RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The Tire Thread!

Old 06-23-2011, 02:37 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default The Tire Thread!

Lets shoot for a sticky. it is simple- name your tire/wheel/foam choice, the vehicle it is on, and theuse (bashing/racing)and what YOU have found it works best on.

This goes for on-road, off-road, drift, ice/snow, sand, whatever!

Slash 4X4 (Racing)

ProLine Split Six wheels
M3 compound foams
full-tread ProLine BowTies

Best on: Loamy/loose surfaces

ProLine Split Six wheels
M3 compound foams
full-tread ProLine Calibers

Best on: hard packed clay, damp-dry with loose surface

JConcepts Rulux wheels
ProLine V3 1/8 buggy inserts
Hot Bodies Beams

Best on: Hard-packed, damp tacky clay
Old 06-23-2011, 04:05 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: The Tire Thread!

Car: Associated NTC3

Tire: Tamiya Rally-Block

Wheel: HPI black D-ring 0mm offset

Foam: N/A, these tires do not need one. Stiff sidewalls. this is a good thing, however, as they're designed for off-road use.

Ideal surface: The dirt between the bases in a baseball diamond. A bit loose, but at the same time it's not entirely dust.

Works on: Any dirt, very very fine gravel, mud, snow

Does not work on: Pavement. They're a very hard compound and they don't have much tread contacting a hard surface, so they tend to slide a lot. This does mean they make excellent practice tires if the goal of your practice is learning better car control. Also does not work well on gravel due to overall bounciness.

Other notes: They don't hardly wear at all. The only wear on mine is the shoulders of the tread blocks getting rounded off on the body. They're an excellent tire to bash with, they're great if you need to brush up on your car control as they slide a LOT on pavement and do not wear, but unless you plan on racing around a baseball field they're probably not the best tires to take to a track. Also, because they don't use foams, they don't pick up and retain water very well. This does make them bouncy, though. Lastly they don't like to clear bumpers, and you'll have to trim a few MM out of your fenderwells lest they rub. I just shrugged it off and let them fit themselves onto the car, but it's up to you.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:10 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Panther T300 Step Pin ST tires

Another lost thread resurrected .

Step Pins have come and gone from all but one manufacturer. Panther has picked up where Losi, Associated, and Pro-Line left off. I am sure there were others out there that were making similar tread for different types of platforms.

Panther...you guys are awesome!

If you got stadium trucks to bash around, and dirt to run on, the Panther T300 Step Pin ST tires should be on your "To Do" list!

Just one lap on backyard track with the Panther tires on my stadium truck, and I was so thrilled to have traction. So much traction I have a bit of understeer issue now. That's a lot better than fishtailing every other second. If I can get 20 or so packs out of the tread, then it's all good.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tires-231-500x500.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	2233993  
Old 11-26-2017, 04:29 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Praise Panther Tires

I had gone to every place imaginable looking for the T300 Step Pins. I could only acquire seven pairs from Omni Models, and Nitro Hobbies. After going into a Panther tire purchasing frenzy, I contacted Panther and asked the team there if they were going to discontinue the Step Pins ST tread since every online hobby shop is out of them. They got back to me with just one little statement...."None of our tires are going to be discontinued. Name:  smiley-laughing.gif
Views: 120
Size:  344 Bytes".

Sweetness!
Old 11-18-2018, 05:26 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Panther T300 Step Pins

I went to place a big order of the Panther T300 Step Pins to keep up with need of a future 4wd ST... something like "Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock!" showed up in shopping cart . I adjusted the shopping cart quantity to 1 pair of the Step Pins, and still got the same message as before.

Bummer for me. Looks like the 4wd stadium truck will be taken off the wishlist now. Talk about a buzzkill.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:22 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

While looking for tires, I popped back in at Panther's site...to my surprise the T300 Step Pins are back in stock! For me, it's a bit late as I have already shifted my stadium truck tire usage plan. In my mind, Panther has dropped the ball on potential holiday sales. Meh. All in all, it's a great tire choice for dirt. I'm tired of worrying about where my great off-road tires can be found. I'll keep them in mind when my supply runs low.