Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

anyone have and use this servo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 03:35 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have and use this servo?

if you do, does it work fine for you?

http://www.hobbypartz.com/50gexidised1.html
Old 06-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: anyone have and use this servo?

Wow, that's cheap and nasty.

Aside from the 0.2 transit time O.o I wouldn't touch it with a long stick.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:23 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Meh, it's only ten bucks, get it and report back with your findings
Old 06-21-2011, 04:32 PM
electricrc68
Banned

ORIGINAL: Foxy

well i don't have the money to afford anything insanely priced

Old 06-21-2011, 05:53 PM
fasterrcs

i have one of them in my brushless ofna gtp is a great servo for the price you wont find a better one for under 40.00. the name brand servo i have in the car before would not hold a line and would be hard to keep in a line on fast turns but this one does well
Old 06-21-2011, 06:48 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

well i don't have the money to afford anything insanely priced [img][/img]

Then how will you afford to replace three servos?
For $40, the Spektrum S6000 is far superior, and will suck far less.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=SPMSS6000
Old 06-21-2011, 07:00 PM
electricrc68
Banned

well i heard of a different one. heard this was a better servo.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:02 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

You're better off sticking with whatever stock Traxxas servo you had.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:42 PM
fasterrcs

Surprise another review on a product Thunderbirdjunky has never tried I guess he can just look at a pic and know how much better something is then another. I heard it said once and i guess i will say it this time if you have no experience with a product you should not post 20008 post of half truths and conjecture .
Old 06-21-2011, 07:45 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie has one in his Slayer, your argument is invalid.

The .15 transit time is grossly exaggerated.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Foxy

Electricrc68, I realise money is an issue, it is for all of us, but its a matter of knowing when to spend and when to save... a little reminder... Your servo is the last link in the chain that gives you control over your RC car. If your servo fails, more often than not, the repair cost does not stop at replacement of the servo. If you lose control of the car due to a servo failure, you are going to be kicking yourself for not spending a little more.

I say this over and over... Don't skimp on radio gear. Recievers, transmitters and servos are what provide you with control over your vehicle. Every dollar spent in this area is very well spent. Skimp on tires, skimp on bearings, even skimp on motors if you want, they aren't ever going to cost you control of the car (directly anyway), but not radio gear.

As for cheap servos that can put out 100oz-in...there aren't any. I strongly recommend to anyone, that this is as cheap as they go for a steering servo...this is the bottom of the pile of usable servos in my opinion.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Servo-S-JR-Z
Old 06-22-2011, 04:20 AM
electricrc68
Banned

okay thanks guys.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:16 PM
fasterrcs

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Guess i will need to see a pic of your slayer with the servo installed to believe you other wise your just blowing smoke
Old 06-22-2011, 06:35 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: fasterrcs

Guess i will need to see a pic of your slayer with the servo installed to believe you other wise your just blowing smoke
If you don't believe ThunderbirdJunkie only paid $15 for a servo for a $50 truck that he has a grand total of $120 in, then that's on you, homeboy. ThunderbirdJunkie likes his high end stuff, but he also is a cheapskate.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:39 PM
electricrc68
Banned

yea actually i would like to see it too. TBJ, just like you would say the FS-GT2 isn't a good radio, well people have used that with success. maybe fasterrcs used the cheapo servo with success. you can keep paying more than you need to, but i won't.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Karontu

yea actually i would like to see it too. TBJ, just like you would say the FS-GT2 isn't a good radio, well people have used that with success. maybe fasterrcs used the cheapo servo with success. you can keep paying more than you need to, but i won't.

he never said you had to, he simply stated that in his opinion you would be better off spending more, don't as for opinions if you don't want them

Old 06-22-2011, 06:57 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie has servos and radios and cars older than you. This servo underperforms things with lower ratings. If you want ThunderbirdJunkie to actually go through the trouble of digging his truck out of the pile of cars that rarely get driven, take a picture of the servo, simply to post it here because some pleb doesn't believe ThunderbirdJunkie actually gave some of this junk a TRY it's really not worth the effort. ThunderbirdJunkie owns servos that cost more than your Bandit is worth, but nobody calls him out on that. ThunderbirdJunkie is the cheapest cheapskate that has ever walked the planet; if he could get a reliable, good-performing servo for 10, 15, 20, even 40 dollars, he'd buy that and nothing BUT that.

The fact that you cheap-stuff elitists continue to revel in the fact that you're "saving money" because "you don't need that" and continually blast those of us who CHOOSE to buy QUALITY stuff that is NOT made in third world countries because we don't like CRAP speaks a lot of your insecurities.

The reality of it is, ThunderbirdJunkie usually pays the same (or sometimes less) for his high-end stuff than you guys do for your crap.

For example; a ThunderPower 40C 3200 battery, a Tekin RS Pro, and a Tekin 13.5 for $100. What would you pay for a Hobbywing XERun 60a (not that it's comparable), an XErun 13.5, and a Gens Ace battery of similar specs?

More than $100.

