RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Reply
Old 11-30-2011, 10:57 PM
  #51
rustler5700
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 55
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

See how the name is XO-1. Meaning eXperts Only number one. I am thinking that there is going to be more. like XO-2 and XO-3.
rustler5700 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 AM
  #52
Foxy
Moderator
 
Foxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
Posts: 18,082
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

I think you're right. I think there will be other classes in the XO series eventually. Imagine a slightly oversized Revo that could take 8S. [&:]
Foxy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:01 AM
  #53
cumminspower5.9
 
cumminspower5.9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: horseheads, NY
Posts: 2,643
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r


Quote:
ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

More electric junk. Surprise surprise. At least trx's radios look better.
Electric is the bees knees today man. nitro is slowly fading out of the picture. 100mph tho? i'll believe it when i see the radar gun. it looks sleek though. nicely engineered.
It's the bees knees for those that want to drop $1100 on the car, plus whatever for a set of lipos and a charger, plus an iPhone or iPod touch, plus whatever else you really need to get those speeds. Not to mention, being an onroad, you have limited running space unless you have a vacant mall parking lot to run on.

I'm sure it will sell, but IMO, it's a swing and a miss for what is realistic.

This is all very true. I wouldn't recommend buying it uness you atleast 1) have the money, and 2) the ipod/iphone. without the ipod/iphone, you wont get too 100mph, so at that point i would say the car should only sell for probably $600. It comes with the lipo batteries tough, not sure about a charger. Don't get me wrong, my first rc was a traxxas. But i would never buy this. Watking Glen Raceway is the only closest track But if anyone wants to spend this kind of money on this, be my guest. But a vxl traxxas on a 3s lipo will easilykeep right up with it no problem for a third of the price.
cumminspower5.9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 AM
  #54
kistner
 
kistner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Beaver, PA
Posts: 1,574
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Do you figure there will be a pc and/or android app after a while? I can't imagine them purposely limiting themselves to only iphone/ipod users. Not that I am really in the market for a 600 to 1100 rc . . .
kistner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:23 AM
  #55
skippy7399
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 219
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Swing...and a miss!!!
skippy7399 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:52 AM
  #56
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,761
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: kistner

Do you figure there will be a pc and/or android app after a while? I can't imagine them purposely limiting themselves to only iphone/ipod users. Not that I am really in the market for a 600 to 1100 rc . . .
seeing it uses an iPhone dock connector on the radio itself unless you physically, and software wise hack the living crap out of your android device no way in hell.

BTW its now $100 more last I looked on tower they raised it to $1199
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:59 AM
  #57
ThunderbirdJunkie
 
ThunderbirdJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwood, OH
Posts: 22,101
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

BTW its now $100 more last I looked on tower they raised it to $1199
C'mon, you know how Tower lists new releases[&:]

They probably got a bunch of preorders so they're trying to milk an extra Benjamin out of the late early adopters
ThunderbirdJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 AM
  #58
srt10
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 5,969
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

BTW its now $100 more last I looked on tower they raised it to $1199
C'mon, you know how Tower lists new releases[&:]

They probably got a bunch of preorders so they're trying to milk an extra Benjamin out of the late early adopters
maybe this is how they get paid for the sunk spartan!!
all those returns and burnt motors and speed controls... [:-]
srt10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:27 AM
  #59
On2_n_On4
 
On2_n_On4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 734
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

http://youtu.be/sbeEMerJYWk
On2_n_On4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:48 AM
  #60
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,761
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

I STILL want to know why they bothered with the damn foam bumper.... I can only see it negatively affecting the aerodynamics of the front end. Its not like normal cars where its gonna do a damn thing. Seriously am I the only person who thinks its stupid to even bother putting it on, or making a space for it? Specially since the chassis extends past it in every pic
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:57 AM
  #61
ThunderbirdJunkie
 
ThunderbirdJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwood, OH
Posts: 22,101
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I STILL want to know why they bothered with the damn foam bumper.... I can only see it negatively affecting the aerodynamics of the front end. Its not like normal cars where its gonna do a damn thing. Seriously am I the only person who thinks its stupid to even bother putting it on, or making a space for it? Specially since the chassis extends past it in every pic
Keeps the body from deforming at high speeds.
ThunderbirdJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:00 AM
  #62
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,761
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I STILL want to know why they bothered with the damn foam bumper.... I can only see it negatively affecting the aerodynamics of the front end. Its not like normal cars where its gonna do a damn thing. Seriously am I the only person who thinks its stupid to even bother putting it on, or making a space for it? Specially since the chassis extends past it in every pic
Keeps the body from deforming at high speeds.
hmm for that shouldn't it be a custom shape that mimics the body? it looks like a standard foam bumper. Also from the pics it looks like the body meets the front of the chassis almost perfectly where as the foam bumper looks a bit back. Might be right just hard to tell from what is shown
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:39 PM
  #63
phmaximus
 
phmaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,554
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Dammm that this is sick, I WANT ONE.

Dont see how u guys can hate this...
well i suppose there are allways haters, meh i would like to see them do better
phmaximus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
  #64
Ttam Says Blarg
 
Ttam Says Blarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA
Posts: 5,819
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Im going to pick one up. Iv been waiting for something like this for a while.
Ttam Says Blarg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:38 PM
  #65
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 8,761
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Looks like Tower dropped the price.. $1149.99.. [:'(][:'(][:'(]

I'm still going to pass on it.
1QwkSport2.5r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:55 PM
  #66
srt10
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 5,969
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Dammm that this is sick, I WANT ONE.

Dont see how u guys can hate this...
well i suppose there are allways haters, meh i would like to see them do better
Uhm??
if you follow and read what others have posted you will see they are giving opinions [:-]
unreal
srt10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:13 PM
  #67
378
 
378's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 2,774
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

I think the phone thing is more a deal with Apple than anything else. IT would be trivial to extend that functionality to android, as well as PC via USB cord for people who don't have a smartphone at all. Can't knock TRX for knowing their fanbase though, I reckon the majority of their customers have iOS devices.


I imagine it's pretty trivial to pop a different ESC on there though. What I'd like to see is a nitro conversion, if the drivetrain can handle a BL motor capable of 100MPH it can handle a big block, and honest to god I'll give 30MPH up in exchange for that sweet 40,000RPM song.
378 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:23 PM
  #68
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 8,761
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 378

I think the phone thing is more a deal with Apple than anything else. IT would be trivial to extend that functionality to android, as well as PC via USB cord for people who don't have a smartphone at all. Can't knock TRX for knowing their fanbase though, I reckon the majority of their customers have iOS devices.


I imagine it's pretty trivial to pop a different ESC on there though. What I'd like to see is a nitro conversion, if the drivetrain can handle a BL motor capable of 100MPH it can handle a big block, and honest to god I'll give 30MPH up in exchange for that sweet 40,000RPM song.
+10 on that. Notice they call the "stock motor" a "Big Block BL motor"? I wonder if this is whats supposed to fill the shoes of what would-be a Big Block glow engine.

1QwkSport2.5r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:28 PM
  #69
srt10
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 5,969
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 378

I think the phone thing is more a deal with Apple than anything else. IT would be trivial to extend that functionality to android, as well as PC via USB cord for people who don't have a smartphone at all. Can't knock TRX for knowing their fanbase though, I reckon the majority of their customers have iOS devices.


I imagine it's pretty trivial to pop a different ESC on there though. What I'd like to see is a nitro conversion, if the drivetrain can handle a BL motor capable of 100MPH it can handle a big block, and honest to god I'll give 30MPH up in exchange for that sweet 40,000RPM song.
+10 on that. Notice they call the ''stock motor'' a ''Big Block BL motor''? I wonder if this is whats supposed to fill the shoes of what would-be a Big Block glow engine.


I think the CC1717 motor is equall to a .50-.60 size nitro... [:-]
srt10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
  #70
Ttam Says Blarg
 
Ttam Says Blarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA
Posts: 5,819
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Ipod touches are not that expensive...... If you can't afford one then this isn't the car for you.

That being said I'm not going to be a first adopter. Ill wait til they sort out the kinks
Ttam Says Blarg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:13 PM
  #71
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 8,761
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: srt10


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 378

I think the phone thing is more a deal with Apple than anything else. IT would be trivial to extend that functionality to android, as well as PC via USB cord for people who don't have a smartphone at all. Can't knock TRX for knowing their fanbase though, I reckon the majority of their customers have iOS devices.


