Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

To The Mods, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:57 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To The Mods, Need Help

i had a thread i wanted to update with further information. it was titled "negative experience with horizon hobby." now i cannot find it. has it been deleted? someone named dan lackey from horizon contacted me after reading the thread. they had ignored all MY communications to THEM up to that time.this personhas not yet helped me to date though. i want to update on all this, in detail,but cannot find the thread. can you help me with this? i hope i don't have to start over!

respectfully,
steven silverman
weston, florida

Old 04-17-2011, 10:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: To The Mods, Need Help

Steve, the way THIS post sounds is that you did not go through the proper channels to contact them. Firstly, it is just plain silly to expect a fast answer through corporate email. Second, if you have an issue with customer service with a company, you don't just go on the internet and whine about it, even if it's the popular thing to do.

The powers that be here on RCU are well within not only their rights, but within proper HUMAN CODE to keep this silly whining off their boards.

On another note, they just had three VERY major releases with more coming within the next couple weeks, so their call volume is pretty darn large right now. The Blade MCPx, the Losi Ten SCT-E, and the TLR 22 are all extremely popular, extremely noteworthy releases, and as with any new release, there are issues, and these issues must be dealt with.

Horizon's customer service is second to none, so if you have a complaint with their service, you were probably kind of a jerk to them. This thought, in ThunderbirdJunkie's mind, is cemented by the fact that you whine about it on an internet forum.

Didn't see the original post, this is just what ThunderbirdJunkie can figure out from your post.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:47 PM
tommygun32

I remember your thread. I can't find it either.

Rather than posting another thread, why don't you PM a 'car' mod directly asking to clarify?
Old 04-17-2011, 11:12 PM
silvermansteve

first, thunderbird junkie, i wish you would get out of my thread!  PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE, you are not welcome. 

second, anybody not royalty who refers to themselves in the third person, even ironically, is a sad example of a person. 

third, you are as ignorant as you are amazingly presumptuous, as you apparently know nothing about my situation yet have so much to say.  you are showing yourself here to be an obnoxious gadfly.  or troll. you have no idea if my claims have merit; how could you, if you don't know what they are? 

fourth, i know more about process, dispute resolution, proper channels and procedure than you ever will.  bet on that.  i know you're no lawyer or businessman.  i know you're not a professional anything, it's obvious.  junkie don't misunderstand, i don't like to get into people's faces about their lack of education and so forth, but don't YOU try to school ME, you anencephallic tadpole.  

PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE TO MY THREAD.  PLEASE DON'T POST HERE.  IT DOES NOT CONCERN YOU.  i will have to school you if you stay, but i'd much rather avoid you, you self-important troll.  go anywhere else.  i will never post about you if you just go away from here.  go.

please, junkie, go.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:16 PM
silvermansteve

tommygun i might have done that if i had thought to. so thanks, i think i'lljust let this ride at this point.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:21 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: silvermansteve

first, thunderbird junkie, i wish you would get out of my thread! PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE, you are not welcome.

second, anybody not royalty who refers to themselves in the third person, even ironically, is a sad example of a person.

third, you are as ignorant as you are amazingly presumptuous, as you apparently know nothing about my situation yet have so much to say. you are showing yourself here to be an obnoxious gadfly. or troll. you have no idea if my claims have merit; how could you, if you don't know what they are?

fourth, i know more about process, dispute resolution, proper channels and procedure than you ever will. bet on that. i know you're no lawyer or businessman. i know you're not a professional anything, it's obvious. junkie don't misunderstand, i don't like to get into people's faces about their lack of education and so forth, but don't YOU try to school ME, you anencephallic tadpole.

PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE TO MY THREAD. PLEASE DON'T POST HERE. IT DOES NOT CONCERN YOU. i will have to school you if you stay, but i'd much rather avoid you, you self-important troll. go anywhere else. i will never post about you if you just go away from here. go.

please, junkie, go.

Judging from this post, ThunderbirdJunkie is 100% right in every way.

Good luck with resolving your problem.

If ThunderbirdJunkie were not welcome in this thread, he would not have access to it. The simple fact that you got so upset by ThunderbirdJunkie's post simply reinforces his theory. Hiding behind thinly veiled threats is not a very good practice when dealing with the public. Maybe your years of education should have taught you that

You're operating here under the implication that you are an attorney, but judging from the fact that you stoop to mudslinging wannabe post-graduate insults and have absolutely no idea how to properly punctuate and capitalize a sentence, you're probably some minimum wage paralegal that's gonna have his big bad boss write a nasty letter to Horizon for you.

