Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Im thinking

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:08 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Im thinking

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

I'm sure Ttam would have mentioned that if he weren't so busy blindly firing shots at the rampage.

As usual this thread has become an excuse to bash redcat products. I'm surprised nobody has made this thread a perfect stereotype by jumping in and talking about how overpriced Traxxas products are.
Hmmmm?
I'm not sure I understand the question
Old 08-12-2011, 12:37 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bring the discussion back on track please, or I can lock the thread.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Chucksolo69

If I were into Monster Trucks, the Revo would surely be on my list. My last T-Maxx was an excellent truck and I think the Revo is probably twice as good. I don't get the "ditch the EZ Start" advice. Heck, I would prefer the EZ Start to a pull start any day. The only thing better would be if Traxxas somehow incorporated a way to start the engine via the transmitter ala Losi.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:29 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Chucksolo69

If I were into Monster Trucks, the Revo would surely be on my list. My last T-Maxx was an excellent truck and I think the Revo is probably twice as good. I don't get the ''ditch the EZ Start'' advice. Heck, I would prefer the EZ Start to a pull start any day. The only thing better would be if Traxxas somehow incorporated a way to start the engine via the transmitter ala Losi.
I believe you can use the ROSS system with the EZ-Start... you would just need a 4 channel transmitter since the Revo needs the 3rd channel for reverse. Maybe switch to the 4channel TQ system? You would also have to upgrade the receiver pack to lipo.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Chucksolo69

I have the Ten T with the R.O.S.S. and it is absolutely fantastic. That is and the fact that the Ten T is bullet proof and is upgraded to the max is what sold me on it over any other truck. I was planning on getting a Traxxas Slayer Pro, until I saw the Ten T in action.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:51 AM
jermpool

K, one thing I was thinking about is getting revo roller off ebay and spending bout 200 on an engine. Although if I do get new my last nitro was a jato 3.3 and I don't mind the ez start, i know I DO NOT want another 2.5, that was my first nitro on a t maxx, hated that engine. As far as the redcat goes, I never plan on buying one. I don't think I'll ever go cheaper brand than traxxas. Most of my purchases have been Losi, Associated, Traxxas, and HPI. I'll probably stick with these.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 AM
proanti1

Don't waste your money on a Jato. Its strictly an on road truck... and is still hard to control.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:03 PM
jermpool

ORIGINAL: jermpool

my last nitro was a jato 3.3 and I don't mind the ez start,
Uhh.....my LAST nitro WAS a jato, I sold it cause I didn't care for it. So I seriously doubt I will buy another one. Thank you for your concern though
Old 08-12-2011, 11:59 PM
meef rustler

I agree with xerxes, I would get the red cat rampage x-sc. Just get new servos and you will be fine. People just make generalizations about redcat.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:26 AM
TIGER76

LOL redcat same quality as HPI

redcats are a cheap way to get into 1/5 that i understand but thinking the quality is the same

Go for the revo OP great trcuck tuff as nails loads of hopups and mods too
Old 08-13-2011, 01:30 AM
TIGER76

People just make generalizations about redcat.
Not all the time tbh m8
ive been out bashing countless times with 1/5s and seen alot of redcats not make the journey back home in one piece.
Anyone saying it can take the punishment of a hpi baja either hasnt ran both or hasnt got a clue
Old 08-13-2011, 10:14 AM
silvermansteve

i was going to get a revo 3.3. i already have a 4-tec and jato. instead i got a tamiya 801xt truggy with a dynamyte 24 engine for $300. add a $50 receiver and switch, and $100 in servos (maybe less!), and cheap truggy tires and a pipe from integy ($50 or less w/discount), and you really have something. then if you want, later, get one fancier servo for steering, aka or other tires, and a fancy os or italian engine if you desire. i figure this outclasses a stock revo for knocking around.... oh you'll need a starter box....