Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ITS ALIVE!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 04:58 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ITS ALIVE!!

I just finished my winter project! I built a Losi 8ight 2.0 from a box of parts and gave it a brushless conversion (Losi) using a Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2200kv system. I finally got my batteries in for it and got the Deans plugs connected this afternoon. I Got a 6s SkyLipo 5000mah 40C and 2 2s SkyLipo 5000mah 40C for 4s and 6s running. $153 for the batts brand new shipped from NitroPlanes.com is a great deal for lipos IMO! I just came in from doing the first test run and all I can say is WOW! I can't believe how much power these brushless sytems have! This is my first time running a MMM system and I know everybody says they are great, but untill you run one yourself you just can't understand it! I have had a few smaller brushless cars but nothing like this thing. This is going to be my speed car with the option of easily switching to off road. I currently have an 18T pinion and a 43T spur and it already feels stupied fast!But I have larger pinions ready to make it really fly. The torque is unbelievable. I used to say that nitro is the only way to go but I think I have had a change of heart. I have never driven I nitro the really scared me and made my jaw drop! I still like nitro and I plan on keeping one or two around for when I want "that sound" but brushless really does have a sound all it own. This thing doesn't sound or feel like some little kids toy which is one of the reasons I was slow to give brushless a real try but now that I have I am really glad I did! Here are a couple pics and if I have time after work tonight I will try to take a vid of it running. Enjoy!

Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 AM
yakfish

Default RE: ITS ALIVE!!

Here is a vid of the test run. I used the wrong bearing for the center diff. I was supposed to use flanged bearing and the ones i used weren't flanged so they moved while it was running and was binding against the diff mount which created exssesive drag and messed up the moount so I have to order a new mount and the correct bearings then it will be good to go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEfUAd56mXA
Old 02-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Dr. Blockhed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That thing rips!!!!

how long a run time do you get on one charge?
Old 02-18-2012, 07:59 PM
yakfish

I don't know I haven't ran a full pack thru it yet. I ran it last night for about 7-8 mintes and each cell was reading between 3.9v-4.0v. I should see somewhere around 15-20 minutes per pack.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dope
Old 02-20-2012, 03:43 PM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: Dr. Blockhed

That thing rips!!!!
I was wondering why I was only getting t0 49MPH on 6s with this gear setup. Turns out when I programmed the ESC I did it backwards. LOL! The ESC was running in reverse at the defualt 50% power. I reprogramed it the right way this time. Now it RIPS! I just got 66MPH on just 4s!