Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Is there much difference between the Savage 21 and 4.6?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Is there much difference between the Savage 21 and 4.6?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:55 AM
1ne8ighty2wo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there much difference between the Savage 21 and 4.6?

I know the savage 21 has been discontinued, but parts/design wise, is there much of a difference between these trucks (besides the engine, of course)?

(and I know this isn't the MT forum, but things are looking pretty dead over there so I'm hoping posting here will get some more traffic.)
Old 01-30-2012, 02:51 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Is there much difference between the Savage 21 and 4.6?

different battery/receiver box's, differential housing designs, TVP design, and I think the diffs are different (well the new 4.6's have BP diffs, not sure on the old ones), and different rollbar design.
but basically you can upgrade a .21 to the X parts. Savage parts are pretty universal, the only big change I know of was in the differential housing they swapped where the screw goes, with a peg to hold the diffs on. Other than that all the parts mount up exactly the same, and can be used on basically any one like for example when I had a .21 chassis I was able the screw the X RX box onto the .21 with no mods, along with the X rollbar.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:55 PM
saucySavy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, most plastic parts like the a-arms, bumpers, bulheads, etc.. are a little different. Also electronics are different, of course.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:57 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: saucySavy

Also, most plastic parts like the a-arms, bumpers, bulheads, etc.. are a little different. Also electronics are different, of course.
ohh yea the bumper plate I forgot about(that one was a PITA the get to work with the new bulkheads, and required some dremel work), outside that the arms work fine. I got .21 arms on the bulkheads out of a flux with the 8 shock setup with no changes to anything. Its actually kinda nice how universal most parts are