Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

weedeater vs nitro

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:56 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: weedeater vs nitro

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Indeed, what I find 'fun' at any given moment is driven by fickle desires. I have 4 gassers 1 electric and currently 1 nitro (a mugen mbx5t prospec truggy), but I am about to lay out $1500 on a new 1/10th nitro TC setup cos I miss racing 1/10th on road nitro. I'll probably go back to the gassers again one day, but for now I want 40k rpm, 0-60 in 3 secs and unnaturally fast cornering on the limit of what my reflexes will allow me to accomplish.
I have 1 RC car...truck actually, 1/5 scale, with a 26 cc gassie. Bought from ebay for about 450$. had to pitch the radio for a Futaba on 2.4 gig, which cost another 125$. So for less than 600$ I got what I consider a lot of fun. Have had it for 4 years, abused the hell out it, then don't run it during the Winters.

In the spring, I change the batteries, gas it up, take it to the local ball field and, with it's one or two pull starts, I'm jumping the pitchers mound, run donuts on the infield and then chase the geese. After doing that for 1/2 hour, it's back to storage for another several months. Never have fiddled with adjusting anything on this thing. It's been a ton of fun, period, and it's there whenever I want. Somebody said something about TOYS for grown men. Well this is about as close to that definition as I could get.

When I want to work, I take out my competition airplanes.....that's work; and fun
Old 04-29-2011, 10:47 AM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Argess

ORIGINAL: DaveG55
TBJ, that sir, was very well said!
Well, not really. Although I agree with him, there's no need to get into name calling. I hope he's feeling OK.
I did not take TBJ's post as being directed at anyone personally. I thought it was a general statement and, as such, I do think it was well said.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Nitro Fumes

I have both a nitro car and a gas car. The nitro is a Losi XXX NT AD2 with an OS Max .12 TZ. My gas car is an HPI Baja 5b SS with a Zen engine. I have had FAR LESS aggravation from NITRO engines. I find them to be MUCH easier to deal with than gas engines. But I still have much more money into my HPI Baja 5b.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:41 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Toy cars are serious business! [&:]
Old 04-29-2011, 05:14 PM
warbird addict

thats rockin it old school never did manage to find top end in mine 4 I chickened out the thing screamed like a cat somebody was tryin to pull the arms off of!!!!!
Kenny would be proud to see they're still around

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Most fun. Screw both of the above.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:45 AM
g i joe

So the moral of the story is Different strokes for different folks!
Old 04-30-2011, 11:46 AM
g i joe

So the moral of the story is Different strokes for different folks!
Old 04-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL; I see you had the Puns in the oven warming.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:52 PM
electricrc68
Banned

i prefer diesel powered rc cars.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:11 PM
DarkFire989

I love my 1/5 scales. No hassle with the motors. Good stuff.....
Old 04-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

I get 45-50 minutes of runtime on my Baja 5B and have not had to tune it since I pulled it out of the box. It sounds better (had the cops called on me at my apartment complex) and just feels better to drive.

Plus like others have said I bought a gallon of nitro for $25 but a gallon of gasoline is only $4.xx.

Unless, as I am currently discovering , we were talking about nitro helicopters (which we are not). They seem to be so much simpler, yet more powerful than my nitro 8ight 2.0. I think I'd take a nitro heli over a gas one.