Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Big Mistake

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 09:16 AM
stoya789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big Mistake

ORIGINAL: Chucksolo69

Jeez guys, expecially Never Enough, you are comparing these guys to small children. These are not children, these are MEN. Don't you guys get it, a MAN should respect another MAN's property. They were told ONCE, that should have been enough. I'm sorry people, but when I was 19 I was no longer living with my parents, was going to college AND had a full time job and I respected other's property. Sadly to say, of the three of thoseguys only my nephew has a job. The only thing I am guilty of is thinking that a 19 year old is a MAN.............I guess with this generation, you have to be 35 and no longer living with Mommy and Daddy to be considered a MAN. And I suppose it was ok for them just to leave without even offering to help me clean up.........another sign of advanced MANHOOD..........sheesh.
interesting, so what does a MAN's kitchen look like? i think i have an idea...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuJD1-1e-i4[/youtube]

Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 AM
DanMN

My son is 10 y/o and so are most of his friends. I let them drive my VXL slash and a few of my TA 18T's that are Castle monsters. If they are respectful of them, I will let them drive my MGT 8. I am always there keeping them in check and I am not driving anything, just watching. If they do something that is out of hand, I take the trans back from them. Sometimes they will hit something and soemthing breaks. It happens, even when I am driving. I wouldn't just give cars to some people, even relatives to run and let them go crazy. I would have put an end to it right then and there. Why didn't you stop them after the first accident? These things can hurt people if they don't respect them.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Chucksolo69

Cheezer, no, it isn't just my memory of how things were.Almost all of the guys and girls I knew back then, inlcuding me, couldn't wait to get out of the family home and live on our own. As soon as we were out of high school, our parents said, "OK, now it's time to pay rent." We were outta there in a hurry, let me tell you.Now you have 18-25 year old "children" still living at home sucking at Mommy and Daddy's teat. I see it every day. These "kids" spend a lot of time locked in a room playing video games, then come out to eat and go back in. They get up at noon and all day is spent lazing around video gaming and texting their friends. It's hard to get these "kids" to take out the trash or cut the lawn without some whining lament from the young leech. The young man/woman who has a job, buys their own car and insurance, and is independent of their parents, is a rare sight these days. I know one young man who is constantly asking his parents for money to take out his girlfriend. You are right in one thing though, it is the PARENT's fault. I blame the crap notion that parents these days don't want their "kids" to go through the same things they did. All I can say is that parents should teach these "kids" to live in the real world and not coddle them until they are 40.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Never Enough Toys
My Feedback: (11)

Your right the 19 year is a man.You told him once and it didn't work RIGHT?Tell him a second time is YOU being a MAN and him acting like a child.If he can't grasp what you ask end it right then and there.To use you as an example if I may I explain how I treat my rc and I excpect the same from you as a loner and you ignore me rest assured I will speak up.Now as men we should be in normal circumstances good and lets run em. You turn around and do the excact same thing again! Buddy me being a MAN I will end this now!I will not tolerate somebody abusing my property or my kindness of sharing and NOT stand there and be a P**** and let you do again and again.Do see what I mean .True going back at my post and yes it was more children sounding but I was referring also that the 19 year old adult was still the child mentally. As adult to adult you being your property nip that in the bud then and there.If you have to treat him like a child at 19 for what he did do so.I have been there and my case worked.Later it sank in and we have a blast running now.He is 18 and has yet to get his own car and still uses mine.What I also ask Is a lot of The "generation bs" is blame game.Maybe they have never been around it and most certainly does not know what is invested.That is where us as hobbyists can try to help them in the right direction.
Just for fun fact I am trying not to give up on my own father who is 61.He can't drive rc worth a crap.He hits every rock and spends more time offroad than on the whole parking lot( it is an old 2wd TL01).So I know there is plenty of breakage to come yet has yet to happen even after a 3 foot nose jump off a rock.. I have to admit his T bone tries while I am running vintage bodies,hence we run junker/basher bodies only.

cumquat +1 Too true.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:11 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My friends are much more considerate when I hand them the transmitter. I actually have to egg them into doing donuts.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:32 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Shows the attitudes of kids nowdays, if it isn't their's and they don't have to pay for repairs, who cares.
I think kids are a product of the enviorment they are raised. My son was flying a 1500 dollar heli when he was 7 and a 10,000 dollar turbine jet when he was 9. At 14 he still has a ton of respect for these aircraft and treats them with the greatest respect even though I pay for them and make every repair (he flies the snot out of them too boot!).

