Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Big Joes on my Savage XL

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Joes on my Savage XL

I'm looking at getting Big Joes from my LHS tomorrow, Will these cause any problems in my transmission, diffs or steering servo? They didn't feel that much heavier than the Zombie Maxxs that I have on it but I really don't want to be replacing gears every run.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:22 PM
nitroexpress

Default RE: Big Joes on my Savage XL

Any of these oversized tires will stress the driveline. The Zombies work better.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:47 PM
thehuntingterminator

yes, it is going to put extra strain on the driveline, but then again Savages are known for their durability so i wouldn't worry too much.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

yes, it is going to put extra strain on the driveline, but then again Savages are known for their durability so i wouldn't worry too much.
Well, I think that I am going to get them, but if I get the tires, rims, and glue at my LHS it will cost me around $130 (and I suck at glueing tires). I found them on Pro-lines website, pre-mounted, for $89 with free shipping. As for extra strain, I was looking at them at the store and they don't seem much heavier than the Zombies that I have now.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Sigma.40

I ended up finding a 15% discount code for Proline's website so that put them pre-mountedfor $75 shipped. Couldn't pass it up. I think they will help alot at the place I normally run at (20-30ft dirt and rock piles). Plus I think that they will make the XL look bad-a**.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:57 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ITBJHO tires that big are about useless. Truggy tires are your best bet if you don't run on pavement. Otherwise the Zombie Maxxes are probably your best option.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Sigma.40

Its all a moot point now anyway. Just got an email from Proline saying thatBig Joesare on back-order for an unknown amount of time. As I am a somewhat impatient person I will probably just cancel my order.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Kylar
My Feedback: (42)

Not sure whats up with the guys against 40 series wheels, but i think anything smaller looks kinda funny on bigger monster trucks like the Savage XL and the Losi XXL, Summit, etc. I've used Moabs, Mashers and Big Joes without any issues on my trucks.
IMO the Zombie max if they are the smaller 3.2" size will look small on a Savage XL.

I read your post about the Big Joes being back ordered, and I actually have a set of brand new BigJoes with Tek 5 wheelsi might sell if interested.