Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Most over used RC chassis?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Chucksolo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Most over used RC chassis?

Well, my point is that you can have the same chassis on multiple cars and stillget different handling characteristics on all of them by tweaking the suspension, gearing, etc. The 1/16th Revo for instance drives WAY differently than the 1/16th Slash. I don't really get your point Himmler. We all know you can change stuff on a single vehicle and get it to handle differently. I'm talking about different cars for different applications based on the same chassis, but not the same suspension or steering geomery orwheels, etc. Regardless of the same chassis, the cars are DIFFERENT.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:13 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

I can swap out shock oil, change diff fluids OR just move my shocks one hole on my Slash 4X4 and get a totally ninght n day different handling vehicle.......

Nuff said
thought that was called the pede 4X4
Old 05-18-2011, 04:37 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: Chucksolo69

Well, my point is that you can have the same chassis on multiple cars and still get different handling characteristics on all of them by tweaking the suspension, gearing, etc. The 1/16th Revo for instance drives WAY differently than the 1/16th Slash. I don't really get your point Himmler. We all know you can change stuff on a single vehicle and get it to handle differently. I'm talking about different cars for different applications based on the same chassis, but not the same suspension or steering geomery or wheels, etc. Regardless of the same chassis, the cars are DIFFERENT.
You can only do so much by just tweaking things. For example, Traxxas's 1/16 onroads are based on an offroad truck chassis and you can tell just by driving it. It doesn't have the handling of an actual onroad car.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Chucksolo69

Perhaps, but most of the people who buy these cars aren't going to care. No one is seriously going to race these things with dedicated racing sedans. The size alone would tell you that.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Chucksolo69

Too many people act like these cars should be lumped in with dedicated on road sedans. Most people are gonna bash these cars and that's it. That's what I do with them. I have fun with friends and family members. To us it's all about going out to the local park on a weekend afternoon and running these cars against each other. Nothing more involved than that. That is, I believe, where Traxxas aims to market these cars.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:01 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Nope, Ive got the Slash body on it

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

I can swap out shock oil, change diff fluids OR just move my shocks one hole on my Slash 4X4 and get a totally ninght n day different handling vehicle.......

Nuff said
thought that was called the pede 4X4