Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Big Mistake

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:33 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big Mistake

ORIGINAL: stoya789

lol mudflaps... r u kidding me?
All of the GOOD short course trucks come with them. Jealous?
Old 06-16-2011, 09:40 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

It's a TOY CAR, dude, scratches are par for the course.
agree replacing bodies, and repainting new ones is half the fun once one is destroyed

Hell my slash 4X4 during its test run I slammed it into a fence, and put a good bend in the body, and a gigantic scratch in the windshield (drove it too far could barely see it [:@])
Am I mad not really I've had bodies last me years (My MT2 is on its 1st), and bodies last me a few minutes (my flux from flipping)
It all comes with the game
Old 06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
stoya789

am i jealous... pfft... whyy yes, yes i am. i want little tazmanian devils on mine. and a little bumper stick taht says eat my dust.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:42 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the RC hobby.

Anytime I let someone drive my cars, they get broken. It is inevitable. Well, except for the Grasshopper. Thing is, do I want to be a cranky old geezer who doesn't share, or do I want to spread the fun and more importantly spread the hobby? I choose the latter of the two.

Sure, a lot of people won't pony up any cash when they break it. But some people do, and some people are just careful. I have a longtime friend who wasn't even driving, but he drunkenly stepped on one of my cars, ruining the body. He still hasn't paid me back for that. On the other hand I let a random kid at a friends cookout drive my Stampede and he blasted a curb, his dad asked how much the repair would cost and when I said I guessed about $10, he gave me a $20. Then I have another friend who is notorious for breaking stuff, yet when he drives my car's he's more respectful of my property than anyone else I know.

What I do now is hand people a 2 stick and a Grasshopper. For some reason, inexperienced people seem to handle a 2 stick better. And the Grasshopper, as primitive as it is, handles crashes extremely well. If they handle that alright, I'll let them use a pistol with a faster model. And remember some speed controllers and radios have limiters that can be set. Dialing the speed back a bit will help prevent newbie breakage.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:22 PM
psb667

your a bagel.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:53 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

Welcome to the RC hobby.

Anytime I let someone drive my cars, they get broken. It is inevitable. Well, except for the Grasshopper. Thing is, do I want to be a cranky old geezer who doesn't share, or do I want to spread the fun and more importantly spread the hobby? I choose the latter of the two.

Sure, a lot of people won't pony up any cash when they break it. But some people do, and some people are just careful. I have a longtime friend who wasn't even driving, but he drunkenly stepped on one of my cars, ruining the body. He still hasn't paid me back for that. On the other hand I let a random kid at a friends cookout drive my Stampede and he blasted a curb, his dad asked how much the repair would cost and when I said I guessed about $10, he gave me a $20. Then I have another friend who is notorious for breaking stuff, yet when he drives my car's he's more respectful of my property than anyone else I know.

What I do now is hand people a 2 stick and a Grasshopper. For some reason, inexperienced people seem to handle a 2 stick better. And the Grasshopper, as primitive as it is, handles crashes extremely well. If they handle that alright, I'll let them use a pistol with a faster model. And remember some speed controllers and radios have limiters that can be set. Dialing the speed back a bit will help prevent newbie breakage.
forza, nfs, gran turismo, nascar, mario cart, ridge racer and extreme g (n64). what do they all have in common? joysticks!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:54 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: psb667

your a bagel.
and you're an apple! or are you an orange?

Old 06-17-2011, 07:59 PM
psb667

thats a fruity question.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: psb667

your a bagel.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:47 PM
psb667

Dont panic. I simply imply that this hobby has risks taking your family out and discovering that they will break your toys is one of them.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:40 PM
mechanizeddeath

ORIGINAL: cumquat

forza, nfs, gran turismo, nascar, mario cart, ridge racer and extreme g (n64). what do they all have in common? joysticks!
That's kind of what I was getting at. After observing people struggling with my pistol radios I started handing them the 2 stick, and had far fewer incidents with curbs. I still have to explain how brakes work, but I don't have to explain how the trigger and wheel move the model. Much more intuitive I guess!