Frankly, you should have gone upside thier heads when the mayhem ensued...but that just not have the general public operates these days. A good smack to the back of the head goes a long way if you ask me....
Old 06-14-2011, 12:45 PM
FahrtAutoRC

There would have been issues if I was in his shoes. Who knows tho, maybe he is just the little guy outnumbered by a bunch of bullies of sorts and got to scared to say something
Old 06-14-2011, 07:34 PM
gsoav8r
My Feedback: (6)

Last year on the 4th I went to a big family event and took my electric RC truck so the 6 or so kids I knew would be there could have some fun with it. My truck isnt a speed demon by comparison but I knew up front none of my relatives, minus my bro, have any RC experience. So before getting there I reduced the ATV of the throttle to slow the truck by like 60%. Boring to drive for me, yes, but the kids didnt know the difference. My enjoyment came from watching the kids have a great time with it. Nice for me that they were not destroying my truck and nice for everyone else that they were not taking out anyones shins and ankles. The only person that was wise to my game was my brother. He asked what I had done to slow the thing down.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:22 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Cheezer, no, it isn't just my memory of how things were.Almost all of the guys and girls I knew back then, inlcuding me, couldn't wait to get out of the family home and live on our own.
Oops. Still the same, but if you want to go on believing that everybody was perfect, crime didn't exist, and unicorns still roamed the earth then that's fine with me.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:18 AM
stoya789

biggg misstake,[:@] i lent my pals sum toyz and dey busted dem up golly,  thos guise are men gosh darn it, they shuld know bettrrrr. [:@]shame on those darn rascals for bustin up my hobbie parts.. i never everr take a chance like dis again,[:@] i shore learnt my lessoon.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:28 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Chances are, your LiPo is still good, simply zap it back to life by charging it in NiMh mode with your charger and the cells should bump back up to 3.0V/cell within 30 seconds, then finish the charge back off in LiPo mode... if the cells drop below 1.5V/cell for longer than 2 weeks, then you risk forming copper shunts inside the cells which can cause a short and/or fire. That is the only reason they have the 3.0V safety limit on LiPo batteries.

Happy R/Cing!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Chucksolo69

Yeah, I wll do that, thanks for the advice about the LIPO. Methinks Cheezer is an 18 to 35 year old that still lives with his parents and has no job!!! LOL!!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Chucksolo69

Oh, and Stoya..........................I don't think there are enough people in ND to lend stuff to; so how would you know? Sounds like you're one of those 18-35 year olds too!!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Foxy

What I find annoying about the event is the lack of appreciation or remorse for having broken them. No 'thank you, do you need any help with repairs' is something you should tell their parents, with a bend on 'how did you raise your chiildren like this?'. I realise you said they were family and therefore the parents may be close family making this diplomatically impossible, but next time they ask you to let their kids play with cars, tell them no, and tell them why. Let them think about what they would do. Bad parenting is rife, and sad.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:50 AM
stoya789

Oh, and Stoya..........................I don't think there are enough people in ND to lend stuff to; so how would you know? Sounds like you're one of those 18-35 year olds too!!!!

relax bud, i was just kiddin around. its all good.

hey, how come you decided to get all those 1/16 cars/trucks anyway? don't they just sit and collect dust since you got a losi Ten T? or maybe you run them when the losi breaks!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Chucksolo69

