Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

plz dont bash me

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:43 AM
BOBBY30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plz dont bash me

Hello i would like to interduce my self my name is bobby.Im here to get some help im new to the rc world i have maybe a halfhour use on the rc's.im looking for a rc to learn the controls on.i did read the sticky on this.But im not sure where to start can some one tell me a good 1st rc to use i have a budget of $250.00 dollers but would like to spend less.plz.plz.plz.dont bash me over this

Old 01-07-2012, 11:24 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: plz dont bash me

no reason to be scared

ok now what size do you want 1/10th, 1/12th, 1/14th, 1/16th, 1/18th, or 1/32

electric(battery), or nitro(fuel)? (will say you won't find many good nitros in the budget you set so that is probably out)

2wd, or 4wd?

On road, or off road?

If you are unsure tell us where you plan on running it, and we can generally come up with a idea.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:46 AM
BOBBY30

hello syco venom what size would you recomend for me just starting out and this will be used on the road and in my driveway witch is gravel and maybe grass thx for the help.and if you can point me in a place to buy one

Old 01-07-2012, 01:18 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

These are the ones I would choose from if I were you.

Electrix Circuit

http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetai...ium-Truck-Gray

Duratrax Evader

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXAAMW**&P=FR

Traxxas Rustler

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXNJH9**&P=FR

Associated T4 brushless

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXYYD9**&P=ML

I would reccomend something along these lines. The Rustler and the T4.1 will be the best of the bunch. The T4 is actually brushless which is much better in the long run, and with the stock gearing the T4.1 shouldnt be too hard to learn on. The Rustler will probably be the most durable, but doesent handle as well. If you dont want to spend the money on the rustler or T4.1, the Evader or Circuit are a great budget setup, especially if you are just learning to drive. The evader has a 1 year warranty on all the plastic parts, and they will basically warranty anything on the truck for a year if you have the receipt.

Eric
Old 01-07-2012, 02:40 PM
DaveG55

First, welcome to the hobby and RCU.
Second, you are getting good suggestions on what and where to buy your first R/C vehicle.
Third, I'm not bashing you but I am going to ask that you type in a legible way. Please use proper capitalization and punctuation and spelling. You are on a site that that does not restrict how many letters or words you can use and as such, text speak is not necessary. You will find that most people on here try to communicate clearly and, if you do the same, we will be better able to answer your questions and provide the help a newb needs.
Thanks in advance for that and, once again, welcome.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:49 PM
jermpool

if you have a local hobby shop check with them to see what they have parts for. That way when you break something you can pick up your parts locally without having to wait for them to be delivered. I would go with a 2wd 1/10 scale. My first was a Traxxas Rustler. I am now an Associated fan. Haven't had a Duratrax or Electrix but have heard good things about them. This one comes with a great radio http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...z-Black-Orange
Old 01-07-2012, 02:51 PM
jermpool

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

First, welcome to the hobby and RCU.
Second, you are getting good suggestions on what and where to buy your first R/C vehicle.
Third, I'm not bashing you but I am going to ask that you type in a legible way. Please use proper capitalization and punctuation and spelling. You are on a site that that does not restrict how many letters or words you can use and as such, text speak is not necessary. You will find that most people on here try to communicate clearly and, if you do the same, we will be better able to answer your questions and provide the help a newb needs.
Thanks in advance for that and, once again, welcome.
What was not legible here, he didn't space between sentences and abbreviated please to plz. I have seen much worse on here.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:08 PM
DaveG55

I have seen worse as well. And again, I'm not bashing him. But I found his two posts difficult to read. When I have to read something 2 or 3 times to get the full meaning then there is no harm in pointing that out. Heck, read every response, including yours, and they are well written. Asking that the OP do the same is not wrong or disrespectful. And will, in fact, make his questions more easily understood.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:56 PM
xerxes

1st thing he asks is not 2 b bashd, & jus lyk clockwork, he gets bashd 4 spelln.[&o]

nobody in heer is da grammar police. nor r da mods.
he askd 4 advice on rc cars, not spellin suggestions.

bobby30. my buddy cummins drivr postd up sum good starter cars.
xerxes also suggests a 1/10 scale 2wd electrik stadium truck, or monster truck.
2 his list, im going 2 add...

traxxas slash
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXAPUW**&P=ML

traxxas stampede
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXNJJ0**&P=7

bolth of those r waterproof. so u can drive thru mud, water, inda rain, snow, ect.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:44 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I have seen worse as well. And again, I'm not bashing him. But I found his two posts difficult to read. When I have to read something 2 or 3 times to get the full meaning then there is no harm in pointing that out. Heck, read every response, including yours, and they are well written. Asking that the OP do the same is not wrong or disrespectful. And will, in fact, make his questions more easily understood.
Count your blessings. At least he doesn't talk like xerxes.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:46 PM
DaveG55

Once again, I was NOT bashing him.
Asking politely that someone use proper capitalization, punctuation and spelling so that they can be better understood is not bashing them. Nor is it being any kind of grammer police.
I did not repost his text as it should be, nor did I corerect, criticize or make fun of anything he said.
If y'all cannot, or chose not, tell the difference between my trying to be constructive and bashing then you are being bigger jerks than you are trying to make me out to be.

