Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Venom Procharger Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:08 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom Procharger Help

So my buddy bought a 2s lipo and a venom pro-charger the other day. he has been reading the directions and cannot figure out how to charge the lipo. I tried it and i thought i had it but when he went to run it, the battery was still dead. can anyone explain a more simple way or a specific detailed way to use this charger for a lipo? there are a lot of buttons and options lol.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:23 PM
thehuntingterminator

Default RE: Venom Procharger Help

this may help, or not, lol. www.youtube.com/watch
Old 11-15-2011, 08:08 PM
cumminspower5.9

Well i will try it like that next time my buddy has it. I did pretty much the same thing, but when i hold it and it goes to checking the battery, the next screen comes up and i hit start, and the charger resets itself.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:34 PM
nitroade

Anything displayed on the screen when it resets? Are you actually waiting for the charger to change screens after checking the battery before you press enter again? If so, the charger never actually goes into charge mode. You just need to press enter while it is in the checking phase.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: nitroade

Anything displayed on the screen when it resets? Are you actually waiting for the charger to change screens after checking the battery before you press enter again? If so, the charger never actually goes into charge mode. You just need to press enter while it is in the checking phase.
When it resets, it just says 2s lipo, 7.4v. the charger checks the battery, comes up with the 2ser on the left and right of the screen, and has the option to cancel or start charge. i press enter to start charge and it goes to the nest screen to show the time and voltage, and it shuts off literally after 1 second on that screen and resets. my buddy is taking it to the LHS to see if they can help him. he said he followed the video and it still shuts off. is it possible it is a bad charger? for the price of it i would expect it to be a decent charger.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Ttowntoolman

When I first went to Lipo's I bought this charger, it blew up almost right away, did not even get to peak one pack with it. Venom has great customer service and took care of my issue imeadiatly. I bought the charger from tower BUT they sent a credit to my local hobby store to replace it for me at no charge. My hobby store took the credit and let me pay the difference for a GOOD charger when I brought the blown up one in to them. I bought an ICE from them with the credit I got from Venom. Good luck with yours, dont be afraid to call Venom customer service, they will hook you up!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:11 PM
nitroade

I'd try charging the lipo on another charger just to rule out a connection break of some sort within the batt that is tripping the charger failsafe. If it charges on another charger, call Venom for warranty; they are pretty easy to deal with.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:14 AM
cumminspower5.9

lol we dont have another charger. he's going to take it to the LHS where he bought it to see if they can get it to work or replace it with a different one. he might have to wait for me cause he is on the low end of the totem pole with the know how for this hobby. till he gets there, nothing i can do. so if he wants to run his flux, i suggest he get there quick lol. thanks guys
Old 11-17-2011, 01:58 PM
cumminspower5.9

Well my buddy said he tried to charge the battery on the storage option i guess. he said it was working as well as balancing the cells. what do you guys think about that?
Old 11-23-2011, 08:57 AM
thehuntingterminator

storage option is probably only gonna charge the pack to about 1/2 its capacity. so, i would recommend just taking it back if at all posibble or just finding some way to get a new one. with all the issues you've had with it i wouldn't trust it at all to charge a lipo that can blowup if not charged properly. don't take a chance and burn down your house, get this. cheap but works great. solid aluminum casing, multi-chemistry function, and always works, lol.
ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Well my buddy said he tried to charge the battery on the storage option i guess. he said it was working as well as balancing the cells. what do you guys think about that?