Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Sunfire Brushless Front Gear Box replaced and now spinning backwards..??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Sunfire Brushless Front Gear Box replaced and now spinning backwards..??

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 AM
sgalligan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunfire Brushless Front Gear Box replaced and now spinning backwards..??

Not sure if this the correct forum for this question or not I replaced the front gear box (pn# 02051T) on the car and now the front tires spin the opposite way as they're supposed. When I pull to trigger to go foward the the front tires are spinning in reverse so I'm not sure what I did here. I can't flip it around b/c the parts wouldn't line up. The replacement part number for the rear gear box is the same as the front. http://www.exceedrc.com/sparepart51c802.html

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Eman77

Default RE: Sunfire Brushless Front Gear Box replaced and now spinning backwards..??

Perhaps the differential inside that front gearbox needs to be flipped?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Scottgir

Default RE: Sunfire Brushless Front Gear Box replaced and now spinning backwards..??

Not to be funny, just looking for the info.

Do the front tires spin forward while the rear tires spin backwards? Or is it all 4 tires are running backwards when you press forward?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:55 PM
sgalligan

just the front tires spin backwards when I engage the trigger throttle. the rears spin correctly.

thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 03:35 PM
pede_187

You most likely inserted the front differential backwards into the diff casing like Eman said. Flip it around so that the actual gear faces the opposite side of the case. This should fix your problem.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
sgalligan

pede_187 & Eman
Thanks for the suggestion...I found the old (broken) gear box and I could have flipped it like you and Eman suggested but with this new gear box the differential will only fit in one way (in attached pic). I'm wondering if exceedRC sent the incorrect part? I noticed it the slight difference when I was replacing it but everything else lined up perfectly so ithought it would be ok.

Thanks again for the help..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50801.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1729712  
Old 02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

try flipping the rear then

and seeing its brushless you will also have to swap 2 wires on the motor to the esc (any 2 will reverse the motor)

and chances are exceed sent you the wrong thing QC is not their forte
Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: sgalligan

pede_187 & Eman
Thanks for the suggestion...I found the old (broken) gear box and I could have flipped it like you and Eman suggested but with this new gear box the differential will only fit in one way (in attached pic). I'm wondering if exceedRC sent the incorrect part? I noticed it the slight difference when I was replacing it but everything else lined up perfectly so i thought it would be ok.

Thanks again for the help..
Hmm, I see what you mean. If that's the case, then yes, it sounds like you got the wrong part. Give them a call/email. That stinks dude.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:27 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make it do the moon walk!