Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

got a brushless e savage!

Old 08-12-2011, 01:28 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default got a brushless e savage!

so i picked up a cheap, lightly used e savage.
then, i put the ezrun 80amp 1/8 system from the redcat earthquake i had in it.

its a nice combo. the stock driveshafts are the only real weak point, and i have found a mod to fix that.

the 80amp system on 4s with its 2350kv motor hits 45-50mph and stays nice and cool.

and has enough torque for a standing backflip!

i call it my MINI FLUX.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Ducat1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: got a brushless e savage!

Nice. Get some steel drive shafts I have them for my savage x and they work great I'm thinking about getting a. Brushless savage. How much did u pay for it
Old 08-12-2011, 05:14 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Ducat1

Nice. Get some steel drive shafts I have them for my savage x and they work great I'm thinking about getting a. Brushless savage. How much did u pay for it
the e savage doesnt share as much with the nitro savage as you would think. i know some have modified the outputs to except the dogbones of the nitros.
what im doing, it to use 2 male ends, with a piece of female inbetween. the stock shafts usually snap on the female end. so, you put a screw on the inside(cause they are hallow) and use appoxy to hold it in.

i paid $140 for the savage RTR.
then i sold the ESC and motors for 60, and the batts and charger(stock ones) for $40,
the ESC and motor i got from my redcat, but you can get the system online for just over $100
then i added a $17 RPM front bumper, and made a custom metal rear skid plate.

its a really cool truck for what i have into it.

i did just have to buy a new set of tires, i blew a front tire apart!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Ducat1

Yea I don't like my nitro savage too many problems with the motor. What tires did you have on them dirbonz
Old 08-12-2011, 06:31 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Ducat1

Yea I don't like my nitro savage too many problems with the motor. What tires did you have on them dirbonz
i had the stock tires. i picked up a full set of unused stock tires off ebay for replacements. i wanted to get some beafier tires, but i got the whole set of stock ones on rims for $35 shipped. couldnt pass up that.
plus, the stock ones work fairly well on all surface types. and i do drive on pavement a fair bit.

the hard part on my upgrade was gearing. i had to find a 32 pitch 5mm shaft gear that was tall enough for the low KV motor i have. the e savage has a huge 60+ tooth spur. so i ended up with a 25 tooth gear. thats pretty big for a 32 pitch gear.

the flux has a smaller spur, and thus a 18-20tooth gear works with that truck.

i plan on driving my MINI FLUX until next febuary, when i will just buy the flux 2350. even tho my e savage is close in speed/power, the real flux is bigger and wider. that will help handling and just plain look cooler.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:56 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I have an E-Savage right now, but its supposed to be sold. Just waiting on the money. Its a really fun ( and quick ) truck even with the stock motors on Lipo power. The driveline isnt real strong though. You will break the differentials in pretty short order doing standing backflips. The truck itself is very strong and nimble though. [8D] I kinda would have liked to have kept mine, but I dont really need it.

As for the shafts, the way you have it will work fine; but the 3906 traxxas e-maxx shafts are stronger as well so just keep that in mind if you start breaking them[8D] Also, if you havent yet, check out www.e-savage.com. Lots of great info on the e-savage over there. Ill post a picture of mine when i get home later. Lets see pictures of yours!