Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

how do i get the rust off?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:11 PM
micro guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i get the rust off?

Ok so i made the mistake of not oiling down my screws. bolts, etc on my slash 4x4 when i was running it in the snow. What could i use to soak them it that will take the rust off? Would WD-40 work? i'm not too sure now i use jig-a-loo when im done running my traxxas's in snow and water, that helps prevent more rust, it just doesn't take it off.

Please help!

Thanks

micro guy
Old 06-03-2011, 01:19 AM
lez1troubles

Default RE: how do i get the rust off?

A steel brush and a bit of petrol should do wonderes.
Just leave the screws in petrol for 2 hours and then scrub them off with the steel brush.
Have fun.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:43 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Evaporust. You can get it at most motorcycle and auto shops. Just soaks the parts in it for a short while.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:21 AM
stevenwilliams

I'd just pop into your local auto center and get some vehicle rust remover. The one i've used in the past is a green gell containing Phosphoric acid. You just put it onto the rusted area and it converts the rust into Ferric Phosphate. you can either leave this in place or remove with a wire brush.

The benefit of this is if you don't get it all off it does not matter as the rust has gone. The alternative of removing the rust by hand is you may leave some on the screws and it will just spread and look bad again in a few weeks.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:34 AM
sloppyG

I'd call traxxass and complain, that thing's supposed to be waterproof
Old 06-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Evaporust. You can get it at most motorcycle and auto shops. Just soaks the parts in it for a short while.
Do what he said. evaporust is non toxic and will wipe the rust off of any thing. Its good stuff.
Ive seen people soak steel wheels that are covered in rust and when there done there nice and silver agian.