Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

TQ Racing poducts

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:38 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TQ Racing poducts

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-products.html

Bad news bears
Old 06-02-2011, 05:17 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TQ Racing poducts

Wow, sucks for that guy. Maybe he shouldn't buy Chinese knockoffs next time.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:11 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: proanti1

+1
People need to do a little research before buying from a company they've never heard of.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Scottgir

Sucks for which guy? I just read that whole thread and really have an issue with the Bubba guy who's the OP. It seems like the people at TQ Racing have made many attempts to contact the person who supposedly ACTUALLY got scammed and no return. This seems a lot more on the lines of Bubba having an axe to grind than anything else.

In regards to the "chinese knockoffs", welcome to EVERYONE in RC. How many "new ingenious ideas" are actually developed LOL. Every car is just a "retweaking" of a design from the 80's/early 90's with the exception being any changes to handle Lipos batteries in the chassis design.

Is the TQ a knockoff from Kyosho? Associated? Losi? Which one?

Old 06-02-2011, 06:30 AM
DaveG55

That thread is a complete crock of crap aimed at bashing that company. There was NEVER any credible follow up from the susposed agrieved party and I read the whole thing.
but the thing that troubled me through the whole read....
Why would a manager of a Hobbytown use a credit card to purchase ANYTHING for the buisness??? Every buisness I have ever owned and every buisness I have ever run or managed would open a line of credit with any supplier and if we thought it were for a one time only purchase we would issue a purchase order and/or cut a check.
And, to make it even more confusing, the way I read that was the store manager gave them his own card???? Again, what a crock, that is simply not done in buisness and certainly not by a mere manager!!!
Like I said, the whole thing is a crock that was intended to harm a company and I don't believe a word of it.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is not a crock o crap....One guy from TQ racing who goes by the name of Binky is known for pulling these sorts of scams......He has doen something very similar to a fuel company I deal with....
Old 06-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Scottgir

ORIGINAL: supertib

it is not a crock o crap....One guy from TQ racing who goes by the name of Binky is known for pulling these sorts of scams......He has doen something very similar to a fuel company I deal with....
Is this "Binky" still with TQ? Please don't offer conjecture as an answer either. Every company has had bad employees. We had a guy steal other peoples debit cards during work hours where I work. He was fired after he was caught. (and prosecuted)

That thread is a crock. An owner of Hobbytown would know how to handle such a situation and it would've never reached that level. Additionally, neither business would've wanted to be discussed so openly (hobbytown & TQ). This Bubba character seems to be the only person pushing the issue and he wasn't even the person wronged.

I'd love to see other smaller outfits like TQ succeed in this business. I hate seeing small businesses bashed and lose such a hard to gain foothold in an industry like RC.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:56 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Scottgir

ORIGINAL: supertib

Is this ''Binky'' still with TQ? Please don't offer conjecture as an answer either. Every company has had bad employees. We had a guy steal other peoples debit cards during work hours where I work. He was fired after he was caught. (and prosecuted)

That thread is a crock. An owner of Hobbytown would know how to handle such a situation and it would've never reached that level. Additionally, neither business would've wanted to be discussed so openly (hobbytown & TQ). This Bubba character seems to be the only person pushing the issue and he wasn't even the person wronged.

I'd love to see other smaller outfits like TQ succeed in this business. I hate seeing small businesses bashed and lose such a hard to gain foothold in an industry like RC.

From everything we know the guy is still with them...... I cant say much about the HobbyTown scam, but i can definitely say the fuel company I deal with is taking TQ to court for ripping them off on fuel......... Also there are several other stories that mirror this exact scam........... If you think its all hogwash then try buying a TQ product, make sure you use your credit card ! if you don't get scammed come back on here and tell us about it !
Old 06-02-2011, 07:30 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this ''Binky'' still with TQ? Please don't offer conjecture as an answer either. Every company has had bad employees. We had a guy steal other peoples debit cards during work hours where I work. He was fired after he was caught. (and prosecuted)
Agree I knew guy long ago that got caught selling thousands of stolen CC numbers(with matching names, and addresses) many years ago that worked at Blockbuster, and from what I understood he was doing it for quite some time. Once caught the guy was fired, arrested, and prosecuted.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:45 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks for which guy? I just read that whole thread and really have an issue with the Bubba guy who's the OP. It seems like the people at TQ Racing have made many attempts to contact the person who supposedly ACTUALLY got scammed and no return. This seems a lot more on the lines of Bubba having an axe to grind than anything else.