Enjoy your namecalling and immaturity. At least you still haven't celebrated your 21st birthday yet! You're looking forward to that, aren't you
Old 04-18-2011, 03:51 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

first, thunderbird junkie, i wish you wouldget out of my thread! PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE, you are not welcome.

third, you are as ignorant as you are amazinglypresumptuous, as you apparently know nothing about my situation yet have so much to say. you areshowing yourself hereto be an obnoxious gadfly. or troll.you have no idea if my claims have merit; how could you, if you don't know what they are?

fourth,i know more about process, dispute resolution, proper channels and procedure than you ever will. bet on that. i know you're no lawyer or businessman. i know you're not a professional anything,it's obvious. junkie don't misunderstand, i don't like to get into people's faces about their lack of education and so forth, but don't YOU try to school ME, youanencephallic tadpole.

PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE TO MY THREAD. PLEASE DON'T POST HERE. IT DOES NOT CONCERN YOU. i willhave toschool you if you stay, but i'd muchrather avoid you, you self-important troll. goanywhere else. i will never post about you if you just go away from here. go.

please, junkie, go.

Lets see, TBJhas almost 19000 post (and contribues a great deal of knowledge) and you have 86, I wonder who people are going to side with

Old 04-18-2011, 04:58 AM
DaveG55

I too remember that thread and, honestly, it took me less than 3 minutes to find it.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10387043

As I said in the first thread, I've only had good experiences with Horizon. As I also said, I'd have back charged this long ago.

At this point, if you have not done a charge back, then you have screwed yourself as much as you believe that Horizon has screwed you. Updating your experience, here or there, is very unlikely to do anything to help yourself.

And one final thoght... Attacking a respected member of this fourm will gain you very little sympathy and may actually provide some insight into why you are having trouble resolving an issue with a company that most people find very accomodating.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good points Dave, TBJ should like the respected comment.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:00 AM
silvermansteve

sosomeone as noxious as junkiea could knock out 10,000 posts here and be respected then, BY SOME. it doesn't matter ifhe knows something about these toy cars,he was obnoxious here and elsewhere.i will just keep posting.junkie's exactly as i desrcibed him. he didn 't even read my thread before shooting off his mouth, as it were.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:17 AM
sloppyG

horizon's been great to the vast majority of us

if you have a different experience, it's a fair assumption to make that the problem may be with your attitude

Old 04-18-2011, 07:31 AM
silvermansteve

please see the original thread.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I too remember that thread and, honestly, it took me less than 3 minutes to find it.

What, did ya use some of that magic "search" hocus pocus that some of the guys here talk about, but no one uses? [8D]

(10 Points to Dave for the quick find of the seemingly "lost/deleted" thread)
Old 04-18-2011, 07:58 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Eman77

What, did ya use some of that magic ''search'' hocus pocus that some of the guys here talk about, but no one uses? [8D]

(10 Points to Dave for the quick find of the seemingly ''lost/deleted'' thread)

I know, right...

And thanks for the kudos.

Anybody else notice how quick the OP was to ***** about my comments about TBJ but still has not bothered to thank me for finding his lost/deleted thread???
Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Eman77

I noticed all right. I'm guessing he feels silly that he tried to find it, could not, assumed it deleted, created a new thread...and then you find it with very little effort.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:22 AM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: Eman77

I noticed all right. I'm guessing he feels silly that he tried to find it, could not, assumed it deleted, created a new thread...and then you find it with very little effort.
yeah, I was surprised that it wasn't a big conspiracy by horizon to hide his very valid complaints LOL!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:44 AM
redfisher1974

5 more stars for Dave....
Old 04-18-2011, 09:28 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

And one final thoght... Attacking a respected member of this fourm will gain you very little sympathy and may actually provide some insight into why you are having trouble resolving an issue with a company that most people find very accomodating.
Hey, stop calling ThunderbirdJunkie respected...he has a reputation to uphold[&:]

i have observed these forums and i (selfishly) really didn't want this thread to be about what happened to me. but i suppose since i posted in the first place, i'm kind of obliged to tell the story. ok, so:

i have always had problems with my ten-t battery and charger. doesn't stay charged and takes forever to charge. eventually the charger apparently finished the battery, sending it way out of balance, reading 3.75 and 4.23v in each cell respectively. i was unhappy about this especially given the poor performance of the battery/charger to begin with.

