Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Stolen RC cars.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:46 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Stolen RC cars.

ORIGINAL: silvermansteve

ha! now THIS is the most lockable thread i've ever seen. or it could use a deep cleaning, i guess. anyway, how ARE those member scores generated? is a high score BAD? (i figure i can ask here, as this conversation has gone afield anyway....) thanks.

by the way ... about a ''staged summit crash''? no, don't tell me....
the score is related to how many times people voted for a post you made. Higher the score meant people voted on your post, doesn't really matter seeing a lot of ppl don't even realize you can vote on threads or don't bother (I fall in that category)
Old 04-05-2012, 08:54 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Syco I rated you a healthy 5 stars for that post. Keep it up you will get a sticker!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:24 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

A new contender? You guys hijacked his thread, only to start a little catfight that probably wouldn't even get past words if you two girls ever DID meet. This is RCUniverse, man, not some low-rent hillbilly page talking about their scale tractor RC's. And to top it off, you are both so involved in your little quarrel that you don't even realize how childish you both look. Not like that matters, as this is a family-friendly forum, but save it for the playground. Besides, both of you want to call idiocy upon each other, yet the grammar, or opposite thereof, has dropped the whole websites I.Q. Grow up. Go make new names on the Traxxas forums and continue this there [&:]

Good post!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thread cleaned up. To our protagonists, any more of this nonsense and disciplinary action will be taken against both of you. Just report posts which offend, don't respond, and let us sort it out, otherwise your fates will be shared.

Thanks, carry on...
Old 04-06-2012, 01:57 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

i see. thank you syco.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:00 AM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

First of all, you did a good thing. But don't tell a cop about it, you are guilty of receiving stolen property. I know that what you did was the right thing to do, just be carefull who you tell. Sucks about your GPS.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:56 AM
warbird72
My Feedback: (79)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great guy!! The world needs more people like you!! Did you get the guy's name that stold the rc stuff?? Maybe a tag #... You get a 200 dollar reward and get him off the streets..
Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 AM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Incredible. Wish there were more people like you out there. A lot of people would have either avoided buying the obviously stolen goods so as to not get involved, or kept/sold them again.

My girlfriend recently had her laptop stolen. It also ended up on craigslist. Unfortunately, I attempted to use the police, who sat on their butts and didn't lift a finger. Never got her laptop back of course.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:20 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Great Job! Love to had seen the scum bag that stole them go to jail but a good ending to a good deed!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:06 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

like one poster above, i'm tempted to think people are getting worse as time goes by, less honest, etc. but i have a feeling people were always the same, no worse no better. just seems so for some strange reason.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:53 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie commends you for doing the right thing, proanti1. All too often people choose to not get involved because of the potential of them getting heat for receiving stolen property.

A local guy had his 2w buggy stolen at the track and it showed up at an LHS. An esteemed racer recognized the car sitting on the hobby shop counter, snagged it, and called the rightful owner.

It sucks that we have to keep an eye on what we've earned because some lazy sack of poop has got his eyeballs on it. When ThunderbirdJunkie was moving into his current apartment, he was carrying his RC load out of the Jeep into the building. A crackhead looking passerby said "man, dem look aspensive, wut dey wurf?"

"If you think these look expensive, you should see how expensive my guns look."

He kept right on walkin'.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:50 AM
hairy46

But the bullets are still afordable! Great answer thunderbirdjunkie!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: silvermansteve

like one poster above, i'm tempted to think people are getting worse as time goes by, less honest, etc. but i have a feeling people were always the same, no worse no better. just seems so for some strange reason.
Nope, you're right. People are getting worse. Especially the teenagers. My generation (I'm 29) may have had troublemakers (hell I may have been one) but the things we did were nothing compared to the things they do and the ways they act now. Thats not to exclude the current adults, though. I hear of more and more break ins and needless vandalism now more than ever.