Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I'm a bit confused

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm a bit confused

Why do all Touring cars have the same layout?

Are rc companies afraid to change they layout or are they out of ideas? There is still things that can be worked on, like perfect weight distrubution, tougher drivetrain, less weight, lower cog, there are things that can be improved

Its boring that they all look the same and nearly handle the same.

Rant Over
Old 01-15-2012, 03:08 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I'm a bit confused

I can see why you'd say that, but it's not quite true. When you consider that in on road 1/10th racing 1/10th of a second is an eternity, you understand what difference even the smallest design changes can make.

One particular case in point is the new Mugen MTX5. Check it out, very innovative. But if you're talking in the mid ranges, yeh, they're all the same, performance always comes down to who has the best tire cut. At the very high end the differences are more noticeable.

Like I say, I see what you mean, but hey, look at real cars. All front mid or rear engine with roughly the same suspension/chassis layouts (at the same price points).
Old 01-15-2012, 03:42 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I'm a bit confused

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I can see why you'd say that, but it's not quite true. When you consider that in on road 1/10th racing 1/10th of a second is an eternity, you understand what difference even the smallest design changes can make.

One particular case in point is the new Mugen MTX5. Check it out, very innovative. But if you're talking in the mid ranges, yeh, they're all the same, performance always comes down to who has the best tire cut. At the very high end the differences are more noticeable.

Like I say, I see what you mean, but hey, look at real cars.All front mid or rear engine with roughly the same suspension/chassis layouts (at the same price points).
All touring cars have the motor mounted abit towards the rear (except the Tamiya Ta05 seriers which have it right in to center)

I see what you mean, a millimeter in 1/10 touring is a cm in rearworld racing, which is alot. That Mugen looks pretty good