Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

My college project...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 01:21 PM
EnglishSamuraii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My college project...

Okay thank you for the feedback and tips guys some good and useful ideas there hopefully I will have a new improved design by Wednesday next week. I just need to run thriught a few things with the college as they lack the equipment I would need. Hopefully I will be able to sort something out with my company as they have the suitable equipment

Old 02-07-2012, 01:41 PM
EnglishSamuraii

Hi again,

I have improved the design. It is now height adjustable, and it has also made a perfect a slot for adding a shelf in the gap. Do you think that would be a good idea?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55875.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1724343  
Old 02-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have made the svivel plate height adjustable instead of the feets, this to be able to raise it so the wheels (or other things) don't come in conflict with the base plate while turning it.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:39 PM
DaveG55

Sorry guy, you did not address any of the issues myself and others brought up. Adjustable feet for the base do nothing for the usefullness of the stand and, in fact, I think it detracts from it's appearance.
If it's intended to be a truly useful stand then the plate the vehicle mounts to needs to be height adjustable, rotate, swivel and have some way to hold the car firmly right side up, upside down and even on its side. Not just sit on the oval plate. I do think a drawer would be nice as long as the base is going to be soo big. Otherwise it's just wasted space and most people don't have a lot of work space to waste.
So, once again, it would make a nice display stand but, as a useful work stand, it's just a pretty 2x4...
Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Looks like the part you sit the car on is to short. Its ugly. The tray on the end doesn't look very durable. Plus idk whats up with those legs? Try and make it more visually appeasing.. Just my honest opinion.