If you continue to disbelieve ThunderbirdJunkie's cheapness, that's fine. He has nothing to prove to you guys.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:07 PM
electricrc68
Banned

okay well thanks TBJ for your suggestion. i believe you many, many times but when it comes to cheap stuff like this, i can't believe that you would touch one. thanks though.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:23 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

The problem is your definition of "works good" and ThunderbirdJunkie's are polar opposites.

To most of you, if it barely performs the function that was intended, then it's "Good enough".

So, if this servo dies in a week, what are you going to do, buy another one?

This is the same argument that was posted a week ago regarding ThunderbirdJunkie's penchant for overkill on a Jeep board.

ThunderbirdJunkie puts load range E (and the next set will be kevlar belted) tires on his Jeep.
Is it because his Jeep weighs 10,000 pounds? No.

He had a $150 steering servo in his 1/8 buggy.
Is it because the buggy NEEDS 480 oz in of torque to steer it? No.

He has a 900w power supply in his computer with 5 year old specs.
Is it because it draws that much power? No.

The fact of the matter is, while you guys may be ok with stuff stopping working simply because it's "cheap and works good enough", ThunderbirdJunkie hates his equipment to STOP WORKING while he's using it.

He wheels his Jeep where there are sharp rocks present. He doesn't want to have to change a tire on the trail, and then go buy another tire.

He is often up late at night writing a paper for school. The last thing he needs is a computer issue making his paper late.

Have YOU ever tried to drive a car with a steering servo on its last legs? No? Well, it effing sucks, and that's why ThunderbirdJunkie is MORE than OK to run with $80+ servos. Mind you, the Airtronics 94358 in ThunderbirdJunkie's RC10B4.1 Factory Team was purchased in like 2001? or 2002. He's only had the B4.1 FT since December or so. It still steers the buggy with authority...just like it did the T-maxx it was originally purchased for.

ThunderbirdJunkie has tried all kinds of stuff since he got back into electric...Hobbyking batteries and ESCs and motors, Hobbywing ESCs/motors (still have a 13t/35a combo in the F103GT), Tekin, Castle, Novak...

If you don't like ThunderbirdJunkie buying expensive stuff because he's owned all the rest of the CRAP, that's fine. It's ThunderbirdJunkie's meager paycheck being spent, not yours, and ThunderbirdJunkie works far too hard for his money to blow it all on cheap junk. ThunderbirdJunkie does not spend $300 on a motor/speed control for his health. He's had everything from the old cheap Chinese copies of the Futaba MC330R up to the Tekin RS Pro and soon probably a Viper VTX10R/8.5 combo for his B4.1 (which is still running a $130 Novak speed control that's probably older than you, electricrc68).

If your argument is that you can't afford it...just remember to ask yourself if you can afford to replace the new one twice? If your argument is "I don't want to waste an extra $30 on this higher quality servo", do you want to waste $30 on the cheap one's next 3 replacements?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Karontu

very well put TBJ, i'd quote you but no point in making that long post double.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:47 AM
Moontan13

Electricrc68, I realise money is an issue, it is for all of us, but don't skimp on radio gear. Recievers, transmitters and servos are what provide you with control over your vehicle. Every dollar spent in this area is very well spent. Skimp on tires, skimp on bearings, even skimp on motors if you want, they aren't ever going to cost you control of the car (directly anyway), but not radio gear.
I disagree. For the price of one Futaba Rx, I got an HK radio and two extra recievers. They work great. Same for the Turnigy servos I use. I really can't justify the cost of "name brand" anymore, especiallysince it probably all comes from the same Chinese factory anyway.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:13 AM
Moontan13

If your argument is "I don't want to waste an extra $30 on this higher quality servo", do you want to waste $30 on the cheap one's next 3 replacements?
I'll be the first to let you know if that happens. I got these Turnigy 1501MG servos for $12 each and put one each on my SC10 and LNC. I'm very very pleased with the improved turning and hope they last awhile. All my RC stuff is 1 year old or less.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9617
Old 06-23-2011, 05:20 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: Moontan13

Electricrc68, I realise money is an issue, it is for all of us, but don't skimp on radio gear. Recievers, transmitters and servos are what provide you with control over your vehicle. Every dollar spent in this area is very well spent. Skimp on tires, skimp on bearings, even skimp on motors if you want, they aren't ever going to cost you control of the car (directly anyway), but not radio gear.
I disagree.
As is your right.

I don't skimp on the things that allow me to retain control of my vehicle. Call it principle. I'm in the hobby 26 years by the way, so I have a fair amount of experience with both cheap and good stuff. My experience in this area has taught me what's important, and yours probably will too one day.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:40 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Servos, serious business!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:34 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Moontan13

I disagree. For the price of one Futaba Rx, I got an HK radio and two extra recievers. They work great. Same for the Turnigy servos I use. I really can't justify the cost of ''name brand'' anymore, especially since it probably all comes from the same Chinese factory anyway.
If you honestly believe they all come from the same factory, you're misinformed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.