Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas Slash 4x4 or Rustler VXL?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 06:14 AM
racazar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Slash 4x4 or Rustler VXL?

Hi, I need help choosing my first RC car. I've tried my friend's, and I wanted to buy one for myself. I want a car that can handle a little rough driving, but still go fast. I've been looking at the Traxxas Slash 4x4 Brushless #6808. It seems like a nice car, but I'm not sure on the speed of it. I've also been looking at the Traxxas Rustler VXL Brushless #3707. It also looks like a nice car, and the website says it can go faster. But I'm not sure if it can handle that rough driving. I'm just going to drive on roads, grass, some snow piles or something, some small jumps, not big ones. I hope you can give me some pros and cons for each car, to help me choose wich one to buy. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:56 PM
chase1

Default RE: Traxxas Slash 4x4 or Rustler VXL?

of the two, slash 4x4. its very fast andtough and with 4wd it will handle terrain very well. the vxl rustler is a bit over powered for the chassis and handling suffers for it in the dirt. very fun on blacktop with a wheelie bar though.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 PM
FahrtAutoRC

For your purposes, I would suggest the Rustler, simply because you mention grass and snow. Just remember, there really isn't many RC's out there that would do very well in all but the shortest grass.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:11 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: racazar

Hi, I need help choosing my first RC car. I've tried my friend's, and I wanted to buy one for myself. I want a car that can handle a little rough driving, but still go fast. I've been looking at the Traxxas Slash 4x4 Brushless #6808. It seems like a nice car, but I'm not sure on the speed of it. I've also been looking at the Traxxas Rustler VXL Brushless #3707. It also looks like a nice car, and the website says it can go faster. But I'm not sure if it can handle that rough driving. I'm just going to drive on roads, grass, some snow piles or something, some small jumps, not big ones. I hope you can give me some pros and cons for each car, to help me choose wich one to buy. Thanks.
Ignore that when making a decision that speed is based on having geared to high hell on 3S in short bursts that will fry the electronics if done for prolonged times.

Slash 4X4 IMO will be easier to control in snow, and IMO won't get stuck as easy off road.

Personally as someone who owned a slash 4X4 I didn't really care for it too much. I like it way more since I made it into a stampede 4X4
Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 AM
racazar

What about the HPI Vorza Flux? How is that in comparison to the Slash?
Old 03-26-2012, 03:22 PM
gPlayer234

I'd get a Stampede 4x4 if you've got $400+ to spend
Old 03-26-2012, 03:51 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Apples and oranges, but, in the grand sceme of thing, better.

ORIGINAL: racazar

What about the HPI Vorza Flux? How is that in comparison to the Slash?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Atlantiskiwi

Did you end up getting anything? I have the Stampede 4x4 B/L and nitro rustler.

I love the Pede and bought it on the basis that I am just going to have a play and want something robust that is quick, can jump, go up and over anything and if I do break something then it is cheap and easy to fix. The Pede ticks all of these boxes.

If you want to use it on road and smooth dirt then you would go for the slash but then if you don't want to spend that sort of money, the rustler will still make you smile!!

My suggestion, buy what's in your budget and enjoy it. Don't go crazy and push yourself otherwise you will feel guilty the whole time you are running it.

Get into it mate!!

Let us know what you choose.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:11 PM
racazar

I got the Stampede 4x4 VLX I am very happy with it!