Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How can led lights put into my RC car?

I have an idea that is to put the led lights into my rc car,it may be so cool.But I don't know more about it.I want to buy some led lights,but I just find some like the one on the page http://www.ervan.cn/Products/L06G-do...d-LED-tube.htm .That's too big!How can I find some led lights fit rc cars,and how to put them into my car?Thanks for helping me!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: How can led lights put into my RC car?

Hope this helps.
    http://www.rc-lights.com/
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is GET A BODY REAMER. Imo, Body Reamers are 100x better than power drills at making precise, custom sized holes.

Installing LED's is actually super easy. The video below gives a pretty good overview but he uses a power drill while I think its much easier to use a body reamer.

Also, you don't have to make our own LED kit if you don't want to. There's a lot of good LED kits on Ebay, like this one HERE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoI42U9AGi0[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi. Putting LEDlights on your car is quite easy. Check out www.rclighthouse.com . These are easy to mount and are quite durable. Hope this helps. Lee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the link xmod3563 . That linkyou posted is to our Yeah Racing drifter set up which is a great set up. Different flahing modes and interchangeable leds. The reamer is also highly recommended for mounting the LED's holders. Since a drill can dance around maring your body. Not only that it is hard to get it exactley centered. You don't want to know how many times before we started using a reamer we'd have one headlight a half inch higher than the other. lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

depends on voltage, but I've hooked 2 3V white LED's(I got like 100 for $10 from china last time I ordered) up in series with a 100 ohm resistor(and if more are needed you can hook more up in parallel I have 8 LEDs on my SCX10 being powered this way) and connected it to http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1210 to be able to control the lights remotely which is just pluged in the 3rd channel of the RX (assuming you have a 3channel radio).
    If you want them on whenever the RC has power you can just hook them straight the the RX's battery slot
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I posted a question like this in the detailing section and got no response haha. Too bad i didnt ask and look here before i installed them (which was earlier today) But i love how mine look. Will be posting pics soon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

depends on voltage, but I've hooked 2 3V white LED's(I got like 100 for $10 from china last time I ordered) up in series with a 100 ohm resistor(and if more are needed you can hook more up in parallel I have 8 LEDs on my SCX10 being powered this way) and connected it to http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1210 to be able to control the lights remotely which is just pluged in the 3rd channel of the RX (assuming you have a 3channel radio).
    If you want them on whenever the RC has power you can just hook them straight the the RX's battery slot
    What does that item in the link do? And how would i connect the lights directley to my Rustler VXL because right now my lights are hooked up to a battery taped to my car's body lol...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well its a 3rd channel controllable switch. So if you have a 3rd channel button on the radio it would enable you to turn it on and off remotely.
    I forgot that pollux thing also needs a servo wire (most hobby shops sell em pretty cheap) so basically it would plug into channel 3 on the RX and be able to flip em off or on with the push of a button. I've made 2 and they work pretty good so far. I believe they can drive 3Amps worth of LED's too, but most I hooked up were 8.
    But if the radio don't have a channel 3 than the plugging em into the rx is the best option IMO

BTW which lights do you have? if its the ones that run on 9V the thing I linked will not work

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine run 12v haha and i just hooked them up to alkaline batteries. I was wondering how to hook them to the car for a power source (can I?) And i want to get a switch (If i cant hook up to car) but can you link me one i cant find one. Also I have the Rustler VXL that came with the transmitter before 2.4ghz one came out so i think i only have 2 channels

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yup thats 2 channel

12V? sheesh I'm guessing those are the ones for airplanes that hobbypartz sells. unfortunately 95% chance you can't make them run off 6V's (I never saw them personally)

as for a general switch thats pretty easy get any SPST (radio shack sells them) and cut one of the LED wire's and solder it in to put it between the battery, and LED's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah i know how to connect it i just cant find one online and these arnt meant for RC ahha

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stupid idea. you're of coursean idiot!!!