To the OP, sorry that this has detracted from your question. My intent was simply to help make your future post more easily understood. Not to bash you or distract from your question.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:41 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first off, dave- i read his posts perfectly fine, no issues, you have bashed me before on this, get over the pettiness ok, all that does is start arguments.

to "bobby" i would reccomend a new evader as a first car that is good for on-road and off-road, good speed and 2wd teaches you how to drive, they also come with parts replacement for 6months or a year (or 3months i forget which)

a redcat onroad car for onroad use- given they are not the best, they aren't that bad and they come rtr so no worries with setting things up at first and putting a bad taste in your mouth.

a team accosiated rc18t (old version) for a mini- these drive great, and handle ALOT of abuse, incredibly quick out of the box (20mph)

i would avoid nitro, kits, used cars and traxxas as a noobie (traxxas is OK, but the prices are WAAAAAY overboard for what you get.)
its your money choose what you want but make sure you go with your gut.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

To the OP: What about a Traxxas Stampede. I had a brushed one. it was fast, durable and was easy to repair but also helped me learn how to do harder repairs on other RCs. It was a great stepping stone for me.

To DaveG55: The only person whoto have issues reading his post is you. If you can't understand it, maybe you just shouldn't post. Not trying to start an argument but you wrote three uselessposts that did nothing but bash a new member for his spelling and punctuation. I agree that textspeak is annoying (even when texting) but as Shark wrote, I've seen you do this before. Leave it be.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:30 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

calling out a new poster's punctuation or writing style does not sound welcoming, no matter how you phrase it. but dave, you surely injected some high level irony here, as the op (maybe a kid), asked not to be bashed. so he must be prescient. he saw you coming.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:39 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: BOBBY30

Hello i would like to interduce my self my name is bobby.Im here to get some help im new to the rc world i have maybe a halfhour use on the rc's.im looking for a rc to learn the controls on.i did read the sticky on this.But im not sure where to start can some one tell me a good 1st rc to use i have a budget of $250.00 dollers but would like to spend less.plz.plz.plz.dont bash me over this

Not meant to bash, just constructive criticism - please use proper grammer when posting. This is not a cell phone, Facebook or Twitter. We all have a tendancy to take shortcuts but if you want to have people understand what you are asking you should really do a much better job of grammer. BTW, I am not perfect - I often mispell (?) and make gramatical mistakes. But I at least try to use more than one capital letter and period in a post.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: rgburrill

Not meant to bash, just constructive criticism - please use proper grammer when posting. This is not a cell phone, Facebook or Twitter. We all have a tendancy to take shortcuts but if you want to have people understand what you are asking you should really do a much better job of grammer. BTW, I am not perfect - I often mispell (?) and make gramatical mistakes. But I at least try to use more than one capital letter and period in a post.
Not meant to bash, just constructive criticism - please have an original thought and not copy what DaveG55 wrote. What is wrong with you?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Link119

I see nothing wrong with the constructive criticism, but i also dont see anything wrong with saying plz. We just generally try to type properly here, xerxes is just an exception because we've bashed on him enough for his bad typing and he still refuses to type properly. Im just a kid and i find it better to capitalize (except i).
As for the question i recommend the t4, from what ive heard here its as durable as the pede, it has a decent brushless setup, and it handles nicely.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:46 AM
brockettman

Hey Bobby,

cummins driver has made some great suggestions here and given you some links for where to buy them. If you have a local hobby shop don't forget to check them out too. I have a Duratrax Evader that I let my friends drive when they want to try out the hobby and it has been great. Since you are asking about learning how to use the controls, it's just going to take some practice, you'll catch on quick.

Don't forget that when you buy your vehicle, (assuming you go electric) you will also need to buy a battery to power the car and a charger to charge the battery. If you want to keep it simple just get a nickel metal hydride battery and a wall charger. When you get into brushless motors you can investigate more battery and charger options.

