Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

If not here where?

Old 03-04-2012, 04:06 PM
biggups

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default If not here where?

I dont post much but i do read through this forum, almost daily.I certainly value this site and creditabout90%of my rc knowledge to rcu.But,I seem to have issues almost daily and it appears that little is being done to salvage the site. There isnt even any confirmation that the problems are being addressed to my knowledge. So, whats the next best thing for me, the avid forum reader and most importantly, car/truck collector / basher.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:26 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: If not here where?

Are you talking about the site being a total piece of crap the past few months?

Yeah... they seem to just be ignoring it. It doesn't load for the half the time, and some things take ****ing FOREVER to load.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Summit Love
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ultimate RC is good. I normally post over there. I agree I like to read the forums here but it is becoming hard to do so. I hope I don't get in any trouble for mentioning another site? It's not like they care about their own sooo?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:35 PM
biggups

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I love this site and the info i have gained from here i would never have gotten w/out it. But I see the complaints and experience the same issues daily. Im fortunate enough to have a job where i can visit here and do my job at the same time and the issues are the same if not worse. so my question is, whats  the next best thing. i like to read conversations about whats new and i also like to buy / collect rc cars truck.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:01 PM
JohnP2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Funny you post this, as I posted something similar a few days ago (see here).

To answer your specific question, I'm been spending more time in the Toyz forum than here. I like EVERYTHING better about this site, save for the piss-poor web hosting.

I've mentioned it before, but I am in IT and I can assure you that if our web-site has ANY sort of a glitch all sorts of bells and whistles (alerts) are fired and if it is not rectified immediately, we are in a "war room" until we figure out the problem and ensure it does not happen again.

However, if this site gets worse - and we all agree to a mass exodus, my 2nd favorite is the Toyz forum. I've learned a LOT from Squirrel. ;-)

Finally, it's NOT the forum software (I'm another another forum that uses this exact same product). It's all about the infrastructure of how it is hosted. I might not be able to teach you boys much about RC Cars (although I'm getting there)....but computer software - I know.

Now, John, select all and copy this text before....;-)
Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JohnP2
Finally, it's NOT the forum software (I'm another another forum that uses this exact same product). It's all about the infrastructure of how it is hosted. I might not be able to teach you boys much about RC Cars (although I'm getting there)....but computer software - I know.

Now, John, select all and copy this text before....;-)
I started having issues when they changed their hosting provider a while back. Prior to the change I had 0 issues, after almost daily.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:23 PM
biggups

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

when the issues started, atleast mods would offer some explaination. but lately the issues are more frequent and the explainations are gone. which is why proposed the question of where to go. thanks johnp2 i will check out the Toyz.. I guess im a creature of comfort and although im not a voice here i have spent enough time here and know who knows there stuff and who is full of stuff. its reasonably moderated where other sites are almost a dictatorship. Hopefully this sites value will pursued the decisionmakers to do better

Old 03-04-2012, 08:19 PM
swanpondwv

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The only other forum as diverse as RCU is rcgroups.com. I can't say the content is better. But it def runs better.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:48 PM
The_Shark

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I love this website, so much better laid out than all the rest, BUT! i have had to close and reopen my browser today 7 times in a couple hours.

not this is the only site with issues (rc tech sometimes never loads) its very sad such a good site is becoming almost impossible to use. i dont know if the programmers are not working at fixing the bugs, or if the problems are simply overwhelming the staff.

actually attempting to post this kicked me out of RCU i had to restart my browser to reload the site, 6minutes of attempts.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:01 AM
DaveG55

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JohnP2
I've mentioned it before, but I am in IT and I can assure you that if our web-site has ANY sort of a glitch all sorts of bells and whistles (alerts) are fired and if it is not rectified immediately, we are in a ''war room'' until we figure out the problem and ensure it does not happen again.
The difference there being that your work web site is a source of, well, work. Meaning that it is a buisness that is meant to bring in buisness, revinue and service paying customers. RCU is not a buisness as such. It's a site that is put up by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. I seriously doubt that much, if any, profit is realized by the owners.

Still, it would be nice if the site were a bit more stable...
Old 03-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree with you. I have also been having problems, it sometimes takes 5-10 minutes for it to load my posts, sometimes longer or not at all. Sometimes the entire webpage won't load. RCgroups is the closest thing that I have seen to RCU, but I don't think you will find anything as good as RCUniverse (or at least as good as RCU used to be). I hope they fix it soon. I too, can credit most, if not all, of my RC knowledge to this website.

-I am glad to know its not just me, though. I pay extra for a 20-somethingmeg broadband connection so when one of my favorite sites won't load or is going slow it pisses me off.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Clmbngfrk18

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow and here i thought it was due to my work internet or ipod. Ive been attempting to reply to posts all week snd usually just give up trying when it won't post. The ones that do show up i fought to get posted. Even this one. I find using the preview button is the only way it will post
Old 03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Clmbngfrk18

Wow and here i thought it was due to my work internet or ipod. Ive been attempting to reply to posts all week snd usually just give up trying when it won't post. The ones that do show up i fought to get posted. Even this one. I find using the preview button is the only way it will post
ditto so many posts I wanted to do, and just got fed up with trying to post, and closed the window for the day.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Nitroaddicted

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This is interesting, I leave my browser open with RCU open all day and don't have to refresh and I never have loading problems on this site or rctech, I wonder if it's about location or something. Idk, Im not a network wiz.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:01 PM
The_Shark

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

INSTALL FIRE FOX

since i started using it the site is 500X better, i was using explorer and it was locking up every five minutes, the site is still glitchy, but it talks to the browser alot better.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

INSTALL FIRE FOX

since i started using it the site is 500X better, i was using explorer and it was locking up every five minutes, the site is still glitchy, but it talks to the browser alot better.
Love Mozilla's browsers. Hell prior to them existing I used Mosaic which is what netscape was based on
I will rarely use Opera(well not very often seeing the site I installed it to use finally fixed the incompatibility with FF)

This sites still extremely glitchy, honestly most glitchy site I have been on in awhile. Its just today the glitches have been at a minimum it seems to go in spurts from perfectly useable, to sometimes not being able to login(3-4 days ago), or unable to load a single page the whole day(last saturday or was it sunday).
Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

INSTALL FIRE FOX

I'm on firefox and it still sucks. It's a hosting problem, not a browser problem.