Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Selling RCs, How Much?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 03:36 PM
cooldriver385

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling RCs, How Much?

I'm pretty much done with this hobby now. So, how much can I get for: a fully working Stampede VXL, Mini Revo VXL, and Jato 3.3? I'm thinkin' 170 for Stampede and 150 for Mini Revo. And the Jato for 100?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:42 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Selling RCs, How Much?

depending on condition and if batts are included, sounds pretty reasonable to me.

i would ask a tad more for the jato if it runs, just cause you will get offers for less than what you ask.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:53 PM
electricrc68
Banned

oh man you're leaving. i would switch around the prices for the stampede and revo.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:17 PM
cooldriver385

Ya dude, this stuffs been frustrating me far too much. And ya I might rise the Jato a little bit. Yes they both come with a few lipos.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:57 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get $175 easy for the jato if its in nice condition. The other prices seem reasonable.

When in doubt, check ebay... then tack on $20 or $30 if selling on craigslist.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:07 AM
ArcticCatRider
My Feedback: (6)

Forget about the money you spent on the cars, and hobby.

Clean the cars, disconnect the batteries, make sure that everything that needs to be is lubricated, or protected with oil. Mothball them.

There's a good chance you will want these cars again sometime in the future. Don't be short sighted. I can't tell you how many guys I've met at the field who left the hobby, sold their stuff, only to buy it again when they get back into it. Don't spend the money twice...it's not like you're paying insurance on them, taking up spots in the garage, etc.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ArcticCatRider

Clean the cars, disconnect the batteries, make sure that everything that needs to be is lubricated, or protected with oil. Mothball them.

There's a good chance you will want these cars again sometime in the future. Don't be short sighted. I can't tell you how many guys I've met at the field who left the hobby, sold their stuff, only to buy it again when they get back into it. Don't spend the money twice...it's not like you're paying insurance on them, taking up spots in the garage, etc.
Agree seen so many people quit on the board to see them back a year later saying they regret selling them.

Only thing I would possible do is sell the batteries if he thinks he won't bother for a year or 2. Lets face it batteries can go bad if not properly maintained, and left to sit long periods. Also with how battery tech is evolving, and prices dropping he probably would be able to buy superior batteries later for how much he could sell his current for now.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:21 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll buy the Jato 3.3 for 100 bucks...
Old 05-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't agree more witht he poster saying to keep them, or at least one or 2 of them. I sold my racing touring car a while ago, along with all the paraphernalia needed for racing, setup tools, tire truer, etc. Now I want nothing more than to get back on the track only 2 years later. It's gonna cost me $2000, and you can bet I didn't get that for the car and all the kit when I sold it.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:05 AM
cooldriver385

Well I've decided I've still got some heart for this hobby. The Jato and Mini Revo are going strsight out the door though. I think I wanna keep the Stampede just to drive every now and again. Thanks guys for all your help through the months I was in. Although I will probably come back here snooping around since I've decided to keep the Pede. So I can run that at motocross races at the end of practice day. There'a a few kids who have an RC, so I'll still have one to drive. And the engine of the Jato has only seen about a gallon and a half. Has always been ran rich. Today I'm going to the hobby shop to get the parts I need to fix the cars, then off they go on Craigslist. IF I don't get any luck on there, I'll be glad to sell 'em to you guys.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:38 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: ArcticCatRider

x100

ThunderbirdJunkie has decreed he will no longer sell any RC's he buys new[8D]
Old 05-08-2011, 05:48 AM
OvalRacer99

With all the a** holes in this hobby, even if you give it away it will be to much.
Ask what you think it's worth to you and give them the choice of take it or leave it.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:46 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: OvalRacer99

With all the a** holes in this hobby, even if you give it away it will be to much.
Ask what you think it's worth to you and give them the choice of take it or leave it.

I agree 150%. There are low-ballers everywhere, dont let them get ya!