There are a whole bunch of options out there in both glow and electric so do some research and keep learning. [8D]

Good luck and have fun......

Ben

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

These are the ones I would choose from if I were you.

Electrix Circuit

http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetai...ium-Truck-Gray

Duratrax Evader

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXAAMW**&P=FR

Traxxas Rustler

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXNJH9**&P=FR

Associated T4 brushless

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXYYD9**&P=ML

I would reccomend something along these lines. The Rustler and the T4.1 will be the best of the bunch. The T4 is actually brushless which is much better in the long run, and with the stock gearing the T4.1 shouldnt be too hard to learn on. The Rustler will probably be the most durable, but doesent handle as well. If you dont want to spend the money on the rustler or T4.1, the Evader or Circuit are a great budget setup, especially if you are just learning to drive. The evader has a 1 year warranty on all the plastic parts, and they will basically warranty anything on the truck for a year if you have the receipt.

Eric
Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Flexnbeef
My Feedback: (9)

Unreal, A kid asks a few simple questions and all he gets is grief for it. Maybe we should ask RC Universe to include spell checker to satisfy all the english teachers out there...
Old 01-08-2012, 09:56 AM
saucySavy

What about a wheely king? they sell now for about $200.http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/106173/
The new ones are completely water proof. It may not be a great 'on road' car but it can go pretty much anywere, and would make a great starter truck.

And about all this grammar crap... Why is he getting bashed? I also read his post just fine. I was shocked when i read what DaveG55 wrote. So what if some people may have problems with grammar and spelling? They shouldn't have to take language classes just so they can post for help on an RC car forum. If you can't read it, then just move on.
I feel bad for Bobby. He comes for some help, (obviously worried about what people will think of his question), and one of his first replies is about his spelling? That's just sad. I hope he isnt scared to post on RCU now when he needs help.

To Bobby the origional poster, If you read this, Dont worry about what those 2 guys are saying. Please post your questions, Thats why we are here! This website is full of people who love to help. You dont need to change how your spell, so Just ignore the ones who are giving you pointless "tips"
Old 01-08-2012, 10:54 AM
BOBBY30

Hello all im back im not going to let the ones that are bashing me keep me away.I have come down too two trucks to buy one is the wheely king i just need to know wher i can buy it from.And the outher one is the traxxas slash 2wd i know wher i can buy that one at .saucysavy can you help me out on the wheely king one ?
Old 01-08-2012, 11:09 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all im back im not going to let the ones that are bashing me keep me away.I have come down too two trucks to buy one is the wheely king i just need to know wher i can buy it from.And the outher one is the traxxas slash 2wd i know wher i can buy that one at .saucysavy can you help me out on the wheely king one ?
the slash is ok, but check out HPI blitz first, i think hpi is cheaper, has 2.4ghz waterproof electronics and all that good stuff. the SC style car will be a fine first car but traxxas really is over-priced baiting people in with the "hop up" parts you dont need and over-estimated top speeds.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:26 AM
saucySavy

Good choices, they are both good trucks. If you need some help on your final decision, i'll just put in a few more words. The slash will handle better than the wheely king, and be more "zippy" if that makes sense. But, the wheely king is better for off road, and would be the better choice if you have snow in your area of New York. Its completely up to your though on what you think your would like better.

Do you have a local hobby shop? If so then pay them a visit, and they should be able to order one in for you. If not though, You can order it from websites like tower hobbies, rc planet, etc. (im sure there are more out there, but i live in Canada so im not too sure on all the American websites) I often hear about tower hobbies on this forum, so i'lll go with that one.

Tower hobbies http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBUSA&P=ML
Hope this helps!

EDIT: i agree with shark though. Traxxas seems to be a little bit over-priced for what they are. The hpi blitz is cheeper than the traxxas, and is as good, if not better built then the traxxas. But the point i made above stays the same. the wheelie king is better for off road, but the blitz is much better handling. it all depends what you want.
(blitz: http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/105832/

Old 01-09-2012, 10:37 AM
The Mad Modder

Both are good choices. Where will you be driving it the most? If you want to drive in grass a lot, I would definitely reccomend the Wheely king as it is 4wd and has more ground clearance; it also helps if you like driving in the snow. My wheely king gets driven the most because it will drive so many places. Don't get me wrong, the slash is a fine truck, it's more limited in where you can drive it, though.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:03 AM
BOBBY30

i have made my choice im going with the wheely king 4x4.and wher i live i get snow so that is the best choice for me for now and im going to teach my son how to run it so it can become mine and his hobbie.thanks to ever one who helped me on this i will be back with more qustions im sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.