Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

See how the name is XO-1. Meaning eXperts Only number one. I am thinking that there is going to be more. like XO-2 and XO-3.
    The superior person uses his mind like a mirror: it accepts all, it reflects all, It recieves, but it does not keep.

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think you're right. I think there will be other classes in the XO series eventually. Imagine a slightly oversized Revo that could take 8S. [&:]
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

More electric junk. Surprise surprise. At least trx's radios look better.
    Electric is the bees knees today man. nitro is slowly fading out of the picture. 100mph tho? i'll believe it when i see the radar gun. it looks sleek though. nicely engineered.
    It's the bees knees for those that want to drop $1100 on the car, plus whatever for a set of lipos and a charger, plus an iPhone or iPod touch, plus whatever else you really need to get those speeds. Not to mention, being an onroad, you have limited running space unless you have a vacant mall parking lot to run on.

I'm sure it will sell, but IMO, it's a swing and a miss for what is realistic.

This is all very true. I wouldn't recommend buying it uness you atleast 1) have the money, and 2) the ipod/iphone. without the ipod/iphone, you wont get too 100mph, so at that point i would say the car should only sell for probably $600. It comes with the lipo batteries tough, not sure about a charger. Don't get me wrong, my first rc was a traxxas. But i would never buy this. Watking Glen Raceway is the only closest track But if anyone wants to spend this kind of money on this, be my guest. But a vxl traxxas on a 3s lipo will easilykeep right up with it no problem for a third of the price.
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep
    T-Maxx 2.5

Do you figure there will be a pc and/or android app after a while? I can't imagine them purposely limiting themselves to only iphone/ipod users. Not that I am really in the market for a 600 to 1100 rc . . .
    Let's go Pens!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Swing...and a miss!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kistner

Do you figure there will be a pc and/or android app after a while? I can't imagine them purposely limiting themselves to only iphone/ipod users. Not that I am really in the market for a 600 to 1100 rc . . .
    seeing it uses an iPhone dock connector on the radio itself unless you physically, and software wise hack the living crap out of your android device no way in hell.

BTW its now $100 more last I looked on tower they raised it to $1199
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

C'mon, you know how Tower lists new releases[&:]

They probably got a bunch of preorders so they're trying to milk an extra Benjamin out of the late early adopters
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

C'mon, you know how Tower lists new releases[&:]

They probably got a bunch of preorders so they're trying to milk an extra Benjamin out of the late early adopters
    maybe this is how they get paid for the sunk spartan!!
    all those returns and burnt motors and speed controls... [:-]
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Inferno GT​2 - RS4 2 - APEXmini touring - Baja 5T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I STILL want to know why they bothered with the damn foam bumper.... I can only see it negatively affecting the aerodynamics of the front end. Its not like normal cars where its gonna do a damn thing. Seriously am I the only person who thinks its stupid to even bother putting it on, or making a space for it? Specially since the chassis extends past it in every pic

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I STILL want to know why they bothered with the damn foam bumper.... I can only see it negatively affecting the aerodynamics of the front end. Its not like normal cars where its gonna do a damn thing. Seriously am I the only person who thinks its stupid to even bother putting it on, or making a space for it? Specially since the chassis extends past it in every pic
    Keeps the body from deforming at high speeds.
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Keeps the body from deforming at high speeds.
    hmm for that shouldn't it be a custom shape that mimics the body? it looks like a standard foam bumper. Also from the pics it looks like the body meets the front of the chassis almost perfectly where as the foam bumper looks a bit back. Might be right just hard to tell from what is shown

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dammm that this is sick, I WANT ONE.

Dont see how u guys can hate this...
    well i suppose there are allways haters, meh i would like to see them do better
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e, River Hobby X-Ranger

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im going to pick one up. Iv been waiting for something like this for a while.
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
    Slash 1/16 - DB-01 - TT-01 - RC18B and a Super Cub!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like Tower dropped the price.. $1149.99.. [:'(][:'(][:'(]

I'm still going to pass on it.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Dammm that this is sick, I WANT ONE.

Dont see how u guys can hate this...
    well i suppose there are allways haters, meh i would like to see them do better
    Uhm??
    if you follow and read what others have posted you will see they are giving opinions [:-]
    unreal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the phone thing is more a deal with Apple than anything else. IT would be trivial to extend that functionality to android, as well as PC via USB cord for people who don't have a smartphone at all. Can't knock TRX for knowing their fanbase though, I reckon the majority of their customers have iOS devices.

