over a 1/8 electric buggy. and today i ordered one, factory team rc8be.

before that i always wanted a race clod, built one last year.

now that the 1/8 is on the way i don't know what i'll want next. probably nothing for a while as i have to get working on a project aircooled beetle thats all apart in my garage.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Eman77

Is this your first 1/8, kaiser?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:27 AM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 378

Be broke all the time. It helps keep me from buying five thousand dollar V8s []
is that model V-8 5k? or are you talking about full scale engines.

I only paid the equivelent of about 900 dolars for my LS6 (454) but that is a 7000 dollar engine. I hope that model isn't as expensive as a good track ready small block crate motor like a ZZ4 or a stroker motor. That would be sad.

I couldn't imagine spending more money on the engine in my baja than the engine in my El Camino.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.