Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

First new set of tires. Mounting help?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

First new set of tires. Mounting help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Zlash03
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First new set of tires. Mounting help?

I know how to glue the tire and everything butthe main problem is how doI cut (if i need to) the foam inserts for the tires? Im usingJConcepts Mono dish wheels and the tires are Proline soft off-road buggy. The tires and wheels are 2.2". WhenI bought the tires it said the foam was Pre-Cut but I find the foam to be to wide for the tires. The front tires are only half the size of the foam! The rear ones bulge out a little. I imagine the foam is supposed to fit into the two lips that are on the inside of the tire.The wheels and tires are for a 1/10 buggy.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:41 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: First new set of tires. Mounting help?

Its foam man, it will squeeze into the tires. You shouldn't need to trim the foam at all. Use what you got.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:01 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: First new set of tires. Mounting help?

Stuff the foam into the tire, it will compress.