In regards to the ''chinese knockoffs'', welcome to EVERYONE in RC. How many ''new ingenious ideas'' are actually developed LOL. Every car is just a ''retweaking'' of a design from the 80's/early 90's with the exception being any changes to handle Lipos batteries in the chassis design.

Is the TQ a knockoff from Kyosho? Associated? Losi? Which one?

Uh, yeah... there was a thread about this a while back. TQ, Ansmann, and another company are marketing a Chinese model that is a clone of the 4th generation electric associated cars (b4, t4, etc). So yeah, its a clone of a current model.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:16 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Agree I knew guy long ago that got caught selling thousands of stolen CC numbers(with matching names, and addresses) many years ago that worked at Blockbuster, and from what I understood he was doing it for quite some time. Once caught the guy was fired, arrested, and prosecuted.
I may be mistaken, but in that thread, didn't someone mention that this particular person was a manager or something? It's kinda hard to fire your boss. Also, depending on if involved parties are willing to inform authorities or press charges, it is possible that this person could get away with it for quite a while.

Either way, this company's reputation is pretty much screwed regardless of who currently works there.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:34 AM
supertib

Binky is the owner of TQ racing.....he has a history of these sorts of scams.........Binky is still with TQ as he is the guy who owns it !
Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I may be mistaken, but in that thread, didn't someone mention that this particular person was a manager or something? It's kinda hard to fire your boss. Also, depending on if involved parties are willing to inform authorities or press charges, it is possible that this person could get away with it for quite a while.

Either way, this company's reputation is pretty much screwed regardless of who currently works there.
ahh I only made it through a page or 2 so I didn't catch that with all the back and forth arguments I kinda got tired of reading it.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Scottgir

Then I will say, shame on TQ Racing. It's a shame because every time you have a bad company, it turns people off from venturing into other newer brands.

I still have a problem with that specific post because the actually person who was "scammed" never did anything, supposedly. No credit card issues, no contacting of TQ Racing etc. It's just very odd and smells a little off. That said, maybe Bubba was scammed and is doing the old "I have a friend who..." routine.

In regards to the "knock off" claim. I see everyone saying it's an associated knock off and it's not even close to Associated....BUT then I compared it to Kyosho [:-]
Old 06-02-2011, 12:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Then I will say, shame on TQ Racing. It's a shame because every time you have a bad company, it turns people off from venturing into other newer brands.

I still have a problem with that specific post because the actually person who was ''scammed'' never did anything, supposedly. No credit card issues, no contacting of TQ Racing etc. It's just very odd and smells a little off. That said, maybe Bubba was scammed and is doing the old ''I have a friend who...'' routine.

In regards to the ''knock off'' claim. I see everyone saying it's an associated knock off and it's not even close to Associated....BUT then I compared it to Kyosho [:-]
yea that is why I stopped reading aon page 2 seemed a little weird
if you had a lot of fradulent charges wouldn't you contact the CC company? from how it sounds the guy whos card was charged did nothing
Old 06-02-2011, 01:14 PM
DaveG55

I still say the thread is a crock.
TQ may, or may not, be as it's critics say. I don't know and don't care. I would not buy from them anyway. I don't mind new companies but I do like them to build a bit of a track record first.
As I said, my problem with the thread has much more to do with the inconsistancies and unbuisnesslike way the susposed transaction was handled - start to finish.
In my opinion, if you're going to complain about someone or something, you had better have your facts straight and not a hint of lie or exeraction or I don't believe a word of it
And that's my problem here, too much smells like a lie or embellishment.
So I don't believe it!