I imagine it's pretty trivial to pop a different ESC on there though. What I'd like to see is a nitro conversion, if the drivetrain can handle a BL motor capable of 100MPH it can handle a big block, and honest to god I'll give 30MPH up in exchange for that sweet 40,000RPM song.
    My stash:
    1 rally modded NTC3, 1 HeliMax Axe CX Nano, 1 Hobbico NexSTAR.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 378

I think the phone thing is more a deal with Apple than anything else. IT would be trivial to extend that functionality to android, as well as PC via USB cord for people who don't have a smartphone at all. Can't knock TRX for knowing their fanbase though, I reckon the majority of their customers have iOS devices.

I imagine it's pretty trivial to pop a different ESC on there though. What I'd like to see is a nitro conversion, if the drivetrain can handle a BL motor capable of 100MPH it can handle a big block, and honest to god I'll give 30MPH up in exchange for that sweet 40,000RPM song.
    +10 on that. Notice they call the "stock motor" a "Big Block BL motor"? I wonder if this is whats supposed to fill the shoes of what would-be a Big Block glow engine.

GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+10 on that. Notice they call the ''stock motor'' a ''Big Block BL motor''? I wonder if this is whats supposed to fill the shoes of what would-be a Big Block glow engine.

I think the CC1717 motor is equall to a .50-.60 size nitro... [:-]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ipod touches are not that expensive...... If you can't afford one then this isn't the car for you.

That being said I'm not going to be a first adopter. Ill wait til they sort out the kinks
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
    Slash 1/16 - DB-01 - TT-01 - RC18B and a Super Cub!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: srt10

+10 on that. Notice they call the ''stock motor'' a ''Big Block BL motor''? I wonder if this is whats supposed to fill the shoes of what would-be a Big Block glow engine.

I would think it would have to be bigger than that. a .50 is roughly 8cc and .61 is about 10cc. I would think a 1/7th scale car would use something in the realm of 15-20cc (.90-1.20)

I think the 1/5th scale baja has a 26cc stock which is what... 1.4 cu. in. or so.. So yeah.. by scale, I would think a .75 or .90 would be it. But I dont care to learn what electric motor size correlates to what glow/gas engine it would replace since I doubt they will release this car with a internal combustion engine. I will say the CC1717 is a big motor though.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just what we needed, another jato like car that no doubt stupid kids of stupid rich parents will buy, brag then smash it into a lamp post[&o]

stupid stupid stupid.
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well the guessing is over (obviously) for what Traxxas was planning, but how about the guessing on first parts to be on the upgrade market?

My guess:

Some form of shock absorbing super bumper from integy,

A programming card or device loaded with just the app you need for around $150, for less tech-advanced users, or those of us who refuse to buy an Iphone (or any smart phone), with profit sharing going directly to Apple [&:]
    Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

More electric junk. Surprise surprise. At least trx's radios look better.
    Electric is the bees knees today man. nitro is slowly fading out of the picture. 100mph tho? i'll believe it when i see the radar gun. it looks sleek though. nicely engineered.
    It's the bees knees for those that want to drop $1100 on the car, plus whatever for a set of lipos and a charger, plus an iPhone or iPod touch, plus whatever else you really need to get those speeds. Not to mention, being an onroad, you have limited running space unless you have a vacant mall parking lot to run on.

I'm sure it will sell, but IMO, it's a swing and a miss for what is realistic.

are you saying you DO NOT have and iphone or itouch? WOW must have spent all your money on nitro!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: srt10

I would think it would have to be bigger than that. a .50 is roughly 8cc and .61 is about 10cc. I would think a 1/7th scale car would use something in the realm of 15-20cc (.90-1.20)

I think the 1/5th scale baja has a 26cc stock which is what... 1.4 cu. in. or so.. So yeah.. by scale, I would think a .75 or .90 would be it. But I dont care to learn what electric motor size correlates to what glow/gas engine it would replace since I doubt they will release this car with a internal combustion engine. I will say the CC1717 is a big motor though.
    No that's not how its works.. but that's ok bro!
    The CC1717 air motor is equal to a .50 size nitro for the T-rex 600
    I have two of those and they gots some HP!
    I'm thinking of doing a SAW boat running a CC1717 motor on 8s!
    And I have one for a sport 40 (7.5cc) nitro Hydro on 5-6s for mid 60's to 70mph
    Yeah baby!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast