Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

MIP THREAD!!!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 04:40 PM
MIP MATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIP THREAD!!!!!

Hi guys, this is Matt over at Morre's Ideal Products better known as MIP. I would like to start a new MIP based thread so I can get some feedback about our products. The good, the bad, and everything in-between, bring it all on! I'm the customer service/ tech guy/ team manager over here so if you have any questions, or need help, make sure to hit me up.

We also have a couple new products in the works, the first of which is our Realshocks Bypass 1 product. Check out Velocity RC Magazine's vid for a detailed overview with Eustace Moore (MIP Owner).

visit vrcmag.com for the vid

Enjoy!

Regards,

Matt
Customer Service/Tech Support/Team Manager
Old 03-24-2012, 05:06 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MIP THREAD!!!!!

A type of universal cooling head would be cool... where a head button mounts onto the specific engine with some countersunk screws, then the a standardized fin stack mounts on top of the head button. To switch it over to a different engine, all you would need would be a different (and cheap) head button.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:29 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would kill for someone to make a filter screen for 25mm & 30mm fans to keep grass, water, dirt & rocks out with a big embossed MIP logo....

BTY great product no complaints here
Old 03-24-2012, 06:50 PM
chase1

as a long time mx rider i have thought alot about the valved shocks but my design had equal number of holes in the piston and a flappervalve on the top and bottom of the piston with various hole numbersto control both rebound and compression. the valve would have to stay fixed to the piston and not rotateto maintain the hole alignment. damn, there goes my millions!!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:43 PM
FahrtAutoRC

I don't have anything MIP yet, but if you would like to send me a parts bin I will gladly tortue test them to no end! Slash 4X4, Losi 8ight, HPI Blitz
Old 03-27-2012, 02:40 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Always enjoyed the MIP products for the RC10 line.
I have a package of unopened CVD's for the RC10GT sitting in a box I need to make use of... been meaning to order the 4-N-1 clutch for it too.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:33 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 4 in one clutch isnt that great. It's basically just an RTR type clutch. It slips bad when used with a Robinson clutch bell. The stock GT clutch is far better, especially if you pick up a 3 or 4 shoe flywheel.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:34 PM
MIP MATT

Awesome to here guys and thanks for the compliments. We're working hard on alot of new projects and I'll post some pics when the final product is done.

Thanks for all the support and keep the comments coming. We like to here what you guys need because we make what others cant the first time around hahaha
Old 03-31-2012, 11:24 AM
butt_housed247

i have a question, how come you guys don't make any parts for the duratrax evader?  i could use a set of CVD's for my evader.  stock dogbones suck
Old 03-31-2012, 08:17 PM
MIP MATT

Post a pic of the bones and some dementions I betcha we'll have something that works.

Regards,

Matt
Old 03-31-2012, 08:20 PM
MIP MATT

Post a pic of the bones and some dementions I betcha we'll have something that works.

Regards,

Matt
Old 04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
SLAYERDUDE

ORIGINAL: proanti1

The 4 in one clutch isnt that great. It's basically just an RTR type clutch. It slips bad when used with a Robinson clutch bell. The stock GT clutch is far better, especially if you pick up a 3 or 4 shoe flywheel.
I use the AE 4 shoe racing flywheel and it does work pretty good hehehe, some former ST racers told me the MIP was the bombshizzle tho.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:40 PM
GTracing

I bought kit 8106 for my 2wd drive slash and the dogbones are to short even with the suspension compressed.I saw on another forum that someone else had the same problem but did not post what they did.Any ideas?
Old 10-05-2012, 05:41 PM
James c harrell
My Feedback: (18)

I just bought a set of CVDs' for my rustler VXL and on the first run the outside cup broke half in two. They were the 08123 model. I know the slipper was set and my set-up is stock with a 3s battery. My question is if there is any type of warranty on these. I feel like there had to have been a weak spot in the cup or something.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing some parts for the Losi LST2.. Like anodized skidplates, roll bars, and maybe a better brake disk/shoe setup. The losi stuff works okay, but there isnt a whole lot of aftermarket parts other than the RPM stuff and the Losi skid plates. Some alloy diff cups would be super neat, too.

I've used MIP CVD's on my Nitro Rustler for many many years. The only problems I've ever encountered with them is sometimes the dogbones would pop out of the drive cup, and the drive cups wore really fast. I found ways around the drive cup coming out, but I ended up having to buy replacement drive cups on my last Rustler.

Overall, MIP has good quality stuff. I haven't any real issues that would prevent me from buying again.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 PM
James c harrell
My Feedback: (18)

This is the axle that broke on me. I have to think it was a freak thing. You can see there is no wear on the axle. It broke on the first run. I had to put a stock axle in for now and have run it with the other MIP and the stock on the other side and have had no problems yet. Slipper is working.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73253.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1809109  
Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 AM
yorky2010

Hi MIP Matt, I just purchased from a retailer the Slash 4x4 rear (#10130) and front kits, but the rear seemed to be missing two pins #99023? I opened the pack carefully and searched all over the table and floor in case it dropped out but there are no where to be found. The package was sealed where the small parts are in the pack.

What can I do? I had to take two of the four pins from the front set to complete the rear but that still leaves me two short

Also, are the hex's meant to wobble about so much? Seems to wobble a bit to me on both sides.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:38 AM
shadowrc21

hey mip matt i just got a set of #14295 mip x-duty c- drive kit vaterra k-5 blazer ascender and i got the front put together and installed but i get a hopping when i give throttle but when i hold the chassis and compress the front shocks the hopping stops do you have any ideas as to how to fix this problem any ideas are welocme
Old 12-30-2015, 03:53 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Question. besides the obvious second set of holes for a slight difference in engagement timing, what advantage do your trx 3.3 clutch shoes have over the stock shoes?
Old 12-30-2015, 05:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well as he hasn't posted in over 3 years I somewhat doubt he will reply to the new questions
Old 12-30-2015, 06:05 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
Well as he hasn't posted in over 3 years I somewhat doubt he will reply to the new questions
oh my bad, i didnt notice the date of the comments prior to the recent. I had no clue someone posted on an old dead thread.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:49 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mattster1971
oh my bad, i didnt notice the date of the comments prior to the recent. I had no clue someone posted on an old dead thread.
Seen quite a few old dead threads resurrected in the past few days.

Main reason I notice is I used to talk alot with some of the posters, and they left here years ago