i emailed and horizon ignored my communication for well over a week. then, i finally got a call through to horizon after waiting on hold for probably 10-15 minutes. i tried briefly to explain my situation to a person named brian (he refused to give me his last name).
With somebody like you on the phone, ThunderbirdJunkie would refuse to give his last name, too.
not only would Brian not make things right with my battery, etc., but he also told me in a nutshell that: 1) i should have known better than to wait to call him (i started emailing the day the battery went bad), 2) he had no way to know that i was not LYING about what happened (''HOW CAN WE KNOW IT HAPPENED THE WAY YOU SAID IT DID?'' HOW CAN WE KNOW YOU DIDN'T RUN DOWN THE BATTERY RUNNING THE CAR TOO LONG?''), and 3) oddly, that i should know better than he about the charger that comes with the ten-t, and whether it balanced the cells (''since you SAY you used it so much'').
Considering you've already complained about two batteries from them, how does this guy know you're not just trying to get a third? Maybe you caught one of their reps on an off day, maybe you were being exceptionally rude...but your behavior here on RCU, silvermansteve, has indicated to us nothing bad about Horizon. You SHOULD have known better than to wait to call. Sure, you e-mailed. Big deal. If you're so educated, you are aware of the ways of corporate e-mail where LOTS of things get picked up by the spam filter. But, of course, you have to get your older sister to buy you booze, so that isn't a shocker.
after all this, brian refused my multiple requests for a supervisor, saying there was none for me to speak with, without giving me any option to escalate the call by any means, such as perhaps having a supervisor return my call.
And you didn't once consider trying to call back, get somebody else, and see if THEY could help you? If you weren't happy with Brian, why would you continue to talk to them?
anyway, the fact is, contractually speaking, losi/horizon doesn't have to do a damn thing if that's how they want to play it: they give a warranty, i was told today, that expires upon or immediately after delivery. anything that comes up afterward is not contractually covered. i know some other manufacturers do this too i do not like it however. i thought they might want to accommodate me regardless of the ''warranty,'' given my dismal experience with their truck and its inadequate battery and charger. but even if they won't accommodate me with a new battery, i didn't appreciate the sarcasm and attitude.
No, the warranty ends as soon as you use the truck. Given the extreme conditions these cars create for themselves, that should not be a shocker to anybody. If you fire it up the first time, and it goes wide open into a curb, whose fault is that? Yours, for not FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS. They cover defects only, and if you're a jerk, you'll be lucky to get THAT. They are not contractually obligated to give you ANYTHING.
please though, i just want to know if anybody else had a similar experience, and not to get mired down in debating the merits and demerits of the battery, charger or myself as a human being or rc operator. the guy was rude, even for me and i have to have a relatively thick skin because of my work background. so, i want to know if this is a recurring thing there, because i'm mad and franlky want to bring this to management's attention. i'd like a battery too, even if they don't have to give me one because the ten-t is not new anymore.
You haven't shown it here. All you've done is pretend to be educated while insulting and threatening people at 3AM on a Monday on the internet. Sure sounds like you've got a professional position where you're required to have a hell of an education, doesn't it?

i'm reviving this thread as i have more to add. i will be posting any more correspondence i get from horizon. i hope the other thread i started yesterday, titled need help from mods, dies. interested people can look here.
After showing your ass on the forum, there's no doubt in ThunderbirdJunkie's mind that you hope this thread dies.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 AM
The Hedgehog

Bump
Old 04-18-2011, 09:50 AM
redfisher1974

I think you beat him up enough guys[&:]
Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 AM
sloppyG

I'm still curious what the "new information" he wanted to add was
Old 04-18-2011, 10:01 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie just wants silvermansteve to "school" him. It sounds promising. Haven't had much happen lately[&:]
Old 04-18-2011, 10:03 AM
redfisher1974

It does sound like it would make a great debate.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Gooseman240

The Thunderbird Junkie just ate crappy forum post, and crapped silverman!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:29 AM
tommygun32

I blame it on the full moon.....[&:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.