I imagine it's pretty trivial to pop a different ESC on there though. What I'd like to see is a nitro conversion, if the drivetrain can handle a BL motor capable of 100MPH it can handle a big block, and honest to god I'll give 30MPH up in exchange for that sweet 40,000RPM song.
+10 on that. Notice they call the ''stock motor'' a ''Big Block BL motor''? I wonder if this is whats supposed to fill the shoes of what would-be a Big Block glow engine.


I think the CC1717 motor is equall to a .50-.60 size nitro... [:-]
I would think it would have to be bigger than that. a .50 is roughly 8cc and .61 is about 10cc. I would think a 1/7th scale car would use something in the realm of 15-20cc (.90-1.20)

I think the 1/5th scale baja has a 26cc stock which is what... 1.4 cu. in. or so.. So yeah.. by scale, I would think a .75 or .90 would be it. But I dont care to learn what electric motor size correlates to what glow/gas engine it would replace since I doubt they will release this car with a internal combustion engine. I will say the CC1717 is a big motor though.
1QwkSport2.5r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:45 PM
  #72
The_Shark
 
The_Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 7,163
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

just what we needed, another jato like car that no doubt stupid kids of stupid rich parents will buy, brag then smash it into a lamp post[&o]

stupid stupid stupid.
The_Shark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:00 PM
  #73
FahrtAutoRC
 
FahrtAutoRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 2,604
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Well the guessing is over (obviously) for what Traxxas was planning, but how about the guessing on first parts to be on the upgrade market?


My guess:

Some form of shock absorbing super bumper from integy,

A programming card or device loaded with just the app you need for around $150, for less tech-advanced users, or those of us who refuse to buy an Iphone (or any smart phone), with profit sharing going directly to Apple [&:]
FahrtAutoRC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:05 PM
  #74
hobby_man
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 540
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r


Quote:
ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

More electric junk. Surprise surprise. At least trx's radios look better.
Electric is the bees knees today man. nitro is slowly fading out of the picture. 100mph tho? i'll believe it when i see the radar gun. it looks sleek though. nicely engineered.
It's the bees knees for those that want to drop $1100 on the car, plus whatever for a set of lipos and a charger, plus an iPhone or iPod touch, plus whatever else you really need to get those speeds. Not to mention, being an onroad, you have limited running space unless you have a vacant mall parking lot to run on.

I'm sure it will sell, but IMO, it's a swing and a miss for what is realistic.


are you saying you DO NOT have and iphone or itouch? WOW must have spent all your money on nitro!
hobby_man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:56 PM
  #75
srt10
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 5,969
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Traxxas's Nov. 30 release.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

Quote:
ORIGINAL: srt10


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 378

I think the phone thing is more a deal with Apple than anything else. IT would be trivial to extend that functionality to android, as well as PC via USB cord for people who don't have a smartphone at all. Can't knock TRX for knowing their fanbase though, I reckon the majority of their customers have iOS devices.


I imagine it's pretty trivial to pop a different ESC on there though. What I'd like to see is a nitro conversion, if the drivetrain can handle a BL motor capable of 100MPH it can handle a big block, and honest to god I'll give 30MPH up in exchange for that sweet 40,000RPM song.
+10 on that. Notice they call the ''stock motor'' a ''Big Block BL motor''? I wonder if this is whats supposed to fill the shoes of what would-be a Big Block glow engine.


I think the CC1717 motor is equall to a .50-.60 size nitro... [:-]
I would think it would have to be bigger than that. a .50 is roughly 8cc and .61 is about 10cc. I would think a 1/7th scale car would use something in the realm of 15-20cc (.90-1.20)

I think the 1/5th scale baja has a 26cc stock which is what... 1.4 cu. in. or so.. So yeah.. by scale, I would think a .75 or .90 would be it. But I dont care to learn what electric motor size correlates to what glow/gas engine it would replace since I doubt they will release this car with a internal combustion engine. I will say the CC1717 is a big motor though.
No that's not how its works.. but that's ok bro!
The CC1717 air motor is equal to a .50 size nitro for the T-rex 600
I have two of those and they gots some HP!
I'm thinking of doing a SAW boat running a CC1717 motor on 8s!
And I have one for a sport 40 (7.5cc) nitro Hydro on 5-6s for mid 60's to 70mph
Yeah baby!
srt10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:07 AM.