No, actually I take them all to the park and run them and usually end the session running the Ten T. I bought my first 1/16th, the Boss 302 because I currently own a 2011 Mustang and I liked the look. After seeing how fast it was, I purchased the MERV and then the Mini Slash. I liked them so much I ordered the Rally through my LHS. To be fair, I have run these cars with other buddies who treated them well, but when we run them, especially the on road cars, we set up a one way oval with small soccer cones and have a great time NASCAR style. We have run all 4 this way and it is just a kick. Despite the difference in tires, the MERV usually wins because it spins out way less frequently than the other 3. I bought my Ten T because I missed nitro. Having had A T-Maxx, Nitro 4-Tec and Nitro Rustler in the past, I just missed the smell and sound. I did a lot of research before I bought it and liked the fact that it was basically a shrunken down 8T;  if you look at it closely, it has just about every upgrade that Losi offers. The one thing that really sold me though was the radio. Wow, this radio rocks. The telemetry feature is awesome. The radio itself accounts for just about half of the entire price of the kit. I really like Traxxas cars, but I have to admit, Losi sure got the 10 T right. No, I haven't broken anything on the 10 T because I know how to drive it fast. I usually run it only on the dirt and grass in a very large area, so even a traction roll doesn't do much harm. Sorry about the ND comment. I'll bet you guys have awesome places to run in ND. Here in SoCal and in N. San Diego County where I live, it is getting awefully hard to find a parking lot or park where you can run without someone getting pissed off at you; especially nitro. Construction sites are usually guarded 24/7 and going to them quickly invites a prompt call to the police. Anyway, thanks all for your responses to this thread, I like the insight of others.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:33 PM
stoya789

if i  ever got one of those 1/16 trucks it would be the revo or the summit... maybe a slash. yeah definitely a mini revo... it looks so... cute. ya the ten T is awesome the remote start is a nice touch. I like losi a lot, their 8ight buggy/truggy looks awesome, I can't really decide between the buggy or truggy... i'm torn between the two...

and ya the spektrum is an awesome radio, i used to have a spektrum dx7 for my helis, but i sold it along with my helis when i lost interest. i guess i was a bit like you, i had lost interest in the hobby, sold all my stuff. i just recently got back into it.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM
bill_delong

ORIGINAL: stoya789

if i ever got one of those 1/16 trucks it would be the revo or the summit... maybe a slash. yeah definitely a mini revo... it looks so... cute. ya the ten T is awesome the remote start is a nice touch. I like losi a lot, their 8ight buggy/truggy looks awesome, I can't really decide between the buggy or truggy... i'm torn between the two...

and ya the spektrum is an awesome radio, i used to have a spektrum dx7 for my helis, but i sold it along with my helis when i lost interest. i guess i was a bit like you, i had lost interest in the hobby, sold all my stuff. i just recently got back into it.
I recently bought an Animus 18SC at HobbyTownUSA for $99 RTR including a 2.4Ghz radio + 6S-NiMh + Charger, so far it is blowing away my Associated SC18's!

Here are some videos that I've made and I am currently working on a full review [link=http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126001]here[/link]...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AqD51qe_BA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cVBBmy7LwA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqKuar2qPP0[/youtube]
Old 06-15-2011, 04:18 PM
stoya789

wow, you could get like 3 of those for the price of one mini revo. it looks OK i guess, i've never heard of that brand (animus) before.it seems like you definitely did a good review of it, with videos too. i wonder how hard it is to find spare parts...
Old 06-15-2011, 04:28 PM
bill_delong

I don't have any stock in the company, so I'm not going to sugar coat anything, I tried to keep everything real as possible in the review (full video review coming in a couple weeks) but I think the Animus is going to be a huge hit with fantastic parts support. The manufacturer is already responding to my posts on the review thread and things are looking very promising for the brand which will soon be releasing other value priced cars.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:29 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

wow, you could get like 3 of those for the price of one mini revo. it looks OK i guess, i've never heard of that brand (animus) before.it seems like you definitely did a good review of it, with videos too. i wonder how hard it is to find spare parts...
Gil Losi Jr (If you don't recognize the name, WELCOME TO THE HOBBY! This must be your first day!) worked on that truck.

It's actually pretty stout.

ThunderbirdJunkie still hates 1/18 scale stuff, but it is what it is.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Gil Losi Jr (If you don't recognize the name, WELCOME TO THE HOBBY! This must be your first day!)
[&:] Who? I've been in the hobby for a few years and have no idea who that is...
Old 06-15-2011, 08:46 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

That's funny [&:]
Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 PM

No, seriously, who is he? I honestly don't know and I've been doing hobby-grade stuff since 04 or so.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:49 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

He was instrumental in the engineering of the original RC10, and he designed the JRX/JRX2...note the